Multi-IEM Review - 352 IEMs compared (Pump Audio Earphones added 04/03/16 p. 1106)
Dec 14, 2013 at 2:51 AM Post #12,319 of 16,931
Just for sharing.

I found below IEMs are not so good when pairing with portable amp. like Tralucent TI:

1) Shure SE215 ($99): Less detail and poor sound stage comparing to DT880

2) Hisound Audio PAA-1 ($20) Too much texture (rough sounding) and too bright (ear fatigue) comparing to DT800

Dec 14, 2013 at 3:03 AM Post #12,320 of 16,931
       you wanna say they are not good ? dis you had an encounter with these ? whats you say about these ?

Well, there are lot better model IEMs available with the same price tag of X7i. The other ones you requested Joker are reasonably priced for their build and SQ,accessories etc.

I had S4 and S5i Rugged and they are good but not that good for that price.Fit wise Klipsch's oval tips and nozzle(comfort insertion) are stellar. If it's on sale for $45-$55 I'll take a bite.

Dec 14, 2013 at 3:08 AM Post #12,321 of 16,931
  Sound-wise for me the S2 is the least fatiguing, followed closely by the GR07 and DBA-02. But like modulor said if listening fatigue is a big consideration, a less bright earphone like the RE-400 might be worth looking at.

I find the DBA-02 mkII the most comfortable, then the GR07, then the DBA-02 mkI, and then the S2, partly because I prefer over-the-ear to cable-down.

I would like your opinion in term of detail/micro detail, sound stage/3D imaging, smoothness, bass amount, treble (ear fatigue) for below IEMs:

1) Fischer Audio DBA-02MKII ($195)

2) Heir 3.Ai ($299)

3) LogitechUE 900 ($299)

Which is a better pick?

Dec 14, 2013 at 3:18 AM Post #12,322 of 16,931

Well, there are lot better model IEMs available with the same price tag of X7i. The other ones you requested Joker are reasonably priced for their build and SQ,accessories etc.

I had S4 and S5i Rugged and they are good but not that good for that price.Fit wise Klipsch's oval tips and nozzle(comfort insertion) are stellar. If it's on sale for $45-$55 I'll take a bite.

thanks man , i think i should stick to ei800/ fidelio s1 / rha ma750 .

Dec 14, 2013 at 3:31 AM Post #12,323 of 16,931
Just for sharing.

I found below IEMs are [COLOR=FF0000]not so good[/COLOR] when pairing with portable amp. like Tralucent TI:

1) Shure SE215 ($99): Less detail and poor sound stage comparing to DT880

2) Hisound Audio PAA-1 ($20) Too much texture (rough sounding) and too bright (ear fatigue) comparing to DT800

how can those iem compare to ex flagship -.-

Dec 14, 2013 at 3:37 AM Post #12,324 of 16,931
I use ue900 before , I'd like to try and buy heir 3.a.i :) , for ue900 the soundstage is ok , quite good presentation , bass is ok but a bit loose , not tight compare to w4, the mids and treble is bright and neutral , very detail and clear , more forward than w4

Dec 14, 2013 at 3:47 AM Post #12,325 of 16,931
Nowadays I use my UE900 with meelec balanced tips and 3/4 blocked pinholes. Hard to fault for anything really. If you only listen to them you have a hard time asking for anything else. Maybe tighter bass. It's only when comparing to my FA-4E that I understand what I'm missing. But I find myself using them quite much due to sentimental reasons and because I don't want them to go unused. Anyway. The UE900 are good allrounders.

From what I know the R-50 (which I had for quite some time) should be pretty similar to DBA-02. VERY COMFORTABLE. With comply tips they're like a glass of cold water. However more wide than deep. So less 3D than UE900. Less bass as well and a colder tonality with a bit more treble. Details should be pretty even actually. But to me the UE900 sounds nore natural and less clinical. Haven't heard 3Ai.

If you can stretch your budget though, FA-4E...

Dec 14, 2013 at 5:15 AM Post #12,326 of 16,931
Nowadays I use my UE900 with meelec balanced tips and 3/4 blocked pinholes. Hard to fault for anything really. If you only listen to them you have a hard time asking for anything else. Maybe tighter bass. It's only when comparing to my FA-4E that I understand what I'm missing. But I find myself using them quite much due to sentimental reasons and because I don't want them to go unused. Anyway. The UE900 are good allrounders.

From what I know the R-50 (which I had for quite some time) should be pretty similar to DBA-02. VERY COMFORTABLE. With comply tips they're like a glass of cold water. However more wide than deep. So less 3D than UE900. Less bass as well and a colder tonality with a bit more treble. Details should be pretty even actually. But to me the UE900 sounds nore natural and less clinical. Haven't heard 3Ai.

