Multi-IEM Review - 352 IEMs compared (Pump Audio Earphones added 04/03/16 p. 1106)
May 27, 2014 at 10:12 AM Post #13,712 of 16,931
  Hello at the moment, can you suggest best in ear below 70$ with very good bass to listen to commercial music?
I have to replace my sennheiser cx 300, and if it's possible I would like to find it on amazon eu.

Than you so much!

denon ah-c300 .

May 27, 2014 at 10:59 AM Post #13,713 of 16,931
Recommendations for a p.m.p.? Under $50
And any recommended EQ's for IOS?

Clip + and Clip Zip will always be the best at their price range, i prefer + as i have no need for photos but for those who do that's what the zip is for. Steer clear from the sport.

For my EQ I use this thing i found on tumblr:

probably not for audiophiles, but i think it's very fun-sounding!

May 27, 2014 at 12:52 PM Post #13,714 of 16,931
You guys need to try Zero Audio Tenore, Ostry KC06 and KC06A.  At around $50-60, not expensive to try.  Be advised that they may jump many more expensive IEMs in Joker's list though 
biggrin.gif
.  My guess is that they'd get > 9.0 for sound.

May 27, 2014 at 9:14 PM Post #13,719 of 16,931
  If you can get the Don Scorpio Bass Colours ( an OEM of Velodyne Pulse), I think, they will satisfy you. They are only 35USD at ebay. 

http://slickdeals.net/permadeal/121252/velodyne---velodyne-headphone-sale-vbold-bluetooth-109-vquiet-nc-109-vpulse-in-ear

vPulse currently $30 in the velodyne site by following a few steps (registering for newsletter for vPoints and code MAYVPULSE). Certain states will tax and it will be on the full price. So total with free (slow) shipping will be around $37-38.

May 27, 2014 at 9:29 PM Post #13,720 of 16,931
If you can get the Don Scorpio Bass Colours ( an OEM of Velodyne Pulse), I think, they will satisfy you. They are only 35USD at ebay. 

I will second the Bass Colours.

My understanding is that bigbargainonline on ebay is Penon Audio, so there is also the option to order direct from their website :)

May 28, 2014 at 12:53 AM Post #13,722 of 16,931
Woot! Thanks Joker, for all your reviews and all your input & advice!!

Thank you for you support (and TDK BA200
tongue.gif

Joker, I'm waiting for your Audio Technica IM50 review. Just do it 
biggrin.gif

That darn CKX5iS is still in the way (queue). 

Nice BA200 review! Been keeping an eye on TDK as new stuff should be coming as most everything has been discontinued. Hoping for a triple driver or triple hybrid from them. 

That or they didn't find the sales of the current lineup (prior to the clearances) to meet expectations and gave up on the higher-end in-ear market. Hopefully that's not the case.

ljokerl: Actually, I got the Astrotec AM-800s for my daughter's bf based off your review and the fact he only had $50 TOPS to spend, he was VERY pleased too! I got to hear them a lot and when the TDK BA-200s went on sale for the aforementioned $120 I snapped them up. That why I was able to reference them as to how large the difference is.

As we all know, you especially, given ALL the IEMs etc. you have listened to, I have a question that will be your opinion, but many here value that opinion QUITE highly besides myself.
I am an all around listener, from listening to TV shows, Classical, Progressive Rock, to even J-Pop because of all the anime I watch. I love CLEAR mids with solid bass that does NOT overwhelm me, I like it tight vs being a basshead. I like my musical instruments clear with being able to picture the sound stage. If you have ever heard Annie Haslam of Renaissance sing you know what kind of female singer I like to listen too.
So for the 1 Million $$$ question, I am starting my savings fund for my next set of IEMS, what would be the lowest price of admission be for an IEM that does NOT make a compromise in the sound to be better than what I own. That will give me better bass, mids, highs, & a better sound stage etc. It does NOT have to be best, JUST better than what I have, with NO concessions as you put it.

Yes, I know I can spend 1K+ on Custom IEMs etc. or even non custom ones, but I would rather not and to be honest, probably will never be able too! Is there anything say in the $500-$600 range? OR a little less or more?
I know its a hard thing for you to answer as you can not really get into my head etc. BUT you have listened to so many IEMs, both universal AND custom that I totally trust you to be able to tell it to me like it is! I have bought my 2 sets of IEMs based what you have written and the price I was able to get them for and been totally happy. This will be a big deal for me given my up coming bills and life issues but save I shall and if takes me longer to get what I want, it's a goal to work for. I am hoping others will be interested too! I can't be the only one like this! :) It's just so hard to pick and choose and there is no way for me to listen to them all so I am going to bet on you! No pressure here since I am fully aware its just your opinion, I just trust it implicitly! AND IF it has to be custom IEMS to get me there, from what I have read, I think the silicone ones are more comfortable, does that ring true?

Thanks again for all your help, it has already saved me a LOT of grief with my choices! 

Honestly, nothing comes to mind in terms of an upgrade from the BA200 in every area of consequence with no absolutely concessions in the sub-$700 range. See, for example, the comparison to the Sony MDR-7550 in the BA200 review - I expected the 7550 to come out on top but really, each has some pros and cons. The same went for the more high-end universals I compared to the BA200 to - the Westone 40, for example, and the StageDiver SD-2.

That's not to say it isn't out there - there might even be a few potential winners in my current queue - the Lear LUF-4F, for example, or the Perfect Seal SportBuds - but right now I can't confidently say either of them is it. 

Hello at the moment, can you suggest best in ear below 70$ with very good bass to listen to commercial music?
I have to replace my sennheiser cx 300, and if it's possible I would like to find it on amazon eu.

Than you so much!

RHA MA350, Dunu DN-23, Audio-Technica ATH-CKM500 , Beyer DTX101 or DTX102. All have plenty of bass, though they all sound different from each other. DN-23 and the Beyers are closest to your CX300 in sound signature. At least a few should be available from your local amazon. 

Thanks Joker!

Shouldn't the title of this thread say p. 915?

Whoops. Fixed page number. 

May 28, 2014 at 8:47 PM Post #13,723 of 16,931
ljokerl,

I don´t know if you´ll understand me, but I´ll try: There´s a common feature  that I hear in most BA earphone: a slightly plasticky character in the mids. For example, the TF10 has this character, but the SM3 doesn't have so much.

I would like to know: has the JH13 Freqphase this  characteristic?

Thank you very much! 

bigsmile_face.gif

May 29, 2014 at 4:31 AM Post #13,724 of 16,931
  ljokerl,

I don´t know if you´ll understand me, but I´ll try: There´s a common feature  that I hear in most BA earphone: a slightly plasticky character in the mids. For example, the TF10 has this character, but the SM3 doesn't have so much.

I would like to know: has the JH13 Freqphase this  characteristic?

Thank you very much! 

There's quite a few differences between the mids of the TF10 and those of the SM3, but the JH13 sounds more similar to the former than the latter to my ears. They were tuned by the same person, after all 
redface.gif
. If you want thick and lush mids, the JH13 just isn't it. 

May 29, 2014 at 6:53 AM Post #13,725 of 16,931
ljokerl,

I think my comparison wasn't very good. It isn't a matter about sound signature, but it´s about characteristic of most BA earphones. The ATH-CK10 and Westone 4 have this a slightly plasticky character in the mids, but the GR07 and EX1000, like all dynamic IEM that I heard, don´t have that.

My friend has the JH Roxanne. He told me that Roxanne is unique BA earphone that doesn´t have this a slightly plasticky character in the mids.

Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back