Multi-IEM Review - 352 IEMs compared (Pump Audio Earphones added 04/03/16 p. 1106)
Jun 4, 2015 at 9:25 AM Post #15,946 of 16,931
The IM02 is sparkly in treble but it really has no sonic relation to the ck10 imo. It has a lot more bass and much more tame treble in direct comparison. The IM02 is a very nice sounding iem but has more in common with perhaps the Westonre w3 than the ck10. Unfortunaltely there isn't a ck10 successor that I've heard and there may never be one...

Jun 5, 2015 at 12:13 AM Post #15,947 of 16,931
  I wish AT would let you hear their CKR series now that they're available in the US. They're pretty amazing.

Hmm.. that's good news if they're officially carried by AT USA.

The IM02 is sparkly in treble but it really has no sonic relation to the ck10 imo. It has a lot more bass and much more tame treble in direct comparison. The IM02 is a very nice sounding iem but has more in common with perhaps the Westonre w3 than the ck10. Unfortunaltely there isn't a ck10 successor that I've heard and there may never be one...

Hidition NT 6 if you have $1400 laying around 
tongue.gif

Jun 5, 2015 at 9:52 AM Post #15,948 of 16,931
Thank you joker and guys, I think the problem is the headphone cable
Is it possible to replace the cable of my headphones dunu dn-k?
If so, how do I do it?

(Headphone cable of dunu dn-k is very poor , So I understand a score of 5 on the build does not relate to their bad cable, I prefer a weaker construction headphones with cable stronger)

Jun 5, 2015 at 4:18 PM Post #15,949 of 16,931
OP, havent you tried the philips fidelio s2? I've read some great things about them, you get 2 different comply tips with them, seems sweet. costs the same as the momentum in ears where i live.

obviously you've tried them cus you mention them several times, but you didnt review them. What do you think, fidelio s2 vs momentum in ear? 

if anyone else tried them i'd love to hear your opinions too

Jun 5, 2015 at 6:21 PM Post #15,950 of 16,931
OP, havent you tried the philips fidelio s2? I've read some great things about them, you get 2 different comply tips with them, seems sweet. costs the same as the momentum in ears where i live.

obviously you've tried them cus you mention them several times, but you didnt review them. What do you think, fidelio s2 vs momentum in ear? 

|joker| review of S2 is here: http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/philips-fidelio-s1-and-s2-ear-headphones

Jun 5, 2015 at 6:53 PM Post #15,951 of 16,931
Hey Joker, will u ever get around to reviewing a pair of Aurisonics Rockets? U can borrow Tyll's if u have to 
tongue.gif

I already got shotgunshane and james444's opinion on them (the other 2 senpais). It would be much appreciated if u can place them on that lovely board of urs.

Jun 6, 2015 at 3:59 PM Post #15,952 of 16,931
  Thank you joker and guys, I think the problem is the headphone cable
EyuiOL-8ff.jpg
Is it possible to replace the cable of my headphones dunu dn-k?
If so, how do I do it?

(Headphone cable of dunu dn-k is very poor , So I understand a score of 5 on the build does not relate to their bad cable, I prefer a weaker construction headphones with cable stronger)

If you find more info on the mather please let us know, you are not the only one with these problems!

Jun 6, 2015 at 6:08 PM Post #15,953 of 16,931

thx1000 posted the link. For accuracy and neutrlaity - S2. For a bassier, more v-shaped sound signature - Momentum in-ear.

Hey Joker, will u ever get around to reviewing a pair of Aurisonics Rockets? U can borrow Tyll's if u have to 
tongue.gif

I already got shotgunshane and james444's opinion on them (the other 2 senpais). It would be much appreciated if u can place them on that lovely board of urs.

Yes, I just got Tyll's pair. Not sure if I will review them here or on InnerFidelity yet, but I'll get one put up.

Jun 7, 2015 at 6:04 AM Post #15,954 of 16,931
holy crap, i just found this site when researching reshelling http://www.inearcentral.com/

They have custom IEM's for 150 bucks INCLUDING mold. You get the professional kit just like an audiologist uses but you do it yourself, thats why its so cheap. Also has some more expensive once, triple hybrids for around 300 bucks. DIY-kit is extra nice for me cus i live in sweden so its a little difficult to find people who do molds.

After watching a few videos of audiologists doing these molds i feel like it would be easy to do it at home, either myself or get someone else to do it.

Btw do anyone have experience with reshelling their iems? Would it be worth to reshell my shure 535's for 119 bucks?  I wonder if they would sound better than the entry level 150 dollar custom.

thx1000 posted the link. For accuracy and neutrlaity - S2. For a bassier, more v-shaped sound signature - Momentum in-ear.

Yes, I just got Tyll's pair. Not sure if I will review them here or on InnerFidelity yet, but I'll get one put up.

thx man. The s2's seem nice but the semi open design kinda worries me. i like good isolation and i like iems that go deep.

Jun 8, 2015 at 1:32 AM Post #15,957 of 16,931
Hey all,

It's been awhile since I,ve posted, and I need help to make a list of IEMs with detachable cables that suit my musical tastes (see past posts). Any help would be welcome.

I am too lazy to look back, would you mind repeating? And what is your budget?

Jun 8, 2015 at 1:49 AM Post #15,958 of 16,931
(Yes, Metallica, Dream Theater, Queen, Led Zeppelin, Queensryche, Styx, Journey, Beatles, Pink Floyd, Rush, Nine Inch Nails, Mastodon, Alice in Chains, Soundgarden, Dillinger Esc. Plan and many more.)

$250-500

Jun 8, 2015 at 2:07 AM Post #15,959 of 16,931
(Yes, Metallica, Dream Theater, Queen, Led Zeppelin, Queensryche, Styx, Journey, Beatles, Pink Floyd, Rush, Nine Inch Nails, Mastodon, Alice in Chains, Soundgarden, Dillinger Esc. Plan and many more.)

$250-500

Mostly Rock i think, you will enjoy a bit of V shaped signature, i think Inear Stagedriver 3 or SM64 will do good for you. You will like the FLC-8 too, but you will have to tune it to your preference.

Out of these i will say, go for the FLC-8 as it has a widely available universally found cable and it has awesome no. of possible tunings.

Jun 8, 2015 at 8:37 AM Post #15,960 of 16,931
Hi joker,

Until that Velvet review is eventually ready - do you think moving from SM64 to Velvet is worth the cost?

I am looking for a bit more bass (although the SM64 is quite okay) and more loudness (SM64 has terribly high impedance for a portable IEM). 

I am concerned about the fit and comfort, as the Velvet seems bulkier, and also some users reported more sibilance with the Velvet.

Will appreciate your thoughts on this until a full review is ready 
tongue_smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back