Multi-IEM Review - 352 IEMs compared (Pump Audio Earphones added 04/03/16 p. 1106)
Nov 14, 2014 at 3:01 AM Post #14,971 of 16,931
Hi ljokerl and many thanks for all your diligence and how generously share your experience for our benefit.
Just bought x2 pairs of Philips SHE3590 for use at gym and I am very happy with their clarity, comfort, fidelity and sound signature especially for the money!
A great recommendation.
Cheers

Nov 14, 2014 at 7:57 AM Post #14,972 of 16,931
Hi IJockerI, how you can compare the SQ and comfort of the Rockets compare to DN2K? Thank you.

Nov 15, 2014 at 5:40 AM Post #14,974 of 16,931
  Hi ljokerl and many thanks for all your diligence and how generously share your experience for our benefit.
Just bought x2 pairs of Philips SHE3590 for use at gym and I am very happy with their clarity, comfort, fidelity and sound signature especially for the money!
A great recommendation.
Cheers

Glad you like them 
beerchug.gif
!

Hi IJockerI, how you can compare the SQ and comfort of the Rockets compare to DN2K? Thank you.

Never tried the Rockets

Hi, joker. I found that the westone 2 or um2 has a frequency response somewhat similar to that of gr07 or SD2. Have you heard it? Could you give a simple comparison between the westone and the sd2?

I've only heard the Westone 2 and that was a while ago, but I would agree that in terms of signature it's very similar to the SD-2. GR07 less so - it has a little more bass and some treble emphasis that isn't there with the W2 or SD-2.

Nov 15, 2014 at 8:45 AM Post #14,976 of 16,931
I love this thread. Joker, I can't imagine how much hard work you've done to put all of this together, but it's really nothing short of amazing. You've done an incredible job, and have probably helped more people than you thought possible. Just wanted to thank you, I truly enjoy reading this thread. So a big THANK YOU!!!

Nov 15, 2014 at 12:36 PM Post #14,977 of 16,931
Maybe it's that I like buying things other than audio gear from time to time, but I am ENTIRELY (well maybe 98.75% to be honest...) content (although I should add, far from satisfied) with my XBA-H1. Clarity and energy are fair or better than fair, and it seems fairly stable from genre-to-genre with the 1,000 or so tracks I have on my iPhone playing on random. In short, I never get bored with its sound. Maybe with other things, but never the sound itself. It has the warm, lush feeling I got from lesser Sony models and cheap dynamics, with less to find fault with, across pretty much the whole spectrum. I could live with this IEM forever. I am thankful for, among other things, this very thread and some others like it, having piqued my eventual interest in hybrids - and also that I found a Sony that doesn't either let in all of the wind noise or suffer so badly from house sound that it is painfully obvious (to my brass ears anyway...)

I am content to the point, I wish I was buying an FX-1100 from JVC so that after a first impression, I could sent it to joker for review. The anticipation would make the eventual return even better! He once recommended the JVC woodies to me. Ahhh, if only I could bring it full-circle. I'll probably get a pair, after all. Something like this time of year, 2018. 

Thanks go out to every member who has contributed to this forum - and this thread especially. You have, directly or indirectly, enriched my life through better sound, and I'm grateful this place exists as the excellent community that it is. My only regret is that I must spend a great deal of time on hiatus from Head-Fi, in order that I don't recklessly spend a great deal of money because of Head-Fi - and similar sites, because it takes more than [relative terms:]great sound to stay alive. Fortunately for me and my loved ones, great sound has made living a little more like thriving.

Nov 15, 2014 at 7:59 PM Post #14,979 of 16,931
Joker - you were right! I got a set of HisoundAudio Crystals last week and i really like the sound. They remind me of the Brainwavz in many ways (similar - fun,warm signature) but with added clarity (which is almost on par with the RE-400).

Mids aren't as spectacular as the RE-400, however it makes up for it in the low end - which is what i wanted.

They seem to be a good match for my music taste.

Thanks.

Nov 16, 2014 at 12:29 AM Post #14,981 of 16,931
I love the Quadbeat (1) Special Edition....much much more than the Quadbeat (1) or Quadbeat 2 Special Edition. The Quadbeat (1) Special Edition is the most balanced performer out of all the Quadbeat series. However a good fit and seal is crucial for this baby to sing. For me, it's the included single flange tips....YMMV

Nov 16, 2014 at 4:24 AM Post #14,982 of 16,931
It's really an unfortunate situation with the CK100pros. They are extraordinary IEMs. They are amazingly cheap now used in Japan. Wish I would have known that no one would want to check these out when I got mine cause they are so affordable now! Amazing that one can get what seems to still be a TOTL IEM for about $200USD.

Nov 16, 2014 at 5:12 AM Post #14,983 of 16,931
Sony MDR EX1000 vs In Ear SD-2 comparision please?

1. Bass quality and quantity
2. Mids - positioning, body
3. highs - which is more natural, relaxed for long listening without harshness and added "fake" sparkle to music?

Thank you.

Nov 16, 2014 at 5:20 AM Post #14,984 of 16,931
Sony MDR EX1000 vs In Ear SD-2 comparision please?

1. Bass quality and quantity
2. Mids - positioning, body
3. highs - which is more natural, relaxed for long listening without harshness and added "fake" sparkle to music?

Thank you.

this is the japans version of EX 1000 from memory
EX 1000 have better bass extension and quantity , only a little bit more on the quantity but there is quite alot on the extension, the SD2 imo is more natural and relaxed for long listening sessions , their mid is about the same

Nov 16, 2014 at 5:43 AM Post #14,985 of 16,931
What about MDR7550? I actually got these iems but thought more people heard EX1000.
All I know 7550 is more relaxed on highs than EX1000 bu what about SD2. That would be even better for me as I prefer highs from very cheap Tenores or even Sony Mh1. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back