Multi-IEM Review - 352 IEMs compared (Pump Audio Earphones added 04/03/16 p. 1106)
Jan 15, 2015 at 2:08 PM Post #15,421 of 16,931
What is the usual recommended upgrade from GR07 BE?

I have this pair for 2 years and I simply love the sound. Everything is so detailed, bass is good, for me they are (almost) perfect. Everything sounds good on them. However, I'm wondering what IEMs would be an upgrade over these? I'm talking about a next normal step, not like 1200USD IEMs. I listen mostly to EDM, Electronic, HipHop.

Jan 15, 2015 at 2:10 PM Post #15,422 of 16,931

I sent them an email or two back when I had some room in my schedule but it didn't work out. Maybe someday. 

That's too bad.  The recently released Zero Audio Duoza is getting some serious praise.

Jan 15, 2015 at 2:35 PM Post #15,423 of 16,931
That's too bad.  The recently released Zero Audio Duoza is getting some serious praise.

He should just buy some and sell them on after review. They are only £60 after all.

Jan 15, 2015 at 3:48 PM Post #15,424 of 16,931
Or someone could send one 
biggrin.gif

ZA is that kind of japanese company that don't care for the rest of the world...

Jan 16, 2015 at 3:16 AM Post #15,425 of 16,931
@ljokerl - are you interested in being dropshipped some Knowledge Zenith IEMs to be reviewed (probably ED Special Edition or ED8)? Not right now, rather when the discount comes again.

Jan 16, 2015 at 4:42 AM Post #15,426 of 16,931

May be hype, cant say how they are judging, not saying that they cant be that good but i some times wonder if they are considering micro details or not. You can mimic signatures and get cohesive too but getting into micro details will tell you the real story.

Jan 16, 2015 at 5:09 AM Post #15,427 of 16,931

Which one has more clarity and details to it. will the 7550 get 9.2 or its really close to ex1000.

The EX1000 is still better in that regard. In clarity and detail the 7550 is similar to the TDK BA200, which has a similar signature. The BA200 may even be a touch more resolving - can't remember right now. 

I know they are very similar after going through a lot of 7550 threads. Its as Joker said, smoother and warmer. The EX1000 definitely has more treble and slightly sibilant on some songs. Soundstage is also a bit smaller I think. It could be possible for you to save on tax by ordering EX800 off eBay. There's a chance you won't be taxed as they would he imported from Japan but I'm not sure how your situation applies.

For me, I'm trying to decide between GR07 BE and 7550 specifically which one has the better sound stage, airyness, and more musical without being fatiguing. I'm coming from a PFE122 and am hoping for the best upgrade.

With low fatigue as a factor definitely the 7550. It's a lot smoother. 

What is the usual recommended upgrade from GR07 BE?

I have this pair for 2 years and I simply love the sound. Everything is so detailed, bass is good, for me they are (almost) perfect. Everything sounds good on them. However, I'm wondering what IEMs would be an upgrade over these? I'm talking about a next normal step, not like 1200USD IEMs. I listen mostly to EDM, Electronic, HipHop.

Without specifics on what you want to see different from your GR07 and what you're willing to give up for it there really isn't one. When you get to that level straight upgrades in every way are more an exception than the rule. For example I think the DUNU DN-2000 is a little better overall, mainly due to having better bass depth/extension and soundstaging with less sibilance, but in things like clarity and bass control it's only on-par with the GR07/GR07BE and not an improvement. 

Many of my recent reviews of higher-end IEMs have an extensive comparison to the GR07 or GR07 BE so you can get a feel for what you're gaining and what you're giving up.

He should just buy some and sell them on after review. They are only £60 after all.

@ljokerl - are you interested in being dropshipped some Knowledge Zenith IEMs to be reviewed (probably ED Special Edition or ED8)? Not right now, rather when the discount comes again.

No, sorry - this would put too much pressure on me in terms of getting stuff posted. I have 50+ IEMs all awaiting review right now and I doubt I'll even be getting through all of those. 

Jan 16, 2015 at 7:08 AM Post #15,428 of 16,931
Originally Posted by ljokerl

Quote:
anduril said:

No, sorry - this would put too much pressure on me in terms of getting stuff posted. I have 50+ IEMs all awaiting review right now and I doubt I'll even be getting through all of those. 

Bad luck.
If the situation changes, let me know please :) I love how those IEMs sound and I would love to know how they compare to the ones tested.

Jan 16, 2015 at 6:11 PM Post #15,429 of 16,931
So I'm having issues deciding on which IEM to get, first the Hifiman RE600 or the Dunu Alpha 1. I want good strong bass but not over emphasize and fluid soundinsounding highs good mids well you get the point. It has to be between these as they are priced similar Andi don't want any over IEMs. So Joker or anyone else with expierence with these i would like your input!

Jan 17, 2015 at 12:39 AM Post #15,430 of 16,931
  Bad luck.
If the situation changes, let me know please :) I love how those IEMs sound and I would love to know how they compare to the ones tested.

Sure, thanks!

