Multi-IEM Review - 352 IEMs compared (Pump Audio Earphones added 04/03/16 p. 1106)
Apr 27, 2015 at 7:58 PM Post #15,811 of 16,931
I think my issue with the T10is may have stemmed from their eartips. I have big ear canals and currently use the large comply tips with my S4s, but none of the included RHA tips were large. I looked at the guide, and, in the price range, the custom art headphones seemed to be the best, but I'd figured I'd ask you guys just to get some other opinions. I may end up giving the T10s another shot though. Do you know if the T10is and the T10s have any difference other than the mic? I have an Android, so the in-line controls and mic often don't work.

Thanks for the help! 

Apr 27, 2015 at 8:05 PM Post #15,812 of 16,931
I have not tested the T10is honestly (I got the T10s since I never use mics haha)

But the T10s do come with large eartips, 2 pairs of each size actually. The insertion depth is quite deep compared to the S4s I think, perhaps you could see if that was the problem?

And I have never used customs personally, so I don't quite have an opinion on them However, based off of ljokerl's review they seem like an excellent value! I didn't get customs only because the molding process is a bit tedious, and I don't have the time as a college student. They also need to be remolded every few years from what I have read. But those are the only downsides, and if you want to try them I would say go for it!

Apr 27, 2015 at 8:35 PM Post #15,813 of 16,931
I only tried the silicone tips, so they may not have been quite as nice and grippy as the foam tips. And that's what was turning me off the customs. Being a college student myself, I just don't have the time, especially since traffic is crazy where I live, so I'd rather not go through that process.

Apr 27, 2015 at 8:39 PM Post #15,814 of 16,931
Ah, I gotcha! Based on what I read it could take over a month (Like with the Noble customs, a highly reputable brand)

I use silicon tips (very hard to get a consistent fit IMO)

The included foam tips with the T10s didn't seem to do it for me, they didn't act as I expected. Perhaps they might be better with complies?

Apr 27, 2015 at 11:34 PM Post #15,815 of 16,931
  Hey guys, I'm a long-time lurker and I'd like to say that you guys are great for helping with headphone research. Right now I'm looking to upgrade from my Klipsch Image S4s to a better pair of IEMs. I tested the RHA T10is, which had great build quality, but just seemed to be missing something as far as sound went. I'm looking for a pair of warm, bassy IEMs less than $250. Any ideas? I've heard great things about the SE215s, but I'm not sure if they're enough of a step-up