Multi-IEM Review - 352 IEMs compared (Pump Audio Earphones added 04/03/16 p. 1106)
Jul 9, 2014 at 2:06 AM Post #14,041 of 16,931
Hey Joker. Any plans to review the New Victor JVC FX850? Would be interesting to see you do a pit-off against FX700/Fitears TG334/Sennheiser IE800 and K3003!

Jul 9, 2014 at 9:36 AM Post #14,042 of 16,931

if you enjoy V-shaped sound , ckx-5 and yes the vsonic vsd1 can be youe answer , vsd1 has plenty of bass , ckx has a hair less . both are nice sounding and a step up from e10 , but i think you should go for vsd1 .

The GR02 BE has more bass than the E10. The GR99 is discontinued as far as I know and both the GR02 and GR99 are hard to recommend over VSonic's newer VSD1/VSD1S models. The Flux has less of a bass lift but better extension than the E10. If you want bass punch greater than or equal to the E10, don't get the Flux - it's probably too balanced for you. Get the VSD1 if you don't mind having more treble, or maybe the T-Peos D200R if you'd rather have a less v-shaped sound but still retain strong bass.

Thank you for the helpful answer.  After you mentioned about VSD1, I just realized that the price is hardly more expensive than GR02...only a few $ more which is totally fine with me. 
I read the user reviews & impressions about VSD1 here, and  it sounds more convincing that it's the right one for me.
I've been so tempted all this time to get VSonic because of their build quality reputation.  I love the cable better too than the Flux.
The flux looks good (simple design), but I'm not so crazy about the flat cable, which ....at least for me....a little too big & stylish.  Looks more like I'm wearing a long string of linguini pasta on my ears.
I guess I'm a little bit too conventional 
tongue_smile.gif

I definitely go  with VSD1 now.  Been so excited with Vsonic, and now is the chance for me to satisfy my curiosity. 
L3000.gif

Thank you very much.

Jul 9, 2014 at 12:01 PM Post #14,043 of 16,931
How well do the MA750s handle faster and/more complex tracks compared to vsd1? (See my past posts to check my music tastes)

Not any better. As you would expect, the heavier bass is not ideal for that. If you want resolution, the DN-1000 is a better choice. 

Hey Joker. Any plans to review the New Victor JVC FX850? Would be interesting to see you do a pit-off against FX700/Fitears TG334/Sennheiser IE800 and K3003!

No plans at this time. Don't have the FX700 anymore, anyway - it was a loan 
redface.gif

Thank you for the helpful answer.  After you mentioned about VSD1, I just realized that the price is hardly more expensive than GR02...only a few $ more which is totally fine with me. 
I read the user reviews & impressions about VSD1 here, and  it sounds more convincing that it's the right one for me.
I've been so tempted all this time to get VSonic because of their build quality reputation.  I love the cable better too than the Flux.
The flux looks good (simple design), but I'm not so crazy about the flat cable, which ....at least for me....a little too big & stylish.  Looks more like I'm wearing a long string of linguini pasta on my ears.
tongue_smile.gif

I definitely go  with VSD1 now.  Been so excited with Vsonic, and now is the chance for me to satisfy my curiosity. 
L3000.gif

Thank you very much.

To be fair to the Flux, it is much less gaudy than most other flat-cabled earphones out there - the cable is fairly thin and flat black in color. I do think the VSD1 is a better option for you, though. VSonic all but made their older budget earphones obsolete with their latest couple of releases. 

Jul 9, 2014 at 12:35 PM Post #14,044 of 16,931

tongue_smile.gif

L3000.gif

Thank you very much.

Just so you know, the VSD3 series has better soundstage, instrument separation, and a bit more detail than the VSD1. No one is sure yet how the VSD1 and VSD3's bass compares (we've only heard the VSD3S which has more neutral, but a bit deeper bass), since there aren't any VSD3 reviews yet, but its price is not that much more than the VSD1 if you would be willing to wait until Lend Me Ur Ears or some other asian retailer gets more in. If you can't wait though, the VSD1 will still be a very nice upgrade.

Jul 10, 2014 at 4:56 PM Post #14,047 of 16,931
Hey guys,
Been on the market for some new IEMs for EDM music, mainly dnb, tech-house, psy, techno. I've made my research and I've narrowed down the list to Yamaha EPH-100 , shure se215, beyerdinamic DX 160ie and rha ma750. Maybe there are better options, sadly these are the only ones for which I could find recommendations for edm music. Perhaps you could help me choose one of these, not really sure which one would deliver the best sound. Thanks

Jul 10, 2014 at 9:06 PM Post #14,048 of 16,931
Hey guys, im new here and im interested in buying either the philips she3580/3590 or the monoprice 8320

I listen to a lot of EDM/ Progressive House etc, so i like a lot of bass in my music, does the philips she3580/3590 have a good bass and a nice over clear sound? And does it have a wider soundstage than the monoprice?

