Multi-IEM Review - 352 IEMs compared (Pump Audio Earphones added 04/03/16 p. 1106)
May 1, 2015 at 1:42 AM Post #15,828 of 16,931
So I'm burning in my vsd3s and all over I hear something around 250 hours. Is this 250 accumulated, or 250 hours STRAIGHT? If I do 250 hours of pink noise straight is that OK? Or will it damage the drivers or something?

May 1, 2015 at 2:08 AM Post #15,830 of 16,931
So I'm burning in my vsd3s and all over I hear something around 250 hours. Is this 250 accumulated, or 250 hours STRAIGHT? If I do 250 hours of pink noise straight is that OK? Or will it damage the drivers or something?

No no, not straight, do it in 8-10 hours sessions, moderate volume, mix it with pink and white noise, give some break in between, i dont think it needs 250 hours, 100 should do it, or just listen to your music. It will burn itself.
 Reviewers need processes like these, some times they dont have much time and have multiple phone in their hand and they do it often, not you, just listen to your music, why leave a new earphone alone. Use it as you should and burn it while you are asleep.

May 1, 2015 at 2:13 AM Post #15,831 of 16,931
Also, what is all the fuss about "good" pink noise and pink noise generators? Aren't there millions of youtube pink noise videos? Im using the ten hour one and now im scared its just static...

Dont bother about these noises, just play your usual music, make a small playlist of different genre you listen and play them in a loop for burning. But still you can obtain some white and pink noise wav files, just loop it, dont have to be 10 hrs long.

May 2, 2015 at 6:48 PM Post #15,833 of 16,931

In this case probably not a better fit for you than the DN-1000s. I compared them here: http://theheadphonelist.com/headphone_review/dunu-dn-2000/

Yep, that review is in the works! 

Sorry to keep flooding the thread with questions, but how do the Sennheiser IE8s/IE80s stack up against the DUNUs overall? The reason I'm asking is that both are around my budget and Sennheiser is just a more recognizable audio brand for me. Also the IE8s are some of the highest rated headphones in the in-ear category on the site. Amazon has 5 in stock, and I plan on buying whatever I get from Amazon, since I have a gift card.

-Krad

May 3, 2015 at 2:51 AM Post #15,835 of 16,931

Sorry to keep flooding the thread with questions, but how do the Sennheiser IE8s/IE80s stack up against the DUNUs overall? The reason I'm asking is that both are around my budget and Sennheiser is just a more recognizable audio brand for me. Also the IE8s are some of the highest rated headphones in the in-ear category on the site. Amazon has 5 in stock, and I plan on buying whatever I get from Amazon, since I have a gift card.

-Krad

The Sennheisers have been around a lot longer and there was much, much less competition when they were introduced, so they had time to build up a huge following. They're a warmer, smoother sort of earphone versus the brighter, livelier DN-1000s. The Senns are fine if you need a major brand, but they don't really offer anything over a cheaper RHA MA750i or Yamaha EPH-100 in terms of sound, and aren't very similar to the DN-1000. 

How do the RHA MA750i compare to the VSD3S? I would actually like a T10i but its a little out of my budget.

The MA750 is warmer, bassier, and smoother than the VSD3S, at the expense of being a bit more bloated and less crisp. It still sounds pretty natural, though, especially the smoother highs. The T10i is even bassier than that, which is one of the reasons I prefer the MA750. 

May 3, 2015 at 2:56 AM Post #15,836 of 16,931
Would you consider the Ma750 a direct upgrade from the VSD3S? Im just lurking around not because i am dissatisfied with the VSD3S, i love them, but it kinda became a pursuit of perfection! *wallet emptying intensifies*
I like the bass quality and quantity, and the highs. I guess I like V shaped IEM's. Any suggestions for an upgrade from Vsd3s? This is not in the immediate future so things like the Havi B6(what happened to that thread) could be a viable option too.

May 3, 2015 at 3:48 AM Post #15,837 of 16,931
Would you consider the Ma750 a direct upgrade from the VSD3S? Im just lurking around not because i am dissatisfied with the VSD3S, i love them, but it kinda became a pursuit of perfection! *wallet emptying intensifies*
I like the bass quality and quantity, and the highs. I guess I like V shaped IEM's. Any suggestions for an upgrade from Vsd3s? This is not in the immediate future so things like the Havi B6(what happened to that thread) could be a viable option too.

No, not the havi, look over this price range, Try looking at the DN-1k. It can be an upgrade to VSD3S.

May 3, 2015 at 3:56 AM Post #15,838 of 16,931
Havi B6 Pirate isnt expected to be an upgrade to vsd3s? Isnt there a dual dynamic version as well? It should be out soon I should think(and hope) because it got delayed from Jan 2015, right? and now its May. And if my wallet was big enough for Dunu 1k i might as well go a bit further for T10, based on reviews on both of them(bass+ and filters are cool!) To me, the T10's really are aesthetically breathtaking while I feel like the Vsd3s look better than the Dunu 1k. Not that its about aesthetics, of course.

May 3, 2015 at 4:08 AM Post #15,839 of 16,931
Havi B6 Pirate isnt expected to be an upgrade to vsd3s? Isnt there a dual dynamic version as well? It should be out soon I should think(and hope) because it got delayed from Jan 2015, right? and now its May. And if my wallet was big enough for Dunu 1k i might as well go a bit further for T10, based on reviews on both of them(bass+ and filters are cool!) To me, the T10's really are aesthetically breathtaking while I feel like the Vsd3s look better than the Dunu 1k. Not that its about aesthetics, of course.

Who knows how the B6 will be, bass was lean on B3 and it can be the same here. And tuning faults cant be ignored. If you are after bass and nothing else bothers you then T10 is good. Filter or no filter, T10 as far as i know is not worth my money.

May 3, 2015 at 5:07 PM Post #15,840 of 16,931
Would you consider the Ma750 a direct upgrade from the VSD3S? 

No, in my mind to be called a direct upgrade over something else an earphone should have the same/pretty similar sound signature.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back