Multi-IEM Review - 352 IEMs compared (Pump Audio Earphones added 04/03/16 p. 1106)
Dec 4, 2017 at 6:06 AM Post #16,891 of 16,931
Hi, I was looking at your Headphonelist website.
Are the scores in the Multi-IEM comparison list still accurate, or are they outdated as some reviews are from 2012/2013?
While looking for <$100 IEM the JVC HA-FXT90 seems to be decent, and is listed as $78.
However when I check Ebay, it looks to be available for just $25? Are these fakes? Are these considered now that great anymore compared to 2017 products in the same price range? Is this a crazy deal?
https://www.ebay.com/itm/JVC-HA-FXT...hash=item3add6c402a:m:m5loWYrf9gyehH_SVuPEuHg

Dec 4, 2017 at 3:25 PM Post #16,892 of 16,931
Hi, I was looking at your Headphonelist website.
Are the scores in the Multi-IEM comparison list still accurate, or are they outdated as some reviews are from 2012/2013?
While looking for <$100 IEM the JVC HA-FXT90 seems to be decent, and is listed as $78.
However when I check Ebay, it looks to be available for just $25? Are these fakes? Are these considered now that great anymore compared to 2017 products in the same price range? Is this a crazy deal?
https://www.ebay.com/itm/JVC-HA-FXT...hash=item3add6c402a:m:m5loWYrf9gyehH_SVuPEuHg

Joker has a great review list, but I don't believe he's still maintaining it.

I can't speak to the JVC HA-FXT90, however.

Mar 6, 2018 at 12:34 PM Post #16,893 of 16,931
Hello everyone, I'm willing to buy an in-ear spending € 100, maximum 150€. Could anyone recommend something that is perhaps available on Amazon? (Italy) At the moment I own the Sennheiser HD 598 that I love. I would need something more portable and above all give me a good isolation from external noise!
I hope someone can help me, I thank you in advance.

Mar 6, 2018 at 1:16 PM Post #16,895 of 16,931
Hello everyone, I'm willing to buy an in-ear spending € 100, maximum 150€. Could anyone recommend something that is perhaps available on Amazon? (Italy) At the moment I own the Sennheiser HD 598 that I love. I would need something more portable and above all give me a good isolation from external noise!

Best IEM I've heard in your price range is the iBasso IT01. A marvel of soundstage, detail, and clarity. With good, deep, satisfying bass.

Mar 6, 2018 at 1:31 PM Post #16,896 of 16,931

Best IEM I've heard in your price range is the iBasso IT01. A marvel of soundstage, detail, and clarity. With good, deep, satisfying bass.

+1

iBasso It01 is a banging choice.

Mar 7, 2018 at 3:02 PM Post #16,897 of 16,931
How about Etymotic? Did you check joker's 2016 buyer's guide?

Mar 11, 2019 at 3:06 PM Post #16,900 of 16,931

I just picked up a pair of RHA MA750 Wireless for USD $117, which is roughly 104 Euros. They were tinny and shallow sounding with the default and spin tips, but once I put in the Comply tips - golden!! Not as bright as my Dunu DN-2000J with Comply tips, but pretty close. I would say that the mids and highs a little laid back and the bass is present but not bass-heady.

12 hour battery life is nice to have a well on the MA750's.
https://www.amazon.com/RHA-MA750-Wireless-Earphones-Ear/dp/B074QKN9YL

Mar 18, 2019 at 7:46 AM Post #16,901 of 16,931
Joker still runs the site, and is active with the Facebook page and still takes review requests from manufacturers and passes them on to us authors. But he isn't reviewing much right now, and that's a large reason why me and Ryan were brought on.

Last edited:
Apr 25, 2019 at 2:22 AM Post #16,902 of 16,931
Finally caved to my long standing curiosity and purchased the UE 500 (also because I wanted to stop abusing my IM-70 in the gym lol)

What can I say? Well to me they are infuriatingly flat. Very speaker like with an interestingly wide soundstage. Everything seems to have room to do it's thing, to a point. Highs feel meh, nearly simulated. Same with bass. It's there, semi on point and punchy-esq? It's almost like they don't actually play in their frequency range, as though everything is mid squashed, or so wide and far apart on stage that everything sorta dulls to me. Just no energy.

Apr 25, 2019 at 3:41 AM Post #16,903 of 16,931
Finally caved to my long standing curiosity and purchased the UE 500 (also because I wanted to stop abusing my IM-70 in the gym lol)

What can I say? Well to me they are infuriatingly flat. Very speaker like with an interestingly wide soundstage. Everything seems to have room to do it's thing, to a point. Highs feel meh, nearly simulated. Same with bass. It's there, semi on point and punchy-esq? It's almost like they don't actually play in their frequency range, as though everything is mid squashed, or so wide and far apart on stage that everything sorta dulls to me. Just no energy.
You were expecting plenty out of a 7 years old IEM. Going for something like the TRN V30 or TFZ T2 would have made more sense.

Apr 25, 2019 at 3:46 AM Post #16,904 of 16,931

You were expecting plenty out of a 7 years old IEM. Going for something like the TRN V30 or TFZ T2 would have made more sense.

Apr 26, 2019 at 7:18 AM Post #16,905 of 16,931

Sounds like everything will become perfect if you turn the volume up a few or a few dozen notches. :D

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back