Multi-IEM Review - 352 IEMs compared (Pump Audio Earphones added 04/03/16 p. 1106)
Oct 18, 2010 at 5:02 PM Post #961 of 16,931
Many thanks for the Herculean job you do here, Joker!
Really, big thumbs up!
beerchug.gif

I'm looking forward to your SM3 review!
smile_phones.gif

Cheers

Oct 18, 2010 at 5:03 PM Post #962 of 16,931
Saves money..I think not :p I think this thread makes wallet lighter for the most part than heavier with some exceptions of course. I think for the most part my wallet is safe when reading the first page on this thread.

Oct 18, 2010 at 5:08 PM Post #963 of 16,931

Quote:
Saves money..I think not :p I think this thread makes wallet lighter for the most part than heavier with some exceptions of course. I think for the most part my wallet is safe when reading the first page on this thread.

Well, the forum is like a torrential flood.  Jokers thread is like shoveling dirt into the Mississippi.  At least it's trying.
tongue_smile.gif

Oct 18, 2010 at 6:25 PM Post #964 of 16,931
Quote:
Ah...I see.  My phonak ear guides take the brunt of the weight.  Anyone sending you a 262?

Yep, rawrster is probably this thread's greatest benefactor
wink.gif
. Should be getting it soon.

Quote:
Many thanks for the Herculean job you do here, Joker!
Really, big thumbs up!
beerchug.gif

I'm looking forward to your SM3 review!
smile_phones.gif

Thanks 
beerchug.gif
. SM3 will probably take a little while as I have to re-scale my internal rating system for it 
ph34r.gif

Quote:
Well, the forum is like a torrential flood.  Jokers thread is like shoveling dirt into the Mississippi.  At least it's trying. 
tongue_smile.gif

Yes, if I managed to save someone a couple of bucks on not buying a pile of garbage like the Grado iGi, I'll consider that a resounding success. And of course brining good but lesser-known models to view is always satisfying.

Oct 18, 2010 at 7:46 PM Post #965 of 16,931
That's a good point. This thread does make some lesser known models (esp to those who are not regular head-fi members such as Sound Magic and other small companies) better known. One of my favorite was the PL30 before I gave that away and I would have never known about it if I wasn't a head-fi member. I imagine most just looking for a good budget earphone would know a bit less about the market than I do.

Oct 18, 2010 at 8:55 PM Post #966 of 16,931
This thread is actually both a wallet thinner as well as a wallet saver. Because of joker's reviews, I have too many IEMs, but they all vary in signature. And, I would not own something like a Xears TD-100 if it's not been for the relative SQ rating here. I looked past threads discussing Playaz models many times before that. It's a great resource for someone like me who cannot audition / loan IEMs
etysmile.gif

Oct 19, 2010 at 12:19 AM Post #967 of 16,931
Where can you buy the "UE Single-flange" tips that you mention? I searched around but I couldn't find any UE tips.

Also looking forward to the MC5 review!

Oct 19, 2010 at 5:55 AM Post #970 of 16,931
Quote:
Where can you buy the "UE Single-flange" tips that you mention? I searched around but I couldn't find any UE tips.

Also looking forward to the MC5 review!

UE is just shorthand for Ultimate Ears. When I say 'UE Single-Flange' I mean these 'squared-off' silicone tips, not the rounded clear tips that they are using now:

It seems that Logitech is trying to phase out replacement silicone cushions and instead force people to buy Complys, though. Best place to buy these particular tips would probably be on the sale forum here. 

Quote:
Haha now that does sound interesting! Does this mean you are liking what you are hearing?
biggrin.gif

PS: I'll PM you about you reviewing my RE-262s.

Yes, yes it does. Thanks for the PM 
beerchug.gif

Quote:
Joker is one lucky guy. Getting to review and test all those amazing IEMs. Thanks for sharing your thoughts to the community.

You say lucky, I say stark raving mad
ph34r.gif
. Glad the thread was useful though.

Oct 19, 2010 at 6:30 AM Post #971 of 16,931
Hi...
I'm looking to find an IEM to pair up with my blackberry, right now I'm using the sony ex-300...

I am almost about to jump the gun with the Head-direct RE-0 but looking at the 64ohm made me think again, so i think posting a question here is the wisest thing to do...

Joker mention that "the high impedance is deceiving" but I'm still not sure if this applies when pairing them up with blackberry...
It also made me think should I  just save up and go for the RE-ZERO which only use 16ohm, but with the price tag $110 in ebay... Not too great...

Anyone has experience pairing re-0/zero with blackberry?
or does anyone has experience pairing an IEM with blackberry... My budget is around $90...

Cheers everybody...

Oct 19, 2010 at 11:01 AM Post #972 of 16,931
The Thinksound TS02 will be one to consider especially since it has a mic. It's a nice all-rounder that doesn't have a big glaring weakness imo.

Oct 19, 2010 at 11:03 AM Post #973 of 16,931
Loaners are not always a good thing. The more expensive ones tempt you into buying them if you like it enough :p I almost bought some of the earphones that have been loaned out to me.,

I've tried out my TS02+mic with a blackberry and it works well..it was only for testing purposes however as I like the sound of my J3 much better.

Oct 19, 2010 at 11:26 AM Post #974 of 16,931
Ok, thanks joker. I knew what UE meant, but I couldn't find anywhere to buy them. I'll have a look at the sales forum.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back