Multi-IEM Review - 352 IEMs compared (Pump Audio Earphones added 04/03/16 p. 1106)
Jun 3, 2015 at 1:51 AM Post #15,931 of 16,931
  I have the dunu dn-k and destroyed 's so fast and so I do not want to buy them again.
And dunu dn-k has a lot of bass and excellent sound quality but the bass did not sound quality as I like and is not comfortable.
Someone could recommend something good and comfortable?

Bass not tight enough on the DN-1000? If that's the case probably going to have to either give up some bass quantity in exchange for quality/tightness (e.g. GR07 BE or Philips Fidelio S2) or spend more $$ than the DN-1000 costs (e.g. DN-2000, FLC Technology FLC8, and so on). 

Jun 3, 2015 at 6:11 AM Post #15,932 of 16,931
Wrote a review and made a product page for the Perfect Seal SportBud Silver: http://www.head-fi.org/products/perfect-seal-sportbud-silver/reviews/13284

Owned since December 4th, 2014, $250.

Bang-for-buck CIEM from a little known company to the audiophile circles but experienced in the industry for making custom in-ear monitors for musicians / the music industry. Highly recommended if you listen to mostly popular music genres but can work for anything to my ears. 

Jun 3, 2015 at 6:22 AM Post #15,933 of 16,931

Bass not tight enough on the DN-1000? If that's the case probably going to have to either give up some bass quantity in exchange for quality/tightness (e.g. GR07 BE or Philips Fidelio S2) or spend more $$ than the DN-1000 costs (e.g. DN-2000, FLC Technology FLC8, and so on). 

thenk you very much for you reply.
gr07 you give 9.1 sound quality and dunu dn-k 9.2,I do not want to lose sound quality.
the Technology FLC8 seems very nice ,but expensive so I think or buy back the dunu dn-k or save some money and I'll buy in the future the FLC8.

By the way what do you say about XBA H3 ,IE 8  ,or perfect seal sporbud? People advised me about them and I'm a little confused

Jun 3, 2015 at 10:38 AM Post #15,934 of 16,931
I just got the Sennheiser In Ear Momentum for $100 and like them.  Went on a short (3mi) run this morning and they worked fine - I didn't love the feel of the tips provided when I first put them in but got used to them and they stayed in fine, and trying other tips would be cheap.  Like the sound signature.  

However, I don't know much about IEMs and was wondering how much of a jump in sq I could get if I stretched my budget as I noticed the IE8 is down to $200 on Amazon.  I'm open to other options besides the IE8, that price just caught my eye.  Also interested in the Dunn DN-1000 based on reviews, driver, and in the price range I may be looking at.

Not a basshead, but I like the good bass the In Ear Momentums provide.  I could sacrifice a little bass for warmth/smoothness.  I don't want something that's on the bright end of the spectrum.

I will use these for moderate exercise so comfort, durability/good warranty is important (would need to check to see if Senns great warranty applies to the discontinued IE8 if I go that route).  I like Apple compatibility for volume control and track skipping but not absolutely essential as I won't use the mic -- I realize the ie8i is $260 and could be willing to go up to that price, but that would be the most and would prefer to keep around $200 given they will be used in part for moderate exercise.

Any input is appreciated, particularly if you get a big jump in sq going from $100 to ~$200 in IEMs, or if you really need to go up higher to get substantial improvements

Jun 3, 2015 at 1:57 PM Post #15,936 of 16,931

By the way what do you say about XBA H3 ,IE 8  ,or perfect seal sporbud? People advised me about them and I'm a little confused

Not H3 look for A3, it has better tighter bass and slightly more spark too.

Jun 3, 2015 at 2:20 PM Post #15,937 of 16,931
EyuiOL-8ff.jpg
  Anyone knows where can I order the Universal version of the JH Audio Roxxane? I only see the Custom one. thx.

Check this out; http://www.moon-audio.com/jh-audio-sirens-series-roxanne-universal-iem.html

Jun 3, 2015 at 9:42 PM Post #15,939 of 16,931
Joker, have you tried the Audio Technica ATH-IM02 (or the newish AT series of IEMs)? I'm looking for something to replace my old Brainwavz B2, and most of the TWFK based IEMs are discontinued, but it seems that the ATH-IM02 is a similarly tuned IEM – wondering if you've tried it...

Jun 3, 2015 at 10:50 PM Post #15,940 of 16,931
gr07 you give 9.1 sound quality and dunu dn-k 9.2,I do not want to lose sound quality.
the Technology FLC8 seems very nice ,but expensive so I think or buy back the dunu dn-k or save some money and I'll buy in the future the FLC8.

