Multi-IEM Review - 352 IEMs compared (Pump Audio Earphones added 04/03/16 p. 1106)
Mar 18, 2015 at 3:52 AM Post #15,692 of 16,931
Thanks again, and I hope to see the full review soon! (It must be quite longer than average) Do you think the FLC provides the most value, because of its flexibility (in terms of features)? It seems like a great value.(Besides the fact I can't seem to find where one would purchase a replacement cable.)

To be honest I hadn't checked what it costs until now, but it looks like under $350, which is very reasonable. It's good out of the box but especially great for someone who likes tinkering. 

It could well have been my particular pair. I read some time back in one of the GR07 thread that someone has 4 sets of classic edition and each sounds slightly different from one another, with one of the differences being smoothness in the highs.

May explain why mine still has about as much in the way of sibilance as my GR07 BE.

Mar 18, 2015 at 7:05 PM Post #15,695 of 16,931
I'm wondering how do the UE600vi stack up against VSD3S? I am kinda hesitant to go over the ear type of wearing so I am looking for alternatives but if the VSD3S really is the best for that price, I will go with it. Also, should I be expecting a HUGE difference from my current Cx300ii and the VSD3S? Thanks

Mar 18, 2015 at 9:51 PM Post #15,696 of 16,931
I'm wondering how do the UE600vi stack up against VSD3S? I am kinda hesitant to go over the ear type of wearing so I am looking for alternatives but if the VSD3S really is the best for that price, I will go with it. Also, should I be expecting a HUGE difference from my current Cx300ii and the VSD3S? Thanks

Yes,
Vsd3s can be a huge step up from CX300II. Dont go for UE600 if you want bass similar to your CX, 600 is good if you want much balance. Mid forward sound with less sparky but still exciting highs. Vsonics can be sibilant.

Mar 19, 2015 at 1:54 AM Post #15,697 of 16,931
  My GR06 just died on me(well,half died so far),anything to recommend that would sound similar under 100$(Canadian)? Mostly listening to rock

If you liked the GR06 in general and don't mind something with a little less midrange emphasis, the VSonic VSD3S would be a good buy. Or the GR07 Classic. Lots of other options out there as well if you'd like to try something more radically different in terms of sound sig. 

Does anyone know how to make the wires stay in the ear guides better?

If you mean generic over-the-ear cable guides, I've done this by wrapping thin strips of tape around the ends of the guide (where the cable has the most tendency to slip out).

Mar 19, 2015 at 6:23 PM Post #15,700 of 16,931

If you liked the GR06 in general and don't mind something with a little less midrange emphasis, the VSonic VSD3S would be a good buy. Or the GR07 Classic. Lots of other options out there as well if you'd like to try something more radically different in terms of sound sig. 

Loved the sound of the GR06,that's why I wanted something similar! Wish I could fit the GR07 in my budget

Mar 20, 2015 at 5:01 AM Post #15,701 of 16,931
  Loved the sound of the GR06,that's why I wanted something similar! Wish I could fit the GR07 in my budget

Darn, I keep thinking CAD is still 1:1 with USD. Forgot about that. 

VSD3S is still plenty good value at $45 or so. 

Mar 20, 2015 at 5:57 PM Post #15,702 of 16,931
1. Canadian to US is actually closer to 1.2 - 1, USD worth more but yeah theyre pretty close.

2. Would a Fiio E6 make a difference with CX300ii, VSD3S, or Senn 449? Would it be just loudness, or actually sound quality? I am wondering if it will make any of them sound better, and if it is worth it.

3. I have a BMW 335i with the audio package, and I use AUX to AUX on it, would Aux - E6 - Phone configuration make the car's audio system sound any better? Perhaps it already has amp dac stuff inside? I dont know.

4. If I want to heat shrink on the VSD3S for strain relief, is a lighter safe for the cables if I keep the flame moving? How long would it take for the tube to shrink?

Thanks all!

Mar 20, 2015 at 6:57 PM Post #15,703 of 16,931
1. Canadian to US is actually closer to 1.2 - 1, USD worth more but yeah theyre pretty close.

2. Would a Fiio E6 make a difference with CX300ii, VSD3S, or Senn 449? Would it be just loudness, or actually sound quality? I am wondering if it will make any of them sound better, and if it is worth it.

3. I have a BMW 335i with the audio package, and I use AUX to AUX on it, would Aux - E6 - Phone configuration make the car's audio system sound any better? Perhaps it already has amp dac stuff inside? I dont know.

4. If I want to heat shrink on the VSD3S for strain relief, is a lighter safe for the cables if I keep the flame moving? How long would it take for the tube to shrink?

Thanks all!

2. Not with an iPhone
3. No, You're adding another amplifier between the two you already have in the signal path (car and phone), 
4. Use a hair dryer or heat gun (or sugru or something).

Mar 20, 2015 at 10:55 PM Post #15,705 of 16,931

Thanks all!

2) VSD3S does'nt need an amp and are are very good driving raw. I have 429 and heard 449 (loan from my friend) 429 sounded great than 449 using my E11 & E12 but OK with E06 for its price and size, not bad.

3) no. AUX IN does'nt have the DAC functionality in cars/SUV....it an one of the external INPUT (AUXILLIARY) to the car stereo's AMP section. so if you connect an AMP between your source and car's AUX IN there's a 2 stage amplification (3 stages if used HO,and 2 stages if LOD used) which might result in distortion and more coloration and cld damage the speakers if they are very sensitive. So its not needed. but yes you can connect an AMP.

If you have an idevice you can buy a LOD cable and connect directly to AUX IN,best way,no AMP needed......

4) Yes a lighter can be used or a candle for that matter.you have to experiment for timing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back