Multi-IEM Review - 352 IEMs compared (Pump Audio Earphones added 04/03/16 p. 1106)
Jun 15, 2016 at 12:27 PM Post #16,651 of 16,931
Wrong post thread. I will move my post, sorry

Jun 16, 2016 at 2:23 AM Post #16,652 of 16,931
Thank you very much once again ljokerl.... But just to finish... Would you say that between the ma750, momemtum and eph 100, the sennheisers are the weaker in terms of sound quality and overall?
I am mostlu tempted on the rhad and the yamas and i am about yo order both.... Just waiting gor the yamas to be available again....

Meanwhile i goy a pair of mh1c om ebay... They should arrive tomorrow.... Hoe do these compare to the other 3 i mentiomed? Cheers...

Ultimately it depends on the exact sound signature one is after - for some listeners the Momentum In-Ear can surpass the other two. For me it does not - I think the relative scores say as much: http://theheadphonelist.com/headphone-list/

Jun 20, 2016 at 3:09 AM Post #16,653 of 16,931
Hi Joker, do you have any plans to add some of the better regarded Chinese IEMs and earbuds to the list?

Stuff like the VE Monks, Rock Zircon, VJJB K4S etc. I'd love to see how these compare with the mainstream brands.

Jun 20, 2016 at 4:27 AM Post #16,654 of 16,931
Posted impressions of the Bragi Dash "true wireless" IEMs at http://theheadphonelist.com/bragi-dash-impressions-the-first-true-wireless-iem-offers-glimpses-of-the-future/ 

Hi Joker, do you have any plans to add some of the better regarded Chinese IEMs and earbuds to the list?

Stuff like the VE Monks, Rock Zircon, VJJB K4S etc. I'd love to see how these compare with the mainstream brands.

IEMs are always interesting but I don't always get my hands on stuff from the smaller/newer companies. I have a set of VE IEMs but nothing from the other two. The IEMs are okay, not sure if worth a full review. 

Earbuds don't like my ears (or vice versa) so I won't be adding any of those. They'd be handicapped in the list by their (lack of) isolation, too.

Jun 20, 2016 at 5:49 AM Post #16,655 of 16,931
Understood, hopefully one of the manufacturers/distributors will see this and send you a pair to review.

I'm the same as you with the Earbuds, I find them uncomfortable after a while, I think I have small ears. However, I did feel the Monks had something about them when I got them seated right. 

Jun 20, 2016 at 6:09 AM Post #16,656 of 16,931
Hey joker!

After some recommendations from you, I managed to find a pair of used Aurisonics Rockets and bought them.

After coming from the RE400's, they are excellent, with a touch more bass and a bit more soundstage. An even more natural sound, overall. 

Thank you! :D

I hope this isn't that oftfopic, but I am now planning to buy a pair of new headphones for home use. After owning Sennheiser 598's, which I liked but didn't love, the HD600's are the most probable one's to buy.

My question: do you think the 600's are of similar sound signature to the Rocket's? 

Thanks!

Jun 21, 2016 at 3:53 AM Post #16,657 of 16,931
  Understood, hopefully one of the manufacturers/distributors will see this and send you a pair to review.

I'm the same as you with the Earbuds, I find them uncomfortable after a while, I think I have small ears. However, I did feel the Monks had something about them when I got them seated right. 

Perhaps someday. Unfortunately I can't review everything that comes across my desk so it's probably tough for some companies to justify sending me something on the off chance I might cover it. 

Hey joker!

After some recommendations from you, I managed to find a pair of used Aurisonics Rockets and bought them.

After coming from the RE400's, they are excellent, with a touch more bass and a bit more soundstage. An even more natural sound, overall. 

Thank you! :D

I hope this isn't that oftfopic, but I am now planning to buy a pair of new headphones for home use. After owning Sennheiser 598's, which I liked but didn't love, the HD600's are the most probable one's to buy.

My question: do you think the 600's are of similar sound signature to the Rocket's? 

Thanks!

Awesome, glad you're enjoying the Rockets!

