Multi-IEM Review - 352 IEMs compared (Pump Audio Earphones added 04/03/16 p. 1106)
Aug 25, 2015 at 6:11 PM Post #16,172 of 16,931
  Yeah i'd be great if i could get the ue 700's. I'll pay for shipping too

Hold on, is James giving away free iems?  Gimme a sec.

Guys I'm in the market for a new IEM, but for me there aren't really any good balanced armature earphones. I came from a Jlab J6 and I can't seem to find any similar ones, because the dealbreaker for me is that I they're not shiny enough, and half of all earphones in the world aren't matte. I don't know why I don't really like dynamic.

It's too bad all of the Final Audios from that generation seem to be gone - all of the FI-BA-SSes (we don't have to bother with the other junk).

Aug 25, 2015 at 11:01 PM Post #16,174 of 16,931
I'm limited to using IEMs because of something medical,
Are there any 4 pin IEM? what's a great pair of IEM in the $100, $200, $300, $500 range?
Are the klipsch X11 good?

I use Schiit Audio

Can you use CIEMs or are you limited to universal?

Aug 25, 2015 at 11:24 PM Post #16,175 of 16,931

Ermm, according to your headphone inventory, you already have a pair! Along with about 100 other IEMs...
rolleyes.gif

I was blown by my emotions
redface.gif
, i had an UE700, it broke. I think @Sesameopen should have it. I pull out!!
etysmile.gif

Aug 26, 2015 at 2:25 AM Post #16,178 of 16,931
I'm limited to using IEMs because of something medical,
Are there any 4 pin IEM? what's a great pair of IEM in the $100, $200, $300, $500 range?
Are the klipsch X11 good?

I use Schiit Audio

4 pin meaning balanced, but with a 3.5mm connector? The only ones I have like that are some HiFiMan sets.

Connectors aside, there's a ton of good IEMs in every price range. Ultimately it depends on what you're looking for in terms of sound tuning, design, and features. Sometimes a particular set of requirements will have many IEMs that could be a good fit. Other times I'll struggle to think of even one (like this question from yesterday).

I have some of my favorites in terms of value for money listed here: http://theheadphonelist.com/earphone-buyers-guide/ 

Aug 26, 2015 at 7:30 AM Post #16,179 of 16,931
Thank you,
Well I mainly listen to rock and indie rock and like "space or area" to my music as well as detail
4 pin meaning balanced, but with a 3.5mm connector? The only ones I have like that are some HiFiMan sets.

Connectors aside, there's a ton of good IEMs in every price range. Ultimately it depends on what you're looking for in terms of sound tuning, design, and features. Sometimes a particular set of requirements will have many IEMs that could be a good fit. Other times I'll struggle to think of even one (like this question from yesterday).

I have some of my favorites in terms of value for money listed here: http://theheadphonelist.com/earphone-buyers-guide/ 

Aug 26, 2015 at 11:16 AM Post #16,180 of 16,931
Sure I could get ciems, but, would a universal be just as good?
Thanks

If you need isolation, you'll have to stick to universals, but the deals on customs are pretty nice. You'll have to get them reshelled, which will take some time and money, but you should take a look at the head-fi classifieds.
E.G. 1964 Ears V6 @ $300: http://www.head-fi.org/t/778853/1964-ears-v6-priced-for-a-quick-sale

Aug 26, 2015 at 4:55 PM Post #16,181 of 16,931
Joker, how do you feel the DUNU Titan 1 stands compared to the DN 2000 in terms of overall sound quality and soundstage? I ask this because to my knowledge they both deliver a very similar sound signature, and some believe the Titan 1 to surpass the DN 2000 in certain aspects.

Aug 27, 2015 at 4:05 AM Post #16,183 of 16,931
Joker, how do you feel the DUNU Titan 1 stands compared to the DN 2000 in terms of overall sound quality and soundstage? I ask this because to my knowledge they both deliver a very similar sound signature, and some believe the Titan 1 to surpass the DN 2000 in certain aspects.

I don't feel these IEMs have the same sound signature based on my listening so far and I can't say one is better than the other in all cases. The DN-2000 has a v/u-shaped sound signature with bass emphasis that increases towards the sub-bass region (it definitely has more sub bass than the Titan 1, and I feel like it usually has more bass overall) and more recessed mids. The Titan 1 is maybe a tiny bit v-shaped but I struggle to think of it as mid-recessed because there's so much presence in the upper midrange. It's pretty bright because there's a lot of energy in the upper mid and treble region, but not particularly harsh. Kind of reminds me of the Ostry KC06 in that way. 

If you're looking for a more v-shaped sound, the DN-2000 is definitely better. If you're looking for more balance, and maybe are worried about the pricier model's bass being too heavy or mids being too recessed (and also don't care about noise isolation), the Titan 1 may well be better than the pricier model. As for soundstage, I think they're both well above average. The DN-2000 benefits from its u-shaped tuning while the Titan 1 seems to just naturally have an airy and pretty open soundstage. I haven't reviewed the Titan 1 in full yet but if you put a gun to my head right now and made me pick one purely for soundstaging I'd probably pick the Titan. 

I would also like to know what your thoughts are on the RE 600 in terms of SQ and value, since the introduction of newer iem's in its price range.

I've never really recommended the RE-600 over the less expensive RE-400 in the first place so just on that basis I don't think it's value is that high. There are IEMs near $200 that I prefer to the RE-600, such as the TDK BA200.

Aug 28, 2015 at 3:47 AM Post #16,185 of 16,931
Thanks! Do you find the Titan to deliver on sound quality rivaling the DN 2000 as well? An estimation on your x/10 scale would help. (Even if its subjective)

The Titan 1 is competitive with the DN-2000 keeping in mind the tuning differences.

I know I wouldn't rank the Titan below the Philips Fidelio S1, which puts it at an 8.9/10 or higher. There's a lot of other stuff on this (high) performance tier that I'm playing around with right now - the Audio-Technica IM02, Aurisonics Rockets, potentially the RHA T20 and LIFE in-ear, and some others. Need more time and A:Bs to get all of them straight in my head.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back