Multi-IEM Review - 352 IEMs compared (Pump Audio Earphones added 04/03/16 p. 1106)
Oct 4, 2014 at 1:03 PM Post #14,716 of 16,931
Hi guys. Wondering if you can help me out :) Iam currently looking into the fidue a83, dn 2000, and stage diver sd2. Iam not sure which would suit my taste if any though to be honest! I currently own tdk ba200 and iam not all that keen on them. They just sound a little boring to me but maybe ive just been spoiled by my full sized he 500s :) Iam basically wanting something that would be considered an upgrade over the tdk ba200s . Something a bit more engaging , a nice oomph to the bass and great vocals. I appreciate a little treble extension also but i dont want the treble to be too bright as it can be a bit too much at high volume but rather smooth and crisp!

Of the three iems i mentioned , I can get the dn 2000 the cheapest (€250) the fidue a83 is i think €270 and the stage diver sd2s are significantly more expensive at €360 which is a tad more then i want to spend but i would spend it if they were worth it :) 

Maybe IM50/70 for vocal godness.

Oct 4, 2014 at 2:35 PM Post #14,717 of 16,931
  Hi guys. Wondering if you can help me out :) Iam currently looking into the fidue a83, dn 2000, and stage diver sd2. Iam not sure which would suit my taste if any though to be honest! I currently own tdk ba200 and iam not all that keen on them. They just sound a little boring to me but maybe ive just been spoiled by my full sized he 500s :) Iam basically wanting something that would be considered an upgrade over the tdk ba200s . Something a bit more engaging , a nice oomph to the bass and great vocals. I appreciate a little treble extension also but i dont want the treble to be too bright as it can be a bit too much at high volume but rather smooth and crisp!

Of the three iems i mentioned , I can get the dn 2000 the cheapest (€250) the fidue a83 is i think €270 and the stage diver sd2s are significantly more expensive at €360 which is a tad more then i want to spend but i would spend it if they were worth it :) 

Out of those three, the SD-2 you can definitely forget about because it's pretty much a direct upgrade to the BA200 - similarly smooth, warm, not very colored sound. It's doubtful you will enjoy it. The DN-2000 is also tricky because it's a U-shaped earhone. It has a very nice subbass kick and fantastic clarity, but it also has moderately bright treble. The A83 would be my pick out of the three - not as accurate as BA200, but with a more lively sound that has some treble boost (still not as bright as DN-2000) and a bit of extra bass.

Oct 4, 2014 at 3:04 PM Post #14,718 of 16,931

Cheers mate. Sounds like both are very similar , Given that the A83 has detachable cables and i like the look that little bit more i think iam leaning towards them :) Lets hope i have made the right choice . If you have any other suggestions in around the same price as these but feel they would be even better then feel free to let me know :wink:

Oct 5, 2014 at 2:21 PM Post #14,720 of 16,931
  Cheers mate. Sounds like both are very similar , Given that the A83 has detachable cables and i like the look that little bit more i think iam leaning towards them :) Lets hope i have made the right choice . If you have any other suggestions in around the same price as these but feel they would be even better then feel free to let me know :wink:

The A83 is pretty unique at its price point. Enjoy! 

Oct 6, 2014 at 5:25 PM Post #14,722 of 16,931
Hey joker,

A while back I asked you for natural upgrade for DN-1000. You replied with dn-2000 and xba-h3. I've been interested in the h3 but I'm thinking of skipping it and go one step further. I find that I use my IEMs much more than full sized cans so I might as well upgrade a bit higher.

So I'm looking for:

- strong impactful bass
- v shaped
- sparkly treble but not sibilant
- spacious with large soundstage
- great detail and instrument separation

DN-1000 had most of these. But soundstage could be bigger and treble could be less sibilant and smoother.

So for max $500? Or is xba-h3 still the best?