The earphones fitting your needs/sound preferences is much more important than some number assigned to the earphones by a random headphone geek on the interwebs 
wink.gif

If the GR07's sound seems like it will resolve the issues you have with the DN-1000, it may be an upgrade for you (but perhaps not for someone else).

The H3 and IE8 have more boomy bass than the DN-1000, so probably not an upgrade in this case. The SportBud has good bass quality but lower quantity (closer to GR07 than DN-1000). Again, if you are willing to give up some bass quantity for quality you have more options than if you want to maintain bass enhancement similar to the DN-1000.

I just got the Sennheiser In Ear Momentum for $100 and like them.  Went on a short (3mi) run this morning and they worked fine - I didn't love the feel of the tips provided when I first put them in but got used to them and they stayed in fine, and trying other tips would be cheap.  Like the sound signature.  

However, I don't know much about IEMs and was wondering how much of a jump in sq I could get if I stretched my budget as I noticed the IE8 is down to $200 on Amazon.  I'm open to other options besides the IE8, that price just caught my eye.  Also interested in the Dunn DN-1000 based on reviews, driver, and in the price range I may be looking at.

Not a basshead, but I like the good bass the In Ear Momentums provide.  I could sacrifice a little bass for warmth/smoothness.  I don't want something that's on the bright end of the spectrum.

I will use these for moderate exercise so comfort, durability/good warranty is important (would need to check to see if Senns great warranty applies to the discontinued IE8 if I go that route).  I like Apple compatibility for volume control and track skipping but not absolutely essential as I won't use the mic -- I realize the ie8i is $260 and could be willing to go up to that price, but that would be the most and would prefer to keep around $200 given they will be used in part for moderate exercise.

Any input is appreciated, particularly if you get a big jump in sq going from $100 to ~$200 in IEMs, or if you really need to go up higher to get substantial improvements

The Momentum is a pretty good earphone - you're more likely to get a jump by simply finding a sound tuning you enjoy more than something that's strictly better by some arbitrary measure. It does seem like the IE8 will fit your needs better, being warmer and smoother than the Momentum in-ear. The DN-1000 won't give you that, which means it won't be an upgrade in this case. I tend to like the Yamaha EPH-100 better than the IE8, but there's no headset version of that and I wouldn't use it for sports due to lack of replaceable cable and (probably) any sort of sweat resistance. 

Joker, have you tried the Audio Technica ATH-IM02 (or the newish AT series of IEMs)? I'm looking for something to replace my old Brainwavz B2, and most of the TWFK based IEMs are discontinued, but it seems that the ATH-IM02 is a similarly tuned IEM – wondering if you've tried it...

Only the IM50 briefly, and I own the CKX5. Neither is a CK10 successor 
redface.gif

Jun 4, 2015 at 3:12 AM Post #15,942 of 16,931
So if you buy the JH16 from Moon Audio here: http://www.moon-audio.com/jh16-pro-custom-in-ear-monitors.html
Do you have to send in your impressions? Or it's already been custom and Moon audio is just selling it as is?

Jun 4, 2015 at 5:34 AM Post #15,943 of 16,931
  So if you buy the JH16 from Moon Audio here: http://www.moon-audio.com/jh16-pro-custom-in-ear-monitors.html
Do you have to send in your impressions? Or it's already been custom and Moon audio is just selling it as is?

You will be required to send in your ear impressions. The IEM shell will be custom moulded to fit your ear canals.
You can customize the shell color/artwork and it's opacity.

Jun 4, 2015 at 8:26 AM Post #15,944 of 16,931

I wldn't call it as expensive, with 36 different sound tuning .....you will be thrown at a "confused state" to figure out/narrow down the sounds that suits you, as you will discover /  end up having multiple preferred sounds (to your taste) with those tunings....

so, given it's price tag it's relatively cheap to the similar priced "fixed sound" triple hybrid IEMs....oh btw, the RC is a nice + and to double it further, it's a tf10 compatible.... :p

Jun 4, 2015 at 8:47 AM Post #15,945 of 16,931

Only the IM50 briefly, and I own the CKX5. Neither is a CK10 successor 
redface.gif

Ah, I was thinking of the ATH-IM02 as that is supposedly a bright and detail-oriented DBA IEM. The IM50 and IM70 are both dynamic driver IEMs, whereas the IM01 is a single BA, IM02 is a dual BA, IM03 triple BA, IM04 quadruple BA. So I'd think the IM0x would be a whole different game than the IMx0. Here's the review I'm going off of – I think I'll take the plunge for myself with the IM02.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back