Multi-IEM Review - 352 IEMs compared (Pump Audio Earphones added 04/03/16 p. 1106)
Mar 24, 2014 at 12:34 AM Post #13,278 of 16,931
Hi ljockerl,

Can You compare yamaha eph-100 and nuforce ne-700x? I know that a lot of people will say something like "eph is way better" but nuforce have a lot of good reviews in my country and nobody have booth so i really want to know Your opinion. I have soundmagic e10 now and looking upgrade. I usually listen Rock music, tons of RHCP and I would be grateful if You compare eph100 and ne700x separately in bass/mids/highs and soundstage

Cheers
smily_headphones1.gif

I do think the EPH-100 is better, though there's also a big price gap there. The bass on the NE-700X is loose compared to the EPH-100. That's going to the biggest difference - it sounds sluggish and excessive in comparison even though the EPH-100 doesn't really lag behind in depth and impact. The EPH-100 also has a stronger midrange and smoother upper mids, with a more well-layered presentation. 

Any insight as to how the Sony MH1C and the Nuforce NE-700X compare to the Vsonic GR99?  I have the Vsonic, and the descriptions of the Sony and Nuforce sound similar to the Vsonic.  Would either be an upgrade over the Vsonic?  In particular, I'd be looking for something with a similar overall sound signature to the Vsonic but a bit better performance in the midrange (a bit more clear and a bit less veiled in the mids).

Thanks in advance for any insight.

The NE-700X has quite a bit more bass than the GR99. The MH1C is closer, but still bassier. It's also smoother than the GR99. However, if you're looking for more midrange presence and good, but not heavy, bass, you might want to consider the Fidue A63 instead in that price range. 

Does changing the type of metal a BA driver is made from affect the sound? (i.e aluminium vs titanium)

Most likely yes but you'd have to ask a BA engineer to get a definitive answer.

Mar 24, 2014 at 4:17 AM Post #13,279 of 16,931
  Posted a short introduction to Bluetooth audio technology here: http://theheadphonelist.com/wireless-fidelity-making-sense-bluetooth-headphone-technology/

Hi Joker, care to share which CSR Bluetooth dongle with aptX support on Windows 7 x64 you're using? A friend of mine is having problems with the SBH80 and his laptop's inbuilt BT, so he wants to buy a dongle that's confirmed to work. Thanks! 
smile_phones.gif

Mar 24, 2014 at 4:43 AM Post #13,280 of 16,931

Hi Joker, care to share which CSR Bluetooth dongle with aptX support on Windows 7 x64 you're using? A friend of mine is having problems with the SBH80 and his laptop's inbuilt BT, so he wants to buy a dongle that's confirmed to work. Thanks! 
smile_phones.gif

Mine's an Azio BTD-V400. It also uses the CSR Harmony software (which I prefer) in place of the standard Windows Bluetooth interface.

Mar 24, 2014 at 7:14 PM Post #13,282 of 16,931
Does anyone know what material balanced armatures are made of (specifically)

I believe it is made of similar materials as dynamic drivers, since most of its workings are still based on a dynamic driver

Except that they have a metal shell outside, which gives the BA a mostly "fixed" sound so the drivers can be combined to the desire of the manufacturer

Mar 24, 2014 at 8:33 PM Post #13,283 of 16,931
Anyone care to recommend another IEM in the < $40 range that has just a small bit of of a V curve but not over the top?

Basically something like the M9's with more mids.  Way less bass than the Vsonic GR02's.

I just received the SoundMAGIC E10's, but they aren't quite what I'm looking for.  If anyone's interested they are for sale here:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/710777/fs-soundmagic-e10

Mar 24, 2014 at 8:50 PM Post #13,284 of 16,931
Mar 24, 2014 at 8:53 PM Post #13,285 of 16,931
  Anyone care to recommend another IEM in the < $40 range that has just a small bit of of a V curve but not over the top?

Basically something like the M9's with more mids.  Way less bass than the Vsonic GR02's.

I just received the SoundMAGIC E10's, but they aren't quite what I'm looking for.  If anyone's interested they are for sale here:

If you can increase your budget to $50, the SteelSeries Flux in-ear and the VSonic VSD1S comes to mind. I have these two and they are great with nice bass and smooth treble. Mids/vocals are clear. I also have the VSD1 and the VSD1LimitedEdition and the VSD1S is the best out of the three.

Others may recommend the Sony MH1C, but  have no experience with them.

Mar 24, 2014 at 11:56 PM Post #13,286 of 16,931

What esteebin said - VSD1S is less bassy and more balanced than the GR02 with better overall sound quality. The Flux is more balanced still, but has a mild v-shape to it nonetheless. The MH1C doesn't qualify to be called v-shaped IMO - not enough rise at the top.

Curious as to why you didn't like the E10? They're pretty mildly v-shaped. 

I was sitting at the noble table and saw that iem during the SoCal meet. I sadly didn't try it but could have, bummer.

Yeah I haven't been this curious to try a new universal in a while. Might be the vague but alluring descriptions of the sound...

Mar 25, 2014 at 2:39 AM Post #13,287 of 16,931
Hi all, i just received my VSonic VSD1S yesterday,
have used them only once, but would like to share that already these are my
favorite iems at the moment!
i have the id America Spark, the Klipsch S4, Meelec CW31, Meelec A161P, LG Quadbeats 2 and Sony MH1C.
of all these, i like the VSD1S most! and used it just once!
the fit is so good, with the adjustable nozzle, its a lot more secure than a straight-barrel design, yet doesn't feel like a half-in-ear like the CW31 and is also more comfortable.
the cable is great - yes, the MH1C is a lot less prone to tangling, and most of us know how terrible it is.
what i like about the cable is how low-profile it is, it doesn't bounce around, its strong yet soft, and it
doesn't deliver so much noise as my other iems.
i read a lot about the treble being sibilant, but i was pleasently surprised.
i was affraid i was gonn'a get a Klipsch-S4-sibilance, but it's miles away from that, not the case at all.
very happy with my purchase, thanks joker for your review -- it's thanks to you that i bought them!

Mar 26, 2014 at 1:22 AM Post #13,289 of 16,931
  Hi all, i just received my VSonic VSD1S yesterday,

[...]

Glad you like them! 

Any plans to review the CA Music Two?

Not at this time. I could possibly get my hands on them, just got a pretty full schedule. 

Mar 26, 2014 at 3:20 AM Post #13,290 of 16,931
I am curious about the Xioami Pistons 2.0 people said its the new SONY MH1C but better. and 2 other new iems that i am sure everybody wants to know about them
T-PEOS H300
and the upcoming DUNU-DN 2000
curious about chart rankings and comprasion beetween them hope you can review 2 iems in the future and also the Xioami pistons

Users who are viewing this thread

Back