Multi-IEM Review - 352 IEMs compared (Pump Audio Earphones added 04/03/16 p. 1106)
Mar 17, 2015 at 1:27 PM Post #15,677 of 16,931
Thanks again, as always, for the reply joker! I think, I'm leaning more towards the FLC, as the customization options seems very appealing, especially if I don't find the treble sparkly enough. Which leads me to my next question, what is your favorite configuration with the FLC, and how does it compare to other earphones? (Fidue A83, T-Peos Altone 200, Vsonic GR07) And does the removable cable on the FLC use standard MMCX connectors as well, and does it fit flush within your ear? I apologize for the many questions, it's just that there's very little information on the FLC 8, and you know more about it than anyone I'm aware of.

Mar 17, 2015 at 1:55 PM Post #15,679 of 16,931
Really? I think sibilance is the worst thing in an IEM and distracting from enjoying any kind of sound. I just can not stand it and saying don't be afraid is not any good for people who is sensitive to that.

Agree. Said that because I got mine Classic before some week ago , and I'm really sensitive about sibilance, too. It's a great thing if somebody can describe how some iem sounds, but you'll never know what is real difference between sibilance and sibilance if you'll don't try.

Mar 17, 2015 at 8:00 PM Post #15,680 of 16,931
  Hello IjokerI,
a quick question. Do you think that she3590 is more prone to sibilance than gr07 or gr07 bass edition? Which one has more treble quantity?

Thanks

No, the 3590 is less sibilance-prone. The 3590 is somewhat v-shaped but I've never found its treble to be very strong.

Thanks again, as always, for the reply joker! I think, I'm leaning more towards the FLC, as the customization options seems very appealing, especially if I don't find the treble sparkly enough. Which leads me to my next question, what is your favorite configuration with the FLC, and how does it compare to other earphones? (Fidue A83, T-Peos Altone 200, Vsonic GR07) And does the removable cable on the FLC use standard MMCX connectors as well, and does it fit flush within your ear? I apologize for the many questions, it's just that there's very little information on the FLC 8, and you know more about it than anyone I'm aware of.

I haven't tried all the combinations but the "neutral" is nice and the "vocal" is quite fun (reminds me of the old Audio-Technica CK100 somewhat). It can be fairly bright or v-shaped, too, the latter I think on the rap (?) setting. 

I haven't written up full comparisons yet but those are coming with the review. The FLC8 seems to be on-par with the high-end top-tiers like the DN-2000 and AudioFly AF180 and StageDiver SD-2. It's hard to compare it to specific earphones on the spot because the signature is variable. 

The cable, sadly, is a 2-pin, not MMCX. It's semi-proprietary with a recessed connector on the cable side (much like the VSonic VC02). It fits somewhat flush in my ears but not like a GR07 because the detachable cable connector is big and the nozzle is longer and fatter compared to the GR07. The upside is that unlike the GR07 it can be worn cable-down fairly easily (easier still if you invert the absolute polarity by flipping both connectors around).

Mar 17, 2015 at 8:48 PM Post #15,681 of 16,931
Thanks again, and I hope to see the full review soon! (It must be quite longer than average) Do you think the FLC provides the most value, because of its flexibility (in terms of features)? It seems like a great value.(Besides the fact I can't seem to find where one would purchase a replacement cable.)

Mar 17, 2015 at 9:38 PM Post #15,682 of 16,931

Wow!! I think i should get one of those classics, or should i wait for the special edition. Confused.

It could well have been my particular pair. I read some time back in one of the GR07 thread that someone has 4 sets of classic edition and each sounds slightly different from one another, with one of the differences being smoothness in the highs.

Mar 18, 2015 at 12:13 AM Post #15,683 of 16,931
  It could well have been my particular pair. I read some time back in one of the GR07 thread that someone has 4 sets of classic edition and each sounds slightly different from one another, with one of the differences being smoothness in the highs.

Hmmm, lets wait.

Mar 18, 2015 at 1:44 AM Post #15,687 of 16,931
  I read some time back in one of the GR07 thread that someone has 4 sets of classic edition and each sounds slightly different from one another, with one of the differences being smoothness in the highs.

the user is @Airlight......but now he is down to 3 pairs of CE.
frown.gif

Mar 18, 2015 at 2:19 AM Post #15,690 of 16,931
Does anyone know how the Sony XBA 1IP's are? I'm wondering how they match up to VSD3S. XBA are calanced armatures, but what type of driver does VSD3S use?

Sound stage is bad, bad dynamics, details are good but cant even beat my she9850, bass is okay, but i dont like it. Its forced and feels Hard, not soft. I like it soft Just like ue600.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back