Im also open to suggestions

Jul 10, 2014 at 10:54 PM Post #14,050 of 16,931
  Hey guys,
Been on the market for some new IEMs for EDM music, mainly dnb, tech-house, psy, techno. I've made my research and I've narrowed down the list to Yamaha EPH-100 , shure se215, beyerdinamic DX 160ie and rha ma750. Maybe there are better options, sadly these are the only ones for which I could find recommendations for edm music. Perhaps you could help me choose one of these, not really sure which one would deliver the best sound. Thanks

Everybody seems to really enjoy the EPH-100s for EDM and the like. I had them for awhile, but sold them to my dad. The isolation is fantastic, and he uses them for mowing under over-the-ear mowing headphones. He EQs the EPH-100 like crazy though in the treble cause he is a bit of a treblehead... I didn't like the fit, but I'm in a small percentage on that I think. They were also too bassy for my taste which I wouldn't have guessed, and the scooped out highs that made them too smooth and un-bright were not for me. And my ears are somewhat treble sensitive oddly... 

As far as I know(though I haven't heard the other three) the RHAs and Yamahas are techinically superior to the other two in the detail and clarity. The mids are more full & lush with the EPH-100 and more backseat on the MA750 supposedly. The RHAs are supposed to have more sparkle in the lower treble compared to the Yamahas.

I really REALLY like and recommend the Zero Audio Carbo Tenore though I know people have had issues with them. I haven't at all thankfully! And for reference I mainly listen to EDM type music. They are just plain awesome in my opinion. Really smooth and full across the FR. Also cheaper than the EPHs and considerably more than the MA750s if that any consideration.

Jul 10, 2014 at 11:22 PM Post #14,051 of 16,931
Between the MA750 and the DN1000, which one is more durable? I want to reduce the risk of them breaking like my vsd1.

Hard to say for sure but I'd give the nod to the MA750.

Hey guys,

I've only heard the DTX160iE at a show briefly, but my current pick for EDM is definitely the EPH-100. 

Hey guys, im new here and im interested in buying either the philips she3580/3590 or the monoprice 8320

I listen to a lot of EDM/ Progressive House etc, so i like a lot of bass in my music, does the philips she3580/3590 have a good bass and a nice over clear sound? And does it have a wider soundstage than the monoprice?

Im also open to suggestions

I would pick the Philips as well. They don't have the soundstage of the Monoprices but the signature will work better for EDM.

Jul 14, 2014 at 12:32 PM Post #14,052 of 16,931
Joker posted the review of the Xiaomi Piston 2.0.  8.1 for sound for only $25!  The next one with 8.1 is VSonic VC02 at $49.

http://theheadphonelist.com/headphone_review/xiaomi-piston-2/

Jul 14, 2014 at 2:35 PM Post #14,053 of 16,931
Wow, 8.1.
I tried them myself and found them to be too U shaped. Mids were totally recessed to my ears.
The highs of the Pistons are natural and the best I've heard in a long time. The bass was to mid-bassy for me.

I wouldn't give them a 8.1, but then again, I haven't heard anything near a percentage of iems joker has. He is the sole reason I started this hobby anyway. 

BTW I tried the Ivery IS1 clearhead was hyping a while ago. There nothing special. Fine for the price paid, but far to bassy and veiled over the rest of the spectrum.

Jul 14, 2014 at 11:18 PM Post #14,054 of 16,931
I'm not really surprised by that Piston score. I expected it to score somewhere circa mh1 though to put things into perspective my first pairs of mh1c cost me $15 and the mh1 I got months into the hype still cost me like $25, so I can't just say "WOW, I have never heard anything like this for only 20 bucks".
Of course, the Piston's hype got a little bit out of hand with stuff like being the best sub-$100 iem, being better than all vsonics and that probably raised some expectations a bit too high. 
I personally wasn't too impressed but I acknowledged that I can imagine someone liking them a lot if that's the type of sound he's looking for. My main issue with them was the bass. which is exactly the opposite of what I like - slow, lacking control and proper attack.

Jul 15, 2014 at 12:03 AM Post #14,055 of 16,931
  Wow, 8.1.
I tried them myself and found them to be too U shaped. Mids were totally recessed to my ears.
The highs of the Pistons are natural and the best I've heard in a long time. The bass was to mid-bassy for me.

All true for the mids and bass, but still so very far ahead of average among sub-$50 IEMs (except maybe the bass bloat)

I'm not really surprised by that Piston score. I expected it to score somewhere circa mh1 though to put things into perspective my first pairs of mh1c cost me $15 and the mh1 I got months into the hype still cost me like $25, so I can't just say "WOW, I have never heard anything like this for only 20 bucks".
Of course, the Piston's hype got a little bit out of hand with stuff like being the best sub-$100 iem, being better than all vsonics and that probably raised some expectations a bit too high. 
I personally wasn't too impressed but I acknowledged that I can imagine someone liking them a lot if that's the type of sound he's looking for. My main issue with them was the bass. which is exactly the opposite of what I like - slow, lacking control and proper attack.

When writing the review that was pretty much my line of thinking - if only the sub-$25 MH1C supply on ebay hadn't run out, I would have been less impressed with the Pistons. I still prefer the MH1C, personally, but I think the Piston has more of a "wow" factor for the average listener.

BTW, the DN-2000 comparison was actually prompted by someone sending a PM asking whether the Piston is better
redface.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back