So I'm having issues deciding on which IEM to get, first the Hifiman RE600 or the Dunu Alpha 1. I want good strong bass but not over emphasize and fluid soundinsounding highs good mids well you get the point. It has to be between these as they are priced similar Andi don't want any over IEMs. So Joker or anyone else with expierence with these i would like your input!

Don't think I can be of my help here as I'm not at all familiar with the Alpha 1. Wasn't aware it existed until I googled it just now.

Jan 17, 2015 at 4:14 AM Post #15,431 of 16,931
Hy!
I need a somewhat cheap IEM for when i travel to work. As i keep delaying the purchase of akg k3003, because i keep having other things to buy, i was wondering, what iems under 100$ can provide me with a very good sound. I will be using them 2-3 hourse a day, mostly for travel, in pretty noisy envoirment.

I want : soundstage, more treble, more bass, preferably U shaped signature. i love details, and want something very very detailed.

I cannot fiind any iem, and i cannot buy from outside what i am able to fiind, because the package cannot be delivered, and i must stop my work for one day to go to pick it up from security, in a totally another city.

i am able to purchase : Yamaha EPH-100, Steelseries Flux in ear, AKG k374, hifiman re400, every entry level sennheiser and most entry level audio tehnica, most entry level denons, some jbl models and that would be it. I would spend even 200$ if it is worth it. just, i would loke to not go at 200$ as i would only use these for a limited time, and only when i travel.

if i can be better with, i can also buy under 200$ full headphones if there are better ideeas.

i want to hear recommandations, if possible!

Jan 17, 2015 at 5:28 AM Post #15,432 of 16,931
  Hy!
I need a somewhat cheap IEM for when i travel to work. As i keep delaying the purchase of akg k3003, because i keep having other things to buy, i was wondering, what iems under 100$ can provide me with a very good sound. I will be using them 2-3 hourse a day, mostly for travel, in pretty noisy envoirment.

I want : soundstage, more treble, more bass, preferably U shaped signature. i love details, and want something very very detailed.

I cannot fiind any iem, and i cannot buy from outside what i am able to fiind, because the package cannot be delivered, and i must stop my work for one day to go to pick it up from security, in a totally another city.

i am able to purchase : Yamaha EPH-100, Steelseries Flux in ear, Hifiman AKG k374, hifiman re400, every entry level sennheiser and most entry level audio tehnica, most entry level denons, some jbl models and that would be it. I would spend even 200$ if it is worth it. just, i would loke to not go at 200$ as i would only use these for a limited time, and only when i travel.

if i can be better with, i can also buy under 200$ full headphones if there are better ideeas.

i want to hear recommandations, if possible!

If you can do $200 you should go for dn-1000, will meet all of your needs and you might not want to give them up, and if you do, sell it to me. Re-400 wont get you bass, flux is not detailed enough, GR07 BE can be considered but still its not bassy enough. And if you have to chose from these, go for eph-100.
By the way, where are you from?

Jan 17, 2015 at 5:43 AM Post #15,433 of 16,931

If you can do $200 you should go for dn-1000, will meet all of your needs and you might not want to give them up, and if you do, sell it to me. Re-400 wont get you bass, flux is not detailed enough, GR07 BE can be considered but still its not bassy enough. And if you have to chose from these, go for eph-100.
By the way, where are you from?

Romania, cannot go for dunu, i would had if it was possible.  i know that they are better. short, if i order from another country, it get delivered to security center, and i have to pick it up from there. it is at 100KM distance, in another city, and it would cost me a lot to pick them up. it can almost double the cost.

so, on my list, remains eph100, akg k374, and, akg k350.. low end senn.. seems that i can also get low end in ear beyerdynamic.. for example, ortofon eq5 would cost me 300$.. i am wondering what else i can get.. there are a little more models that i can get, but i read joker's entire reviews, and i could not come to better soundstage, and price. i also am trying to spend as less as possible, as i am going to upgrade to akg k3003.

EDIT:: i also accept, that if this is the situation, i am better not buying anything and waiting, but i hoped that i could get something nice before it comes to that

EDIT2:: short, i want soundstage, nice treble, no clipping, lots of micro details, bass to be existent, but not too much.

I am looking at yamaha eph100, steelseries flux in ear, akg k374, sony mh1c, creative in ear 2 aurvana, sony xbah3, and re400, all sennheiser entry level, some audio tehnica entry level, and some denon entry level iem. if not any of these can bring me what i want, i want you to tell me, i will wait for when i have enough money to get k3003.

Jan 17, 2015 at 1:20 PM Post #15,434 of 16,931
@skerry2006aj EPH100 would be suitable. You should also look at Zero Audio Duoza.

Jan 18, 2015 at 5:44 PM Post #15,435 of 16,931
after two days of continous research.. i think that i am going to keep money until i buy either dunu dn2000, ultrasone iq, or t-peos h300, and either way i am going to try k3003 just to be sure that i have the top of audio possible.

the main ideea for me would be that i want to have the best audio possible, but for when i go outside i might not want to take something like k3003 with me, in say, rainy days, or cold or hot days... 

until then, i will keep searching. thanks for help.

until then, i will either wait, or get my full cans outside, even though i am kind of afraid of pollution and himidity and cold damaging the drivers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back