Oct 6, 2014 at 6:48 PM Post #14,723 of 16,931
Hey joker,

A while back I asked you for natural upgrade for DN-1000. You replied with dn-2000 and xba-h3. I've been interested in the h3 but I'm thinking of skipping it and go one step further. I find that I use my IEMs much more than full sized cans so I might as well upgrade a bit higher.

So I'm looking for:

- strong impactful bass
- v shaped

DN-1000 had most of these. But soundstage could be bigger and treble could be less sibilant and smoother.

I really like my noble 3 universals. They are $350.

Oct 7, 2014 at 1:16 AM Post #14,724 of 16,931
Hey joker,

So I'm looking for:

- strong impactful bass
- v shaped

That sounds like the 1964-V3 to me, if you're interested in venturing into custom territory (though I think 1964ears might have universals as well now).

The XBA-H3 is not really what I'd call v-shaped, though it fits the rest of the requirements pretty well. It just isn't very bright, but considering it's a universal and probably easy enough to return, worth trying before spending more IMO. The DN-2000 doesn't have the bass power of the XBA-H3 or even the DN-1000, which could be a deal breaker, but it is brighter than the H3 and a little smoother than the DN-1000.

Not a lot of other higher-end earphones with signatures like these. Most are either less powerful at the low end than something like a DN-1000, not v-shaped, or not <$500 (K3003, Ultrasone IQ, Senn IE800). 

Oct 7, 2014 at 2:03 AM Post #14,725 of 16,931
My 1964 Ears V6-Stage is universal, so you would think they would do the same for a V3. Also, last I heard they gave a $25 discount code for universals if you contacted them before you order.

Oct 7, 2014 at 9:01 AM Post #14,726 of 16,931
That sounds like the 1964-V3 to me, if you're interested in venturing into custom territory (though I think 1964ears might have universals as well now).

The XBA-H3 is not really what I'd call v-shaped, though it fits the rest of the requirements pretty well. It just isn't very bright, but considering it's a universal and probably easy enough to return, worth trying before spending more IMO. The DN-2000 doesn't have the bass power of the XBA-H3 or even the DN-1000, which could be a deal breaker, but it is brighter than the H3 and a little smoother than the DN-1000.

Not a lot of other higher-end earphones with signatures like these. Most are either less powerful at the low end than something like a DN-1000, not v-shaped, or not <$500 (K3003, Ultrasone IQ, Senn IE800). 

V3 is mid forward, no? What about the Qi?

Xba-h3 isn't v-shaped? That's what the graphs look like. Also reviews keep bragging about the super tweeter.

Oct 7, 2014 at 10:08 AM Post #14,727 of 16,931
Hi Joker,

First of all - thank you for your IEM reviews. I've been using this thread as a resource since buying my first 'proper' earphones. I bought a pair of UM Miracles almost entirely on the strength of your review and have been enjoying them for over a year - I agree with every word of your praise for them.

I would like to ask whether the JH13s are still your highest-regarded customs? Have you been listening to anything that has the potential to knock them off their perch in the near future?

Thanks again for your excellent reviews.

Oct 7, 2014 at 11:05 AM Post #14,728 of 16,931
Guys, I'm looking for an upgrade to the GR07 and GR07BE for ~$200 or less. Was waiting on the VSD7 but since it's unlikely to be released this year, I thought I'd ask around in here. I'd like to find something with equal or better SQ but with better imaging and deeper stage. Signature need not be one to one, but I prefer things with a natural tone, with good deep bass that is controlled and doesn't bleed, clear and present midrange, and treble that is detailed without being too harsh. Some things I've been considering are the DN-1000, Altone200, and CKR9. Are these good upgrades? Anything else I should look into?

Oct 7, 2014 at 1:57 PM Post #14,730 of 16,931
Quote:
Joker and Shawn thank you! Wasn't familiar with that website.

Googled my ass of here. Amazing, ordered it immediately.

Live in the Netherlands so this is perfect.

Just got an email from LMUE about some sales that ends OCT 12:

Among them is VSonic GR02 BE for US$25.82/Euro20.50. Maybe contact them to see if they can refund the difference?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back