Multi-IEM Review - 352 IEMs compared (Pump Audio Earphones added 04/03/16 p. 1106)
Jul 27, 2011 at 1:46 AM Post #3,676 of 16,931

Quote:
Hello, what's Stereo please? Do you recommend it? I'll be in Singapore next week for 1 day.

Welcome to Singapore in advance! Stereo is a headphone business, like Jaben. They have 2 outlets in shopping centres, although the Plaza Singapura one is likely more convenient for you since it is in the Orchard Road area. http://stereo.com.sg/

Jul 27, 2011 at 4:32 PM Post #3,678 of 16,931

Quote:
This list has been much of a help to me when it comes deciding which IEM to take! Although the list may has been a little bit harsh on my wallet :p But keep up the good work !

Thanks, glad the thread was useful! Sorry about the wallet
wink.gif

Jul 27, 2011 at 6:51 PM Post #3,679 of 16,931
I see you got a K370. Can you tell us some very brief impressions? I mean, I only heard really bad stuff about them (e.g. it's bested by phones rated below 6 on your scale), but nothing exact from someone I can use as reference. (like you)

Jul 27, 2011 at 11:22 PM Post #3,680 of 16,931

Quote:
I see you got a K370. Can you tell us some very brief impressions? I mean, I only heard really bad stuff about them (e.g. it's bested by phones rated below 6 on your scale), but nothing exact from someone I can use as reference. (like you)

6 might be a bit low but they aren't particularly great. Haven't listened to them since the day I got them but I'd say they are slightly worse than the Soundmagic E10 at first listen.

Jul 28, 2011 at 12:23 AM Post #3,681 of 16,931

Quote:

Thanks! To be fair, though, the number of IEMs is a bit less staggering when you consider that it's been complied over two years. Or maybe not...

It's only been 2 years? Much more staggering in my eyes, That's pretty much an IEM reviewed every 4 days. Just wow. Congrats man, that is one hell of a dedicated achievement. And to think I thought you deserved the UM Miracle when I was under the impression that it wasn't such a breakneck pace. And I just realized the portable headphones thread too. Someone buy this man a beer, he needs a break. Oh, and thanks.

Jul 28, 2011 at 1:51 AM Post #3,682 of 16,931
and there's the miracle review!!  i'm glad i was a part of getting the gift to you!  makes me want one so hard...  haha

Jul 28, 2011 at 7:26 PM Post #3,685 of 16,931

Quote:
It's only been 2 years? Much more staggering in my eyes, That's pretty much an IEM reviewed every 4 days. Just wow. Congrats man, that is one hell of a dedicated achievement. And to think I thought you deserved the UM Miracle when I was under the impression that it wasn't such a breakneck pace. And I just realized the portable headphones thread too. Someone buy this man a beer, he needs a break. Oh, and thanks.

I take breaks pretty frequently or I'd have no backlog 
beerchug.gif

Quote:
and there's the miracle review!!  i'm glad i was a part of getting the gift to you!  makes me want one so hard...  haha

Cheers, thanks for the Miracle! Sorry about you wallet (maybe 
tongue.gif
)

Jul 28, 2011 at 8:31 PM Post #3,686 of 16,931

Quote:
Any chance we get the j-phonics k2's tested?

Which version of the k2, tho? SP or MX? I've been contemplating getting the K2 SP for a long time now but just haven't bit the bullet as I only have 2 reviews to go on (ClieOS' and shigzeo's). To me, that simply isn't enough to go on, especially since you cant return them (says so on the website) and there is no way I can audition them first.

Jul 28, 2011 at 9:17 PM Post #3,687 of 16,931

Quote:
Which version of the k2, tho? SP or MX?

The SP's. It would be great to get them on here. Aswell as the SE215's I have, so I can compare the performance. ( I know it's always subjective ) but it appears the reviewer has had hundreds of the things in his ears, so there must be a good degree of validity to his opinion.

I would go as far to say that it's in J-Phonics interest to have them in this comparison table, this kind of marketing is not to be underrated :)

Jul 28, 2011 at 9:58 PM Post #3,689 of 16,931

Quote:
The SP's. It would be great to get them on here. Aswell as the SE215's I have, so I can compare the performance. ( I know it's always subjective ) but it appears the reviewer has had hundreds of the things in his ears, so there must be a good degree of validity to his opinion.

I would go as far to say that it's in J-Phonics interest to have them in this comparison table, this kind of marketing is not to be underrated :)

That's true. Joker's impressions on the k2's will certainly help me decide if i wanna get it or not. But i feel the MX should be reviewed as well so ppl would know which one suits them better.  The only issue here is we cant always expect joker to buy the IEMs we want him to review so someone needs to buy it first and then lend it to him to review. Hmmm.....

Jul 29, 2011 at 2:50 AM Post #3,690 of 16,931
It costs $480 in Japan and $400 to non-Japan, sounds better than the famous $850 2-xs (which was the only high-end custom IEM a few years ago, along with the UE something) and it's the most customizable IEM (tuning, 8 colours, cable length, termination, hard-case size, hard-case colour) etc.

Oh yeah and it's made in Japan so it's only natural it's in the "made in Japan" pricing category (Stax, for instance).

They could start making the J-phonic in Thailand but then they'd have to call it the Thai-phonic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back