I personally really like the HD600, much more so than any of the HD59x models. They are similar to the Rockets in the sense of being quite balanced with no part of the frequency spectrum boosted and very smooth sound, but it's still IEM vs headphone and the signature match is not exact. I think you'll like them, though. 

Jun 21, 2016 at 3:15 PM Post #16,658 of 16,931
  Posted impressions of the Bragi Dash "true wireless" IEMs at http://theheadphonelist.com/bragi-dash-impressions-the-first-true-wireless-iem-offers-glimpses-of-the-future/

Great review, had it for a week or so and agree wholeheartedly. Still, it's probably the best fully wireless choice out there at the moment, due to its use of NFMI for L/R connection, while others like the Earin and VerveOnes (which rely solely on bluetooth) suffer from frequent connection issues and dropouts on the right earpiece.

Jun 21, 2016 at 4:13 PM Post #16,659 of 16,931

Perhaps someday. Unfortunately I can't review everything that comes across my desk so it's probably tough for some companies to justify sending me something on the off chance I might cover it. 

Awesome, glad you're enjoying the Rockets!

I personally really like the HD600, much more so than any of the HD59x models. They are similar to the Rockets in the sense of being quite balanced with no part of the frequency spectrum boosted and very smooth sound, but it's still IEM vs headphone and the signature match is not exact. I think you'll like them, though. 

Then I might actually go for them. Seems like a nice "complement" to the Rockets :p

Thanks again!

Jun 21, 2016 at 10:24 PM Post #16,660 of 16,931
Speaking of the aurisonics, Joker, you had actually recommended the rockets as a successor to the RE400 and or RE262 but I was too broke at the time to bite the... well, rockets.

I was just wondering what you might recommend nowadays as an upgrade now that the aurisonics have been discontinued. At this point, I don't really care if its an IEM or headphones but I'm just a fan of anything that is balanced with a midrange focus. I loved the musicality and silky smooth midrange of the RE262s, and the RE400 I tried were very impressive as well. The only thing stopping me from purchasing the RE400s are the numerous complaints about their build quality and I personally experienced my RE262s falling apart. Any suggestions?

Jun 23, 2016 at 4:38 PM Post #16,661 of 16,931
Any suggestion for an IEM with really good mids and < $50?

I was seeking some that have a more mild V (have the soundmagic E10 and steelseries flux).  They have enough bass/highs for me, but are still a bit lacking in the mids for my preference.

Jun 23, 2016 at 4:50 PM Post #16,662 of 16,931
Looking forward to reviews of Etymotic ER4sr and ER4xr
etysmile.gif

Cheers... Brian

Jun 23, 2016 at 4:53 PM Post #16,663 of 16,931

I was seeking some that have a more mild V (have the soundmagic E10 and steelseries flux).  They have enough bass/highs for me, but are still a bit lacking in the mids for my preference.

Soundmagic E50, or if you can go a bit higher than $50, then Fidue A65, Ostry KC06A, 

Jun 24, 2016 at 1:46 AM Post #16,664 of 16,931

Audio Technica ATH-IM50 has very good organic mids. However it may sound a bit upfront after E10 and Flux. I had the Flux once a while and I've always found the mids recessed and undetailed on them.

Jun 24, 2016 at 11:52 PM Post #16,665 of 16,931
hi,
what would be the good all-rounder with nice soft cable (or with ability to get one later) without microphonics for like 500$ or less?
is there something that can compete with desktop 200$ full-size cans? like dt770 (despite all that hate toward beyerdynamic... i love that cans and own 3 versions of them!)? maybe with higher price tag?

i have shure 215ltd and using them when isolation is necessary. otherwise i am sticking to fiio ex1/dunu titan1. after getting fiio ex1 - it feels like shure 215ltd sound is really bad.

feels like shure 215ltd sound not as good as iem sound can be (lets compare to fiio ex1, but they're semi-open), cable sucks - fiio cable sucks and stock cable sucks. amount of isolation they have is enough but... microphonics killing me :frowning2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back