Multi-IEM Review - 352 IEMs compared (Pump Audio Earphones added 04/03/16 p. 1106)
May 3, 2011 at 10:52 AM Post #2,807 of 16,931
I find the CK10 to be fantastic for trance, but then I am more seduced by space, liquidity, and shimmer than pounding lows and weighty notes when it comes to trance.

Quote:
Can anyone help me choose between the ATH-CK10 and Ortofon e-Q5? I'm dying to order the ATH-CK10, but want to be 100% sure especially considering the cost.
biggrin.gif

EDIT -
Nevermind, I have ordered the ATH-CK10, Hope I made the right choice.
biggrin.gif

May 3, 2011 at 10:58 AM Post #2,808 of 16,931
Hey, joker, random off-topic recommendation - what artists/albums would you recommend for a newcomer to the Trance genre? :p

(also, another slightly more on-topic addition, how would you like to review a pair of fake IE8s? :p  I think it would be a interesting and perhaps humorous addition to your thread.  If you wanted, I could send you a pair on me, no need to worry about sending back)

May 3, 2011 at 7:07 PM Post #2,810 of 16,931

Quote:
Hey, joker, random off-topic recommendation - what artists/albums would you recommend for a newcomer to the Trance genre? :p

(also, another slightly more on-topic addition, how would you like to review a pair of fake IE8s? :p  I think it would be a interesting and perhaps humorous addition to your thread.  If you wanted, I could send you a pair on me, no need to worry about sending back)

I am no more than a casual trance listener and really haven't gotten as familiar with the genre as I'm sure many others have. Therefore, I am not comfortable making recommendations. Not very familiar with the subgenres but I think I've somehow gotten into 'psytrance'. Bizarre Contact is one of my favorite artists and I quite like Electro Sun as well. I also like some Super8 & Tab, Above & Beyond, Yuri Kane, Filo & Peri from the more mainstream (I guess) stuff.

I have had numerous opportunities to review fakes in the past but I will not include any of them in the thread as that would only act to legitimize the establishment. I'd be happy to listen to it and give my thoughts but only genuine products are making it onto the front page of this thread.

May 4, 2011 at 2:03 AM Post #2,814 of 16,931

Quote:

I am no more than a casual trance listener and really haven't gotten as familiar with the genre as I'm sure many others have. Therefore, I am not comfortable making recommendations. Not very familiar with the subgenres but I think I've somehow gotten into 'psytrance'. Bizarre Contact is one of my favorite artists and I quite like Electro Sun as well. I also like some Super8 & Tab, Above & Beyond, Yuri Kane, Filo & Peri from the more mainstream (I guess) stuff.

I have had numerous opportunities to review fakes in the past but I will not include any of them in the thread as that would only act to legitimize the establishment. I'd be happy to listen to it and give my thoughts but only genuine products are making it onto the front page of this thread.

+1 to Above and Beyond, very good stuff. Also, dynamite thread ljokerl. Can't wait to hear your opinion on the newest sunrise iem's.

May 4, 2011 at 12:08 PM Post #2,816 of 16,931
ljokerl, great thread you made.. Still waiting your VSonic GR07 add-in here... I've put an eye on them but still find little info and direct comparisons. Hope it come soon.. 

May 4, 2011 at 12:45 PM Post #2,817 of 16,931
Joker, can you compare ep5 to gr07? I'm looking for something similar to my ck10 with less sibilance, more forward mid and may be a little more warm in mid, too. I've think about ck100 but it's more expensive.

May 4, 2011 at 11:32 PM Post #2,818 of 16,931
I used this video to further the Meelec SP51's ability. Although when listening and watching this, I recommend turning down the volume. The Sensitivity of the earphones that you have may be exceeded, so it's best to keep the volume to a minimum. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zLHVQNV2Cas

That is all. 

May 4, 2011 at 11:59 PM Post #2,819 of 16,931
joker, would you be able to recommend a sound-isolating IEM that doesn't require significantly deep penetration, i.e. something that balances comfort with isolation for less than $150US? i've looked through your guide but it's hard to judge from your ratings exactly what noise isolation encompasses to you. i was looking for something that good block out more dynamic, high-range stuff like dogs barking, kids yelling, etc. 

May 5, 2011 at 12:09 AM Post #2,820 of 16,931

Quote:
joker, would you be able to recommend a sound-isolating IEM that doesn't require significantly deep penetration, i.e. something that balances comfort with isolation for less than $150US? i've looked through your guide but it's hard to judge from your ratings exactly what noise isolation encompasses to you. i was looking for something that good block out more dynamic, high-range stuff like dogs barking, kids yelling, etc. 

He notes in his post that a 5/5 is about the level of isolation of an ER4P and a 1.5/5 is the level of the Yuins (an earbud). For typical street usage I find that anything above around 3/5 is enough attenuation. The trouble is, oftentimes sound isolation is linked with insertion depth, but the difference between a 3 and a 5 in isolation is really not that much, IMO. Any kind of IEM is going to be enough for typical usage when you have music playing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back