Multi-IEM Review - 352 IEMs compared (Pump Audio Earphones added 04/03/16 p. 1106)
Mar 20, 2015 at 11:26 PM Post #15,706 of 16,931
2) VSD3S does'nt need an amp and are are very good driving raw. I have 429 and heard 449 (loan from my friend) 429 sounded great than 449 using my E11 & E12 but OK with E06 for its price and size, not bad.

3) no. AUX IN does'nt have the DAC functionality in cars/SUV....it an one of the external INPUT (AUXILLIARY) to the car stereo's AMP section. so if you connect an AMP between your source and car's AUX IN there's a 2 stage amplification (3 stages if used HO,and 2 stages if LOD used) which might result in distortion and more coloration and cld damage the speakers if they are very sensitive. So its not needed. but yes you can connect an AMP.

If you have an idevice you can buy a LOD cable and connect directly to AUX IN,best way,no AMP needed......

4) Yes a lighter can be used or a candle for that matter.you have to experiment for timing.

Hmm to be honest, I almost regret my purchase of the 449. Good thing they werent too expensive. I plug it in to my Iphone 6, maybe with amp it will be better?

Mar 21, 2015 at 11:49 AM Post #15,708 of 16,931
Joker and Headfis, 

Thanks for all you work and dedication to this thread!!!   
I am looking for my first pair of CIEMs.  A long time owner and lover of the ER4P/S iems, I seek all the goodnees of the ER4s (detail, clarity, resolution, accuracy and neutrality) but with a more 3D presentation or expanded soundstage.   A bit more kick / bass impact would be cool too.   I'd be willing to swap a wee bit of the analytics for the other attributes. My mobile rig is currently the iBasso  DX90 and the ER4Ps.    I listen to all genres but mostly Prog, Roots, Blue Note Jazz, Classic Rock, Soul, Alt/Indy, Electronica, and Acoustic (bluegrass-celtic, old time).  No mp3s.   The Custom Art Music One/Twos looked interesting as you compared them to the ER4s.   Thoughts??.  What else should be on the evaluation list?   FWIW i use my ETYs in the studio when mixing/mastering/engineering.     Thanks!!

Mar 21, 2015 at 12:06 PM Post #15,709 of 16,931
Joker and Headfis, 

I am looking for my first pair of CIEMs.  A long time owner and lover of the ER4P/S iems, I seek all the goodnees of the ER4s (detail, clarity, resolution, accuracy and neutrality) but with a more 3D presentation or expanded soundstage.   A bit more kick / bass impact would be cool too.   I'd be willing to swap a wee bit of the analytics for the other attributes. My mobile rig is currently the iBasso  DX90 and the ER4Ps.    I listen to all genres but mostly Prog, Roots, Blue Note Jazz, Classic Rock, Soul, Alt/Indy, Electronica, and Acoustic (bluegrass-celtic, old time).  No mp3s.   The Custom Art Music One/Twos looked interesting as you compared them to the ER4s.   Thoughts??.  What else should be on the evaluation list?   FWIW i use my ETYs in the studio when mixing/mastering/engineering.     Thanks!!

I don't have Jocker's experience, but I think you would absolutely love the Alclair RSM Quads! They were developed for engineers, mixers, and musicians who wanted a stage reference. Neutrel, clarity, phenomenal soundstage, it actually rivals my over-ears in imiging and head-stage. Their Reference received excellent reviews by Joker and Average Joe. PM if you would like further information.

Mar 21, 2015 at 1:48 PM Post #15,711 of 16,931
^Rattledaddy, listening to mine, watching March Madness, as I type this post. I am truly amazed everytime I put them in, Jason Molina's "Ghost" is in the room playing.

Mar 21, 2015 at 9:19 PM Post #15,712 of 16,931
Just ordered a fixed cable Red/Blue VSD3S! Thanks for all the suggestions. Current expectations are that it will be SIGNIFICANTLY better than my CX300ii, and I hope so. Based on a lot of reviews, it sure seems like it. Thanks again!

Mar 21, 2015 at 11:25 PM Post #15,713 of 16,931
Just ordered a fixed cable Red/Blue VSD3S! Thanks for all the suggestions. Current expectations are that it will be SIGNIFICANTLY better than my CX300ii, and I hope so. Based on a lot of reviews, it sure seems like it. Thanks again!

It is a big step up from cx300II. Keep no doubt.

Mar 22, 2015 at 4:28 AM Post #15,715 of 16,931
This is definitely the wrong post but I'm looking for a good bluetooth speaker under 150? Any suggestions? Sorry cause its the wrong post. Maybe a link would help too! Thanks.

There is one from philips, namled like br1 or bx1 something. its good. You can go for some bose too, i dont recall the name but it was just not loud enough. Still its sound was acceptable. I clearly am is not a bluetooth guy.

Mar 22, 2015 at 7:54 AM Post #15,716 of 16,931
This is definitely the wrong post but I'm looking for a good bluetooth speaker under 150? Any suggestions? Sorry cause its the wrong post. Maybe a link would help too! Thanks.

I haven't tried them outside of a store, but the Logitech UE Boom speaker is apparently quite good for the price. I think they sit right around that 150 mark. Those might be worth some additional research.

Mar 22, 2015 at 5:52 PM Post #15,717 of 16,931
  Joker and Headfis, 

Depending on your budget I'd also consider the Custom Art Pro 330v2 and 1964EARS V6-Stage. Both are around the same price as the RSM and perform a little better than the cheaper Alclair Reference. The V6 Stage is a little more v-shaped while the Pro 330 is a little lighter on the top end. With the Music One I feel like you will miss some of the resolution of the ER4S even though you'll get some more bass in the tradeoff (I compared these to the pro 330 v2 here). Haven't tried the music two.

Can't recommend a good one as Ive only tried a few, but I can say don't buy the Nokia Play 360. It has great reviews but I've tried $40 PC speakers that sound better. The little Jambox and Sony SRSX3 both sound better to me, but I doubt they're the best under $150.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back