1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Multi-IEM Review - 352 IEMs compared (Pump Audio Earphones added 04/03/16 p. 1106)

First

Back
661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 670
672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681
Next

Last
  1. extrabigmehdi
    Quote:
    The eph-100 have more bass than what what is considered neutral. You probably didn't achieve a good seal. Also , there are no way bright.

2. nicholars
    Yeh I did have a good seal... Look at what I am comparing them to... Not neutral... My other headphones, which are not neutral either. It was not so much the brightness that was the problem with the treble it was the extremely short decay times and thin sound of it.

3. ljokerl Contributor
    Quote:

1) yes
    2) yes
    3) no

4. nicholars
    lol thanks for the concise answer, so it would really be either one of the monster turbine headphones or the sennheiser IE80 for a dynamic driver with good sound quality and bass that is not too bright? Dont really want the turbines as they look quite "bling" and also not really a fan of monster as a company + build quality etc... IE80 look good but out of my price range at the moment.... Not sure what other options there are in my price range than the GR07 BE? Maybe I should just keep the Atrios until I can afford the IE80....

5. ljokerl Contributor
    Quote:

Yeah, I would try to find a Miles Davis Tribute. Not sure if they still manufacture it. I haven't heard the IE80 but based on the old IE8 that would also be an option.

6. nicholars
    Are the differences with the GR07 BE small or are they literally a lot less bassy and a lot brighter? Sorry for all the questions but I would have to buy them from hong kong and would be difficult to return them...

For reference I have had the MG7 for a few days and I am finding that even they give me a bit of tinnitus and sound a bit bright if I listen to them for too long... I quite like bright sounding treble but I cannot listen to it without getting tinnitus and ear pain.... Especially sibilance and around 4-10khz range.

7. nicholars
    I think I will just avoid the GR07 then because I even find the MG7 a bit too bright so I dont think the GR07 will be a good idea!

8. ljokerl Contributor
    Quote:

Good plan IMO. The GR07 would definitely be a risky try. 

9. ljokerl Contributor
    Anyone remember the pic that started my original IEM review thread?

humblebeginnings.jpg

Had the chance to take a few photos this week and tried to re-capture the magic:

Throwback1.jpg

I can summarize 3.5 years thusly: much better earphones, much better camera, no improvement in photography skills [​IMG]

10. kaixax555
    Well as an amateur photographer I think it is still good haha

11. dtmhtk
    1284177813831.jpg

12. nicholars
    Do you actually buy all the IEM you review and keep them? Or do you borrow them from people?

13. kaixax555
    Quote:
    He buys some, and he borrows some
    Customs are either bought by himself or a gift from Headfi for his excellent reviews

For those he borrowed he will usually credit the person involved

14. ljokerl Contributor
    Quote:

I buy some, I borrow some, I get some as samples. These days a good chunk are loans from InnerFidelity. Of course almost all of the Head-Fi FOTM ones are still loaners from other Head-Fiers. 

Edit: what kaixax555 said. And yes, two of my most prized sets were actually gifts from the community here. 

15. Deviltooth
    I'm drooling over the picture of all those customs.  In the past 3 years would you say universal IEMs are closing on the sonic quality of customs or that customs continue to improve at an equal pace?

First

Back
661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 670
672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681
Next

Last