Multi-IEM Review - 352 IEMs compared (Pump Audio Earphones added 04/03/16 p. 1106)
Dec 9, 2010 at 6:40 AM Post #1,471 of 16,931
True..!! But i guess its worth it... Its a pity we dont have all those goodies available here...

Quote:
Quote:
Thats true!! But i guess this is a disease in itself... At tha back of my mind I am also thinking what next!?? What would it be that would take me to the next level of enjoying great sound!! And would definitely require help from the experienced fellow members out here!!

If you find a cure, let me know
wink.gif
. There always seems to be a "next level" or "a different experience" available.

Dec 9, 2010 at 10:23 AM Post #1,472 of 16,931
I bought the Brainwavz m1 based off the review here and other impressions, and was surprised at how poor the sound quality sounds to me. Everything sounds extremely veiled. I think my expectations were too high. For some reason I wanted them to be as good as the RE-ZEROs were :D but of course $40 compared to $100. Oh well they seem to be built very well so I might hold on to them.

Dec 9, 2010 at 11:47 AM Post #1,473 of 16,931
When you are used to iem's like DBA-02 and RE-ZERO, the Brainwavz M1 is indeed a step down. After weeks using the RE0, I find the M1 perhaps too warm and it lacks details compared to the RE0. But I think you were expecting too much. SQ 7.5 against 9 and higher for RE-ZERO and DBA-02 speaks for itself.

Dec 9, 2010 at 1:05 PM Post #1,474 of 16,931

Quote:
I bought the Brainwavz m1 based off the review here and other impressions, and was surprised at how poor the sound quality sounds to me. Everything sounds extremely veiled. I think my expectations were too high. For some reason I wanted them to be as good as the RE-ZEROs were :D but of course $40 compared to $100. Oh well they seem to be built very well so I might hold on to them.

I agree my expectations were to high as well there now sold. A'shame.

Dec 9, 2010 at 1:10 PM Post #1,475 of 16,931
I have one on the way from mp4nation in around a month or so from a coupon last weekend. I might end up keeping them as a backup to the M2.

It does depend on what you are coming from however. If I came from customs and then to the RE262 I would think it wouldn't be good but if I came from my M2 it would be a good earphone.

Dec 9, 2010 at 3:25 PM Post #1,477 of 16,931

Quote:
When you are used to iem's like DBA-02 and RE-ZERO, the Brainwavz M1 is indeed a step down. After weeks using the RE0, I find the M1 perhaps too warm and it lacks details compared to the RE0. But I think you were expecting too much. SQ 7.5 against 9 and higher for RE-ZERO and DBA-02 speaks for itself.

Those were almost exactly my impressions. Too warm, veiled and lacking detail. I also thought the bass was a bit boomy. Im surprised how many people actually like them.

Dec 9, 2010 at 4:12 PM Post #1,478 of 16,931
I do like the Brainwavz M1's, I am just saying that after listening to my RE0 a lot, they are quite different. They are good IEM's and I can really enjoy listening to them but only after knowing what they are about. They were my first good headphones together with AKG 81's. And I was using them a lot, I never thought the bass is too much, certainly not compared to the AKG's. At first I really disliked the AKG's but now I can enjoy them with certain music, also because I know what to expect.
I found the RE0's to be missing a little in the bass region but when I put on The Police I know they do a great job and I love the kind of punch they put out, it feels almost perfect.

Dec 9, 2010 at 4:33 PM Post #1,479 of 16,931
Having  serious issues with the MEE M9P. It is shocking! Literally, it retains static electricity and it has fried one driver and occasionally the microphone will not work. I can actually hear the static too. Is this a typical issue or am I just juicy?

Dec 9, 2010 at 7:46 PM Post #1,482 of 16,931

Quote:
@spacemanspliff 
I can't recall reading more issues like this. Did you already contact Meelec?

No. It is just weird. The cable seems to retain static electricity to a scary degree.

Dec 9, 2010 at 7:58 PM Post #1,483 of 16,931
Quote:
could you recommand some earphones with a lot of bass and good clarity?

i have a protapro and monster jamz,  protapro sounds great but too muddy,  jamz have good clarity and detail but i could use some  more bass

price under 100-120 cheaper the better

Should have gotten the Lil' Jamz
redface.gif
. But if we're being serious I'd recommend the FA Eterna. Nice and cheap at <$70 and has all the bass you could expect from an in-ear that doesn't feel like taking a wrecking ball to the head (if the wrecking ball sounds appealing check out the Sony XB40EX).

Quote:
Hi there,

Just joined and wanted to post for the sole purpose of thanking you.  Spent a lot of time reading your reviews and through a lot of research, I've decided to go with the CK10s (my old Sennheisers died today).  I never would have even heard of them, to be honest, until I read your post today, so thank you.  Got a great deal for them on a site called Accessory Jack as well!

Thanks, hope you like them!

Quote:
Having  serious issues with the MEE M9P. It is shocking! Literally, it retains static electricity and it has fried one driver and occasionally the microphone will not work. I can actually hear the static too. Is this a typical issue or am I just juicy?

Sounds like they aren't grounded properly. I had similar issues with one of my Jlabs J3s - just get them exchanged for a new one. 

Quote:
What do the DBA-02s do better (and worse) than the HD25-1 IIs?

Aside from not being headphones, the DBA-02 does everything better than the HD25 except for sheer impact - the HD25 does have pretty impactful bass while the DBA-02 is tight and clean but not very hard-hitting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back