Multi-IEM Review - 352 IEMs compared (Pump Audio Earphones added 04/03/16 p. 1106)
Aug 5, 2011 at 1:06 PM Post #3,753 of 16,931
CALLING ALL MEELEC IEM USERS:

Meelectronics finally have their own Cable Guides:

http://www.meelec.com/MEElectronics_Over_the_Ear_Cable_Guides_p/ep-cableguide-bk.htm

Enjoy!
cool.gif

Aug 5, 2011 at 4:43 PM Post #3,755 of 16,931
The guides I use are from the dollar store. They had cheap buds attached, but yank 'em out and voila brand ear ear guides.

Aug 5, 2011 at 8:51 PM Post #3,758 of 16,931

Thank you so much for this thread joker! It helped me decide on my first pair of armature iems (Melec A151), and I'm in love with the sound. Everything I've used before had too much bass emphasis and I couldn't be happier with these. That being said, my girlfriend has also fallen in love with them and I'm looking to get myself a second pair of armatures in the $100-$200 price range. I've been reading up on DBA-02 and Brainwavz B2 as potential candidates and was wondering if these would be a step in the right direction. Needless to say, I'd probably go with the B2 due to their current sale price ($129.50), but was wondering if you might have any other suggestions prior to making a purchase. Thank you :)

Aug 5, 2011 at 10:24 PM Post #3,759 of 16,931

Quote:

But not for my CC51 (which was to be expected...)

The weird thing is that I can wear my CC51 Over-the -Ear. So I don't know why they excluded that.

Aug 6, 2011 at 3:26 AM Post #3,760 of 16,931

Quote:
Thank you so much for this thread joker! It helped me decide on my first pair of armature iems (Melec A151), and I'm in love with the sound. Everything I've used before had too much bass emphasis and I couldn't be happier with these. That being said, my girlfriend has also fallen in love with them and I'm looking to get myself a second pair of armatures in the $100-$200 price range. I've been reading up on DBA-02 and Brainwavz B2 as potential candidates and was wondering if these would be a step in the right direction. Needless to say, I'd probably go with the B2 due to their current sale price ($129.50), but was wondering if you might have any other suggestions prior to making a purchase. Thank you
smily_headphones1.gif

The DBA-02 is what I'd have if I wanted to try a well-balanced high-end BA-based earphone without spending a fortune. Runner up would probably be a simple HF-series Ety considering the prices we've been seeing lately. Still one of my favorite sets around $100.

Quote:
The weird thing is that I can wear my CC51 Over-the -Ear. So I don't know why they excluded that.

I think the end of the cable guide will overlap with the strain relief of the CC51 because the stem is so long, resulting in a less-than-perfect "fit". Probably depends on the size of the wearer's ear, too.

Aug 7, 2011 at 4:36 AM Post #3,763 of 16,931

Quote:
This was a great help to me. Perhaps you'd like to make a minor update to the value of the MEE M6, though, as they're now approximately $22 on Amazon.

I'll move them up a tier one of these days.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back