Multi-IEM Review - 352 IEMs compared (Pump Audio Earphones added 04/03/16 p. 1106)
Dec 5, 2014 at 4:39 AM Post #15,136 of 16,931
I was mainly thinking about the Creative Aurvana 2 also, but thought the other two might offer some surprises. After some more digging on google I think not.

Might get my hands on the Xiomi Piston 2, but not sure if the guy who's selling them is true or not about them being original.

Thanks for the replies.

Dec 5, 2014 at 4:42 AM Post #15,137 of 16,931
  I was mainly thinking about the Creative Aurvana 2 also, but thought the other two might offer some surprises. After some more digging on google I think not.

Might get my hands on the Xiomi Piston 2, but not sure if the guy who's selling them is true or not about them being original.

Thanks for the replies.

piston is good but its not as clean as re-400, and is bassy too. see if you can get a she9850 for cheap, these are really close to re-400.

Dec 5, 2014 at 5:33 AM Post #15,138 of 16,931
What are the best IEMs under $200 with a mic? Just a list would be nice, but I'd prefer any non-basshead IEM (I like bass, but not overpowering). I currently have the RHA 750i but I'm looking for an upgrade. I was looking at the RHA T10i but it seems they are more bass-oriented. 

Dec 5, 2014 at 5:46 AM Post #15,139 of 16,931

There's a little more to impedance than just the manufacturer-supplied value. Two IEMs can be listed at 16 ohms, but one might have a flat impedance curve that has no (or minimal) impedance interactions with sources, whereas the other might have a roller coaster of a curve that results in very odd behavior with some sources.

Anyway, I've got to be honest, $35-50 is not a huge budget  for a long-term IEM investment that's also an upgrade to one of the best budget earphones around. Out of the ones you are looking at the Ety Kids might be the best option if you don't mind being "volume limited" on your portable sources by the high impedance. Otherwise I'd go E30 or VC02 for slightly different sound sigs. The E30 isn't necessarily an upgrade to an 8320 in sound, but it is a much more ergonomic earphone. The VC02, as others have said, has touchy connectors.

My real recommendation would actually be to consider the Ostry KC06 instead. Just saw it at mp4nation for $50 after coupon this morning . It's a very sensitive earphone but I still think its performance is a better fit for what you want than the others you're considering. You just might hear a little hiss with those sources of yours that are not optimized for earphones (but definitely will be fine with the Clip+). 

Hidition NT6 (http://theheadphonelist.com/headphone_review/hidition-nt-6/) and Custom Art Harmony 8 Pro (http://theheadphonelist.com/brief-impressions-custom-art-harmony-8-pro-pro-330-v2/)

So you recommend Ety Kids, VC02 or KC06. KC06s seem also to be quite flat at the impedance curve which is nice. Thanks!

Dec 5, 2014 at 8:28 AM Post #15,142 of 16,931
Hello, i'm sorry if this is not applicable here but I'll post it anyway.. What is the best earphone with mic and controls for a cellphone.. @ $150 ?

Any particular preference? Like universal mic or Android or Windows or BB or Apple compatible ones that has vol cobtrols......

Dec 5, 2014 at 10:03 AM Post #15,143 of 16,931
  What are the best IEMs under $200 with a mic? Just a list would be nice, but I'd prefer any non-basshead IEM (I like bass, but not overpowering). I currently have the RHA 750i but I'm looking for an upgrade. I was looking at the RHA T10i but it seems they are more bass-oriented. 

xba-30ip , do westones come with mic? if yes then w20 will be nice, or the hf2, wont be an upgrade but cant recall one with better Sq and MIC.
 just realized that , there is rockit r50 with mic. its a nice one.

Dec 5, 2014 at 10:07 AM Post #15,144 of 16,931
Hello, i'm sorry if this is not applicable here but I'll post it anyway.. What is the best earphone with mic and controls for a cellphone.. @ $150 ?

want bass? ma-750, if no than HF2/HF3 and r50.

Dec 5, 2014 at 5:03 PM Post #15,147 of 16,931
Any particular preference? Like universal mic or Android or Windows or BB or Apple compatible ones that has vol cobtrols......

Thanks man its for my dad.. He doesn't have a particular preference.. He told me he'd use it for a celphone and an ipod.. But since he's in a noisy environment I told him to buy etymotic hfs..

want bass? ma-750, if no than HF2/HF3 and r50.

Hf2/hf3 would suit my preference.. Thanks.

Dec 5, 2014 at 9:53 PM Post #15,148 of 16,931
Hey Joker, I have been considering purchasing a moderately priced entry level pair of IEMs for my girlfriend for Christmas, and I've laid my eyes on the VSD3S for quite some time. I'm just wondering how they might compare to other earphones in the same 50ish dollars price range. Perhaps a score on your 10 point scale regarding sound quality would be nice too. Just note that she doesn't really have any preferences towards sound signatures, because she doesn't really listen to music through earphones anyways. So she doesn't have a bias towards overly bassy music or your typical consumer earphones.

Dec 5, 2014 at 10:00 PM Post #15,149 of 16,931
Hey Joker, I have been considering purchasing a moderately priced entry level pair of IEMs for my girlfriend for Christmas, and I've laid my eyes on the VSD3S for quite some time. I'm just wondering how they might compare to other earphones in the same 50ish dollars price range. Perhaps a score on your 10 point scale regarding sound quality would be nice too. Just note that she doesn't really have any preferences towards sound signatures, because she doesn't really listen to music through earphones anyways. So she doesn't have a bias towards overly bassy music or your typical consumer earphones.

This might give you some idea.....

http://theheadphonelist.com/brief-impressions-vsonic-vsd3s-ostry-kc06-havi-b3-pro/

Dec 6, 2014 at 1:45 AM Post #15,150 of 16,931
So many questions already answered
biggrin.gif

Sending my HiFiMan RE-400 pair to be replaced. Need some help.

What to choose from these three - Creative Aurvana In-Ear 2, Sony MDR-EX450 or Audio-Technica CKX5iS - for listening untill I get my earphones back? Which is the closest to the performance of the RE-400?

Can't comment on the other two but don't get the CKX5iS. It has a very typical "Audio Technica mid-range earphone" sound with strong bass and edgy treble. Not a very refined sound and not a good match for the RE-400.

The 750i is one of the better ones already. For a more balanced/analytical-sounding compliment/contrast, Etymotic HF2/HF3 or Rockit R-50M would be good options, as suman said.

Hey joker, brainwavz m3 vs fidue a63... Which of the two is better overall ?

Depends on what you're looking for, they're about on-par. I'd probably pick the less expensive A63 myself - it's a little more colored but not in a bad way - warm tone, punchy bass, pretty smooth overall. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back