Multi-IEM Review - 352 IEMs compared (Pump Audio Earphones added 04/03/16 p. 1106)
Oct 21, 2011 at 11:15 AM Post #4,504 of 16,931

Quote:
Insane dedication, amazing job.

Thanks 
beerchug.gif

Quote:
I was about to go and drop about 300 bucks for an IE8 but hit the brakes when I learned about the upcoming IE80....looking forward to your review on that.

I doubt the IE80 will be available that far below MSRP any time soon. The IE8 might be viable for a bit longer until Sennheiser starts phasing them out for the new model.

Oct 21, 2011 at 6:40 PM Post #4,506 of 16,931
So i got the CC51s, certainly good but for some reason....i think i prefer the M1s right now. Maybe it's true what they say "the soul of music is in the Mids"?
bigsmile_face.gif
Have to try them both with different tips.

Oct 21, 2011 at 9:42 PM Post #4,508 of 16,931
I got my Future Sonics Atrio X and I must say......AMAZING! The soundstage is huge in comparison to the CC51 and it a mixed, yet enhanced version of the CC51 and the SP51, but with deeper and clearer bass and the treble isn't edgy or harsh. The Sound Signature is dark most of the time, but at other times it's kinda bright, yet there is no sibilance or harshness. The sound is very smooth and it's forward with the bass and treble, but the midrange is a bit recessed, although it's on par or slightly more forward than the CC51. The Clarity is excellent and I can hear and distinguish the Male and Female Vocals quite well. It makes me wonder if the X and the M8 use the same drivers. I'll have more by tomorrow.

Oct 21, 2011 at 11:13 PM Post #4,509 of 16,931

Serious dedication that keeps on giving and giving, |joker|.  THE go-to reference indeed.  Everytime I see an iem mentioned, I just go to this thread for all the info.  Not only sound, but accessories, wearing style, cord type, ratings etc. etc. etc....Then you answer questions as well....Simply amazing....Great job...
beerchug.gif

Quote:
I got my Future Sonics Atrio X and I must say......AMAZING! The soundstage is huge in comparison to the CC51 and it a mixed, yet enhanced version of the CC51 and the SP51, but with deeper and clearer bass and the treble isn't edgy or harsh. The Sound Signature is dark most of the time, but at other times it's kinda bright, yet there is no sibilance or harshness. The sound is very smooth and it's forward with the bass and treble, but the midrange is a bit recessed, although it's on par or slightly more forward than the CC51. The Clarity is excellent and I can hear and distinguish the Male and Female Vocals quite well. It makes me wonder if the X and the M8 use the same drivers. I'll have more by tomorrow.

Congratz on your purchase Niyologist...

I like da bass and I hear these have great bass. Are these the MG5?  I see some as 500-030, 500-051, however they all say MG5.  Is there a difference?

Thanks in advance...

Oct 21, 2011 at 11:17 PM Post #4,510 of 16,931

Quote:
Congratz on your purchase Niyologist...

I like da bass and I hear these have great bass. Are these the MG5?  I see some as 500-030, 500-051, however they all say MG5.  Is there a difference?

Thanks in advance...

Thanks HeatFan12. Also, the Atrio X uses Version 1 of the MG5 Drivers, but my ears tell me Version 2.

Oct 21, 2011 at 11:20 PM Post #4,511 of 16,931
The Sub-Bass on the Atrio X is quite an amazing feature from these earphones. The bass doesn't even overshadow the midrange at all, even the bassiest songs I have and it still  doesn't touch it. I'm a huge Hard Dance and Trance fan, so bass and clarity is a must and these IEM's are perfect for the job.
biggrin.gif

Oct 21, 2011 at 11:26 PM Post #4,512 of 16,931

Quote:
The Sub-Bass on the Atrio X is quite an amazing feature from these earphones. It doesn't even touch the midrange at all, even the bassiest songs I have and it still  doesn't touch it. I'm a huge Hard Dance and Trance fan, so bass and clarity is a must and these IEM's are perfect for the job.
biggrin.gif

Thanks...Nice!!!  Well, not for my wallet...I need to get out of this sub-forum...lol  I'm a house & trance fan myself and now I'm really interested...

Here is what I mean on Amazon they all look the same, but have different numbers...Could you point to the ones you purchased?  ANd while I'm at it, might as well ask- j-cord or y-cord?

Thanks a bunch!!

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_i_6_19?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=future+sonics+atrio+x&sprefix=future+sonics+atrio

Oct 21, 2011 at 11:44 PM Post #4,513 of 16,931

Quote:
Thanks...Nice!!!  Well, not for my wallet...I need to get out of this sub-forum...lol  I'm a house & trance fan myself and now I'm really interested...

Here is what I mean on Amazon they all look the same, but have different numbers...Could you point to the ones you purchased?  ANd while I'm at it, might as well ask- j-cord or y-cord?

Thanks a bunch!!

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_i_6_19?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=future+sonics+atrio+x&sprefix=future+sonics+atrio

I would go for 500-030:

http://www.amazon.com/Atrio-Future-Sonic-500-030-FutureSonics/dp/B004X97FXO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1319254893&sr=8-1

I purchased that, but it seems that the price went up, but this is an excellent deal. It's definitely a steal. Also, it's a Y-Cord.

Oct 21, 2011 at 11:53 PM Post #4,514 of 16,931

Quote:
      I would go for 500-030:

http://www.amazon.com/Atrio-Future-Sonic-500-030-FutureSonics/dp/B004X97FXO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1319254893&sr=8-1

I purchased that, but it seems that the price went up, but this is an excellent deal. It's definitely a steal. Also, it's a Y-Cord.

Outstanding N....Thanks very much for your help...I will sleep on it and keep you posted....I need to stop spending $$$....lol

Thanks again

Users who are viewing this thread

Back