Multi-IEM Review - 352 IEMs compared (Pump Audio Earphones added 04/03/16 p. 1106)
Oct 7, 2014 at 11:02 PM Post #14,731 of 16,931
My 1964 Ears V6-Stage is universal, so you would think they would do the same for a V3. Also, last I heard they gave a $25 discount code for universals if you contacted them before you order.

Good to know!

V3 is mid forward, no? What about the Qi?

Xba-h3 isn't v-shaped? That's what the graphs look like. Also reviews keep bragging about the super tweeter.

The V3 has strong mids but it has stronger bass and also some treble emphasis. It fits the v-shaped description better than the H3, which sounds fairly smooth to me. It’s really all a matter of degrees – if I was rating the hybrids on how v-shaped they sound I would probably say Unique Melody 3X (too v-shaped IMO) > DN-1000 > Altone200 > DN-2000 > H3, but then the H3 still has more of both bass and treble than something like a Shure SE535.

Not sure what the Qi is but if you mean the Ultrasone, it's pretty v-shaped but requires some modding to reach peak performance. Hard to recommend over the V3 considering it's more expensive.

Hi Joker,

First of all - thank you for your IEM reviews. I've been using this thread as a resource since buying my first 'proper' earphones. I bought a pair of UM Miracles almost entirely on the strength of your review and have been enjoying them for over a year - I agree with every word of your praise for them.

I would like to ask whether the JH13s are still your highest-regarded customs? Have you been listening to anything that has the potential to knock them off their perch in the near future?

Thanks again for your excellent reviews.

Yes, I haven’t tried anything that has impressed me more than the JH13s yet. The best custom I have in review at the moment is the Custom Art Harmony 8 Pro, but it doesn’t look like it will best the JH13 (impressions coming in a week or so).

Guys, I'm looking for an upgrade to the GR07 and GR07BE for ~$200 or less. Was waiting on the VSD7 but since it's unlikely to be released this year, I thought I'd ask around in here. I'd like to find something with equal or better SQ but with better imaging and deeper stage. Signature need not be one to one, but I prefer things with a natural tone, with good deep bass that is controlled and doesn't bleed, clear and present midrange, and treble that is detailed without being too harsh. Some things I've been considering are the DN-1000, Altone200, and CKR9. Are these good upgrades? Anything else I should look into?

What Shawn71 said – in that price range with the GR07/GR07BE you’re really looking at a sidegrade with a different signature. The Altone200 and DN-1000 are both good if you want a more v-shaped sound than a GR07 (esp more bass) with similar overall performance. For me personally, the DN-1000 is a little too bassy and the Altone200 is a little too bright, so I still prefer the GR07 over them.

Oct 7, 2014 at 11:30 PM Post #14,732 of 16,931
Alright, that actually helps a lot then. The GR07 is about as bright as I like my treble and the BE is about as big as I can handle my bass, so I guess I'm good in this price bracket. Thanks a lot for the info, Shawn and Joker.

Oct 7, 2014 at 11:54 PM Post #14,733 of 16,931
  Alright, that actually helps a lot then. The GR07 is about as bright as I like my treble and the BE is about as big as I can handle my bass, so I guess I'm good in this price bracket. Thanks a lot for the info, Shawn and Joker.

Also, the ckr9s are a mid forwarded in-ear, just like the ck10s. The treble may get hot for some, but it can also be lacking for others.

For me, it almost hits the correct amount of quantity without being sibilant at all.

And as you read, the imagery and the deepness of stage is what it actually has in its signature. The only way you can justify purchasing this in-ear or the other aforementioned ones is to, unfortunately, audition them.

Oct 8, 2014 at 11:51 AM Post #14,735 of 16,931
Quote: "Not sure what the Qi is ..."

It's 1964 Ears' latest rendition of their Quad four driver CIEM.

Ah, got it. 

Oct 8, 2014 at 10:21 PM Post #14,737 of 16,931
  Looking at buying another pair of IEM's.
Looking at spending $100-$150. Mainly listening at rock music, would like something with a bit more bass.

Anyone have any good recommendations?

What do you have right now?

In that area, my top preference is the GR07BE for rock music. RHA MA-750 and Yamaha EPH-100 are also good options if you want even more bass than that. 

Oct 8, 2014 at 10:22 PM Post #14,738 of 16,931
  Looking at buying another pair of IEM's.
Looking at spending $100-$150. Mainly listening at rock music, would like something with a bit more bass.

Anyone have any good recommendations?

I guess that depends - a bit more bass than what?

In that price range you can now get a GR07 Bass Edition, which will give you a pretty accurate sound with added bass. That would probably be my pick for something that's enhanced in the bass region for rock. Don't be fooled by the name, though, the GR07 BE is still far from a bass monster. If you want something that's actually pretty bassy, the RHA MA750 or Yamaha EPH-100 will do, but those have quite a lot of bass and actually don't have the best sound for rock for me.

Edit: lol. I was 34 seconds late. What ZapX629 said. 

Oct 8, 2014 at 11:01 PM Post #14,740 of 16,931
  I guess that depends - a bit more bass than what?

In that price range you can now get a GR07 Bass Edition, which will give you a pretty accurate sound with added bass. That would probably be my pick for something that's enhanced in the bass region for rock. Don't be fooled by the name, though, the GR07 BE is still far from a bass monster. If you want something that's actually pretty bassy, the RHA MA750 or Yamaha EPH-100 will do, but those have quite a lot of bass and actually don't have the best sound for rock for me.

Edit: lol. I was 34 seconds late. What ZapX629 said. 

Joker, head-fiers now able to read your mind, and type 34 secs faster than you LoL 
beerchug.gif

Oct 9, 2014 at 12:05 AM Post #14,741 of 16,931
  I have the Sennheiser CX300, so should be a big upgrade.

Thanks for the replies.

CX300 has a good amount of bass... if you want at least that quantity, the GR07 Bass Edition will probably be too lean. The other two should have enough, though.  

Joker, head-fiers now able to read your mind, and type 34 secs faster than you LoL 
beerchug.gif

I'm happy to crowd-source all of my recommendations 
wink.gif

Oct 9, 2014 at 7:32 AM Post #14,742 of 16,931
Hi, I am looking to get a pair of IEM, details as following:
Music type: Instrumental, jazz, vocal
Budget : up to $200
Tried FAD Heaven II and I like it, any other suggestions? I was told of ATH-CKR9, TDK BA-200 and Havi B3 Pro1, any recommendations or better choices? Thanks

Oct 9, 2014 at 7:38 AM Post #14,743 of 16,931
My best bet for $200 is 3 pairs of B3 Pro 1 if you have a good source,
or B3 Pro 1 + Cayin C5 It's going to be about $240 then ..

violin, sax, and vocals are phenomenal with B3 pro 1

Oct 9, 2014 at 8:03 AM Post #14,745 of 16,931
Hi, I am looking to get a pair of IEM, details as following:
Music type: Instrumental, jazz, vocal
Budget : up to $200
Tried FAD Heaven II and I like it, any other suggestions? I was told of ATH-CKR9, TDK BA-200 and Havi B3 Pro1, any recommendations or better choices? Thanks

HaviB3Pro1OldVersion...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back