How FA-4E comparing to UE900 in term of detail, sound stage/3D imaging, separation, treble?

Dec 14, 2013 at 9:21 AM Post #12,327 of 16,931
Originally Posted by ljokerl /img/forum/go_quote.gif

In that price range the Flux is probably your best bet. Personally I don't think it's notably smoother than the MH1C but it definitely has a bit less bass and a more accurate overall sound. The cable on the Flux isn't great but it's symmetric and can be used over-the-ear. It does have a mic though. Staying in the price range there's just not much that can compete with the MH1C, especially considering you like the signature. Moving up into the $100-$150 range there's more options but nothing I can think of that ticks ALL the boxes per your requirements. 

Someone should really start recabling MH1Cs for a fee... it's easy to find a $10-20 donor IEM with vastly better cables.

Just read you review on the Flux, what do you mean by "not nearly as prone to sibilance as many of the popular VSonic" ? Are they in any way sibilant? I really love the smoothness of MH1, even the most sibilant recordings which I couldn't stand with previously owned GR04 Flaghsip doesn't bother me at all with the MH1.

Dec 14, 2013 at 2:40 PM Post #12,328 of 16,931

How FA-4E comparing to UE900 in term of detail, sound stage/3D imaging, separation, treble?

Better, better, better. Or well, treble is about the same. Only less prone to sibilance but still detailed and very present. The most apparent differences are in the tighter, more impactful bass and the imaging. More immersive. The detailing is also better. I've heard things on them that I haven't heard before. They were my 4th hallelujah moment. First one was going from $30 iems to GR07. Second one was listening to a heavily EQ'd ASG-2 and the third one was UE900 through output 2 on the BH. The fourth is listening to FA-4E, with meelec balanced and on my Apex Glacier. The others were quite short lived and they felt like they also had their shortcomings. The FA-4E are just... amazing. I can't sleep when I listen to them. I always sleep on my bus rides in the afternoon. Can't sleep if I'm listening to them, they're just that good and that engaging to me.

If you can try them, you should do it.

Dec 14, 2013 at 6:07 PM Post #12,329 of 16,931

big help man ,  but have you heard klipsch imave x7i ?

Missed this one before. I personally haven't heard it. 

hi joker, is there any chance for you to review entry-level ciems such as um mage, jh5, jh7, um aero, rooth, cosmic ears?

Unfortunately there's not enough hours in the day to cover all the stuff I want to cover. I'd love to try all those, especially Rooth (I really liked the LS5X demo) but don't have any plans to do so at this time. 

Originally Posted by mannkind246 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I would like your opinion in term of detail/micro detail, sound stage/3D imaging, smoothness, bass amount, treble (ear fatigue) for below IEMs:

1) Fischer Audio DBA-02MKII ($195)
2) Heir 3.Ai ($299)
3) LogitechUE 900 ($299)

Which is a better pick?

I haven't heard the 3Ai or any Heir universal for that matter. The UE 900 sounded a little more 3D to me than the DBA-02mkII, and also a little smoother/less fatiguing and with more bass impact. It does not have an advantage in micro detail compared to the DBA-02. On the contrary, the mkII with its more prominent upper mids might have an advantage in overall detail retrieval. 

Just read you review on the Flux, what do you mean by "not nearly as prone to sibilance as many of the popular VSonic" ? Are they in any way sibilant? I really love the smoothness of MH1, even the most sibilant recordings which I couldn't stand with previously owned GR04 Flaghsip doesn't bother me at all with the MH1.

Almost all of the VSonic dynamics I've heard tend to exaggerate sibilance. The Flux does not - if it's on the track, you'll hear it, but it won't be emphasized.

Dec 14, 2013 at 8:22 PM Post #12,330 of 16,931
Better, better, better. Or well, treble is about the same. Only less prone to sibilance but still detailed and very present. The most apparent differences are in the tighter, more impactful bass and the imaging. More immersive. The detailing is also better. I've heard things on them that I haven't heard before. They were my 4th hallelujah moment. First one was going from $30 iems to GR07. Second one was listening to a heavily EQ'd ASG-2 and the third one was UE900 through output 2 on the BH. The fourth is listening to FA-4E, with meelec balanced and on my Apex Glacier. The others were quite short lived and they felt like they also had their shortcomings. The FA-4E are just... amazing. I can't sleep when I listen to them. I always sleep on my bus rides in the afternoon. Can't sleep if I'm listening to them, they're just that good and that engaging to me.

If you can try them, you should do it.

FA-4E might be the right IEM that I'm looking for.
Need to do more research before deciding to get it since it is an expensive stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back