Multi-IEM Review - 352 IEMs compared (Pump Audio Earphones added 04/03/16 p. 1106)
Dec 11, 2010 at 9:14 PM Post #1,502 of 16,931
Quote:
tbh joker, you might want to give the MeElectronic M6's a 10/10 value rating considering they're at $20 street price now!

Yeah, need to update the price/value on that among others - thanks.

Dec 12, 2010 at 12:16 AM Post #1,504 of 16,931

Quote:
Quote:
tbh joker, you might want to give the MeElectronic M6's a 10/10 value rating considering they're at $20 street price now!

Yeah, need to update the price/value on that among others - thanks.

While you're at it, perhaps it's time you got around to reviewing that now disregarded budget favorite - the dealextreme orange IEMs. I mean really, is there any better way to spend $2.85 - and with free shipping to boot. I think this will be a headphone to give the parts-express mini a run for its money.
wink.gif

Dec 12, 2010 at 12:20 AM Post #1,505 of 16,931
Dec 12, 2010 at 12:25 AM Post #1,506 of 16,931

Quote:
Quote:

Makes me want to pick up a pair out of curiosity and possibly to use for working out. I'm sure they would pair great with my Clip+ and make a nice little cheap workout package that if something happened to I would be out about $50 in total for the iems and source

That's what I did.

Dec 12, 2010 at 1:28 AM Post #1,508 of 16,931
Review notes that various Monsters aren't very efficient unamped. But in practical terms can iPhone 4 (no EQ) satisfactory drive MTPG in terms of loudness and SQ? In my experience Phonaks are really weak on iPhone 4 while HJE-900 and especially W2 are very efficient.

Dec 12, 2010 at 1:45 AM Post #1,509 of 16,931
Quote:
While you're at it, perhaps it's time you got around to reviewing that now disregarded budget favorite - the dealextreme orange IEMs. I mean really, is there any better way to spend $2.85 - and with free shipping to boot. I think this will be a headphone to give the parts-express mini a run for its money.
wink.gif

I did review them - they're number 3C7. They're quite awful but still not the worst I've heard.

Quote:
Review notes that various Monsters aren't very efficient unamped. But in practical terms can iPhone 4 (no EQ) satisfactory drive MTPG in terms of loudness and SQ? In my experience Phonaks are really weak on iPhone 4 while HJE-900 and especially W2 are very efficient.

It won't be as bad as the PFE but the HJE900 and W2 are extremely efficient compared to the Turbine line. You should be able to get plenty of volume but I don't know how the SQ will compare to a powerful DAP since I haven't heard an Apple phone aside from the 1st-gen.

Dec 13, 2010 at 1:21 AM Post #1,510 of 16,931
thanks for the reply,  quick questions about jamz

why is jamz sound so wired compare to all other headphones ive ownd? the jamz made me so dispointed in monster's product, i dont ever wanna buy any thing from them again
i wanna kick myself for losing the reciept to the jamz

they have a really wired sound signature that i cant describe it, they have these really really wired Timbre i cant tell if its dark or harsh, but one thing for sure is they dont sound nature at all
jamz with 10hrs of burn in sounds like crap compare to my koss portapro, , my portapro after 15hrs burn in sounds a lot better than before

since its really hard to get FA Eterna, should i pickup cx300 at best for $50 or cx870 for $80?

lots of people recommand to get meelec m9, is it better than cx300?

im looking for bright nature sound , with a lot of bass like portapro and and good/fair clarity, dont really care about soundstage and hi

i also like headphones with the mids stands out, portapro's bass is kinda too forward , it washes out the mids

thanks in advance, please help a noob

Quote:
Quote:
could you recommand some earphones with a lot of bass and good clarity?

i have a protapro and monster jamz,  protapro sounds great but too muddy,  jamz have good clarity and detail but i could use some  more bass

price under 100-120 cheaper the better

Should have gotten the Lil' Jamz
redface.gif
. But if we're being serious I'd recommend the FA Eterna. Nice and cheap at <$70 and has all the bass you could expect from an in-ear that doesn't feel like taking a wrecking ball to the head (if the wrecking ball sounds appealing check out the Sony XB40EX).

