Multi-IEM Review - 352 IEMs compared (Pump Audio Earphones added 04/03/16 p. 1106)
Jul 7, 2014 at 10:35 PM Post #14,028 of 16,931
  Another great review, thank you Joker!

I actually bought this a while ago, so far so good. NarMoo is doing a July 4th promotion (40% off, yes it's $18 for a set of R1M), was ended yesterday, but got an email just now from them saying, it's extended till the end of today. so for whose who might be interested in this model, you'd better be hurry
popcorn.gif
, this is definitely a steal!

Yeah, that's a very nice price even without the sound tuning. The ability to add extra bass is just icing on the cake.

Vsonic VSD3/S in sight?

Supposed to be on its way. Not sure when it will get to me but I'm excited to hear it.

Jul 8, 2014 at 7:11 AM Post #14,033 of 16,931
From VSD3 thread in this forum:

:confused_face(1):  

Well its posted a year ago based on Vsonic's announcements whatsoever......but its like VSD3/3S are both tuned to 4R'ish sound with VSD3 tuned w/more emphasis on bass,just like GR07-BE....And they are 535 Shell'ish with MMCX removable icables.....

Jul 8, 2014 at 2:53 PM Post #14,034 of 16,931
Hi, I'm thinking of buying either:
- VSonic GR02 Bass Edition
- VSonic GR99
- Steelseries Flux in-ear

Which one will you recommend ?
For comparison, I like the rather V-shaped Soundmagic E10 with impactful bass (but no bloat).   The strong punchy bass of E10 makes the sound more alive, at least for me.   So, I'm looking for another IEM with similar character.
From the review, it's not clear whether GR02-BE  & Flux in Ear has the same impactful Low in comparison to E10.
If I understand correctly, GR99 can match E10, while GR02-BE is less bassy then GR99.
Question is how much less bassy is GR02-BE & Flux in-Ear  (to GR99 & E10) ?
If I like the bass in E10, will I be dissapointed with GR02-BE  or Flux ?
Is the Flux v-shaped like GR02-BE or E10 ?

On a scale of 10-100%  with E10's bass considered taking 100% power, how will you rate GR02-BE & Flux-in-Ear ?
Thanks

Jul 8, 2014 at 3:40 PM Post #14,036 of 16,931
- VSonic GR99

For comparison, I like the rather V-shaped Soundmagic E10 with impactful bass (but no bloat).   The strong punchy bass of E10 makes the sound more alive, at least for me.   So, I'm looking for another IEM with similar character.
From the review, it's not clear whether GR02-BE  & Flux in Ear has the same impactful Low in comparison to E10.
If I understand correctly, GR99 can match E10, while GR02-BE is less bassy then GR99.

On a scale of 10-100%  with E10's bass considered taking 100% power, how will you rate GR02-BE & Flux-in-Ear ?
Thanks

I've never heard the E10's bass, but the VSD1 and VSD3 series are both generally seen as much better than the two Vsonics you've mentioned. I'd look at those along with the Flux, rather than the other two. 

Jul 9, 2014 at 12:08 AM Post #14,038 of 16,931
- VSonic GR99

Thanks

if you enjoy V-shaped sound , ckx-5 and yes the vsonic vsd1 can be youe answer , vsd1 has plenty of bass , ckx has a hair less . both are nice sounding and a step up from e10 , but i think you should go for vsd1 .

Jul 9, 2014 at 1:40 AM Post #14,039 of 16,931
  is the brainwavz s5 inbound ?

Nope... I haven't gotten around to reviewing Braniwavz' 2 previous releases yet. They're sitting on  a shelf somewhere. I really like the sound of the R3, just hard to wear it properly.

From VSD3 thread in this forum:

confused_face(1).gif

I'll just judge for myself. I do expect that the VSD3 and VSD3S will sound similar with very minor details setting them apart.

- VSonic GR99

Thanks

The GR02 BE has more bass than the E10. The GR99 is discontinued as far as I know and both the GR02 and GR99 are hard to recommend over VSonic's newer VSD1/VSD1S models. The Flux has less of a bass lift but better extension than the E10. If you want bass punch greater than or equal to the E10, don't get the Flux - it's probably too balanced for you. Get the VSD1 if you don't mind having more treble, or maybe the T-Peos D200R if you'd rather have a less v-shaped sound but still retain strong bass.

Hey joker, any plans to review the Altone200? Cheers

I should be able to get my hands on it in the near future.

Hiya. How do the RHA MA750 and Dunu DN1000 compare to the Vsd1 soundwise?

Depends on what you're after.. the MA750 is warmer and bassier, with smoother mid/upper treble and more veiled mids. The DN-1000 is clearer and brighter, but also has better deep bass. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back