Multi-IEM Review - 352 IEMs compared (Pump Audio Earphones added 04/03/16 p. 1106)
Oct 14, 2014 at 11:58 AM Post #14,776 of 16,931
Thanks, that was great! And maybe you'll be able to throw in the kc06a's into the mix some day (I've heard lots of good stuff about them also).

Seems like the next round should be KC06A / Havi B6 / VSD5S 
rolleyes.gif

I hope you can throw ATH-IM50 into the mix one day. 
smily_headphones1.gif

Hope so too!

No sennheiser cx-985? Maybe momentum iem as well

I should be able to add the Momentum shortly.

Oct 14, 2014 at 7:19 PM Post #14,778 of 16,931
Hello to the infamous ljokerl, I'm a long time reader, first time poster on your famous thread.

The budget fi world is in need of your golden ears in regards to the Sidy dgs100. It's a two way hybrid that is receiving mixed reviews.

Some like it hot, some like it cold, some like it in a pot three weeks old...

I am willing to send you my extra pair of them to you if you could once and for all settle this lol.

IMHO, comparing them to my best gear (dnk, h3, altone200, gr07be, Havi, ect) I prefer the warm yet still very detailed and transparent signature over everything I have. Others say they are hearing bass bloat. I would like to hear your take on them, possibly willing to send you one of my pairs.

If interested, pm me.

Thanks

Oct 14, 2014 at 10:04 PM Post #14,779 of 16,931
  There won't be two versions of the vsd5 - only one, so no S this time 
rolleyes.gif

Whoops, noted!

Hello to the infamous @ljokerl, I'm a long time reader, first time poster on your famous thread.

The budget fi world is in need of your golden ears in regards to the Sidy dgs100. It's a two way hybrid that is receiving mixed reviews.

Some like it hot, some like it cold, some like it in a pot three weeks old...

I am willing to send you my extra pair of them to you if you could once and for all settle this lol.

IMHO, comparing them to my best gear (dnk, h3, altone200, gr07be, Havi, ect) I prefer the warm yet still very detailed and transparent signature over everything I have. Others say they are hearing bass bloat. I would like to hear your take on them, possibly willing to send you one of my pairs.

If interested, pm me.

Thanks

Didn't realize I was infamous 
evil_smiley.gif

I've never heard of this brand. Pretty filled up right now on stuff to review, but I'll keep them in mind. Thanks!

Oct 14, 2014 at 11:20 PM Post #14,780 of 16,931

Whoops, noted!

Didn't realize I was infamous 
evil_smiley.gif

I've never heard of this brand. Pretty filled up right now on stuff to review, but I'll keep them in mind. Thanks!

Thought it was just me who noticed that, lol.

Must be your picky ears. Everyone shall now tremble at the fact that you will rate the other budget in-ears in overall sound at a 7.0/10. 
eek.gif
 (Which is highly unlikely, lol.)

Oct 14, 2014 at 11:32 PM Post #14,781 of 16,931
Whoops, noted!

Didn't realize I was infamous :evil:  

whoops, typo, darn auto correct!

Sorry dude, you're not evil lol

Oct 15, 2014 at 11:44 AM Post #14,784 of 16,931
Which are more durable in your opinion, Hifiman RE-400 or Astrotec AX35? I'm currently considering new IEM and those are the main options right now. Does the RE-400 sound a lot better? They are significantly more expensive, and I wonder how much better they are. Please note I will be using them with Samsung Note 3 smartphone.

Oct 15, 2014 at 10:06 PM Post #14,785 of 16,931
  Which are more durable in your opinion, Hifiman RE-400 or Astrotec AX35? I'm currently considering new IEM and those are the main options right now. Does the RE-400 sound a lot better? They are significantly more expensive, and I wonder how much better they are. Please note I will be using them with Samsung Note 3 smartphone.

The AX35 should be more durable but they sound very different from the RE-400 - the RE-400 is much more balanced, with very level bass and extremely smooth treble. The AX35 has more bass punch, thinner and less strong mids, and brighter, harsher treble. 

Oct 16, 2014 at 10:26 AM Post #14,787 of 16,931
  How would you rate the Fidue A81 in sound quality? Do you believe they are at least on par with GR07BE?

i might not the you asked , but , i think A81 are close , bit bassy and less energetic highs but awesome sound stage like R3 . i might like these over Gr07 because of the removable cable .

Oct 16, 2014 at 11:54 AM Post #14,788 of 16,931
  How would you rate the Fidue A81 in sound quality? Do you believe they are at least on par with GR07BE?

I don't think they are - just not clear enough. On-par with Brainwavz R3, maybe, but they're also like 2x the price
frown.gif

Oct 16, 2014 at 1:29 PM Post #14,790 of 16,931
  Joker, have you ever heard an IEM that's emphasized in the deep bass but is lean/dry (not warm) in the lower mids?

I've heard one and it is Logitech UE600. 
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back