Dec 13, 2010 at 4:43 AM Post #1,511 of 16,931
Quote:

why is jamz sound so wired compare to all other headphones ive ownd? the jamz made me so dispointed in monster's product, i dont ever wanna buy any thing from them again
i wanna kick myself for losing the reciept to the jamz

they have a really wired sound signature that i cant describe it, they have these really really wired Timbre i cant tell if its dark or harsh, but one thing for sure is they dont sound nature at all
jamz with 10hrs of burn in sounds like crap compare to my koss portapro, , my portapro after 15hrs burn in sounds a lot better than before

since its really hard to get FA Eterna, should i pickup cx300 at best for $50 or cx870 for $80?

lots of people recommand to get meelec m9, is it better than cx300?

im looking for bright nature sound , with a lot of bass like portapro and and good/fair clarity, dont really care about soundstage and hi

i also like headphones with the mids stands out, portapro's bass is kinda too forward , it washes out the mids

Both of the Jamz models are very colored. The Lil' Jamz are actually surprisingly bright and a little warm. The regular Jamz are less bright but still somewhat warm. Timbre is terrible with both earphones but the Lil' Jamz make for a fun listen with their treble peaks and massive bass. My 1st pair of Jamz only lasted a few hours so I don't have any full impressions until the replacement comes back. 

If the Eterna seems difficult to obtain I take it you have issues with ordering online? The CX300 at $50 is a huge rip-off - see the review on the first page. It doesn't hold a candle to the PortaPros. The Meelec M9 is better except for you wanting more forward mids, which the M9 definitely does not have. If you have to get them in-store the Klipsch S2 would be a better way to go than either the CX300 or M9 but don't expect miracles - they are still pretty overpriced at $50. If you can order online the Brainwavz M2 have the type of sound you are looking for with forward mids  and good clarity. They aren't bright but they aren't very dark, either, and so sound pretty natural compared to other similarly-priced phones.

Dec 13, 2010 at 3:30 PM Post #1,513 of 16,931

Quote:

Both of the Jamz models are very colored. The Lil' Jamz are actually surprisingly bright and a little warm. The regular Jamz are less bright but still somewhat warm. Timbre is terrible with both earphones but the Lil' Jamz make for a fun listen with their treble peaks and massive bass. My 1st pair of Jamz only lasted a few hours so I don't have any full impressions until the replacement comes back. 

If the Eterna seems difficult to obtain I take it you have issues with ordering online? The CX300 at $50 is a huge rip-off - see the review on the first page. It doesn't hold a candle to the PortaPros. The Meelec M9 is better except for you wanting more forward mids, which the M9 definitely does not have. If you have to get them in-store the Klipsch S2 would be a better way to go than either the CX300 or M9 but don't expect miracles - they are still pretty overpriced at $50. If you can order online the Brainwavz M2 have the type of sound you are looking for with forward mids  and good clarity. They aren't bright but they aren't very dark, either, and so sound pretty natural compared to other similarly-priced phones.

i read most your reveiws after i posted last night, i think i mislead you by saying i want something with mid forward, i just dont like it when mid is veiled.

i have no problem ordering online, i just couldnt find fish audio's website.  i dont really like the look of FA eterna and its over the ear style, 

how is Fischer Audio Silver Bullet? website shows its out of stock

i think i dont have many choices, after reading some of the reviews more than twice lol

hippo vb, visang/brainwaz r03 and silver bullet

base on your review most likely i will get the silver bullet for the look and price, i think i will be happy with it

Dec 13, 2010 at 5:10 PM Post #1,514 of 16,931

if I remember correctly, the silver bullets lack proper strain relief (sure does remind me of the guy that said "lack of strain relief shows QUALITY"
Quote:

Quote:

i read most your reveiws after i posted last night, i think i mislead you by saying i want something with mid forward, i just dont like it when mid is veiled.

i have no problem ordering online, i just couldnt find fish audio's website.  i dont really like the look of FA eterna and its over the ear style, 

how is Fischer Audio Silver Bullet? website shows its out of stock

i think i dont have many choices, after reading some of the reviews more than twice lol

hippo vb, visang/brainwaz r03 and silver bullet

base on your review most likely i will get the silver bullet for the look and price, i think i will be happy with it

Users who are viewing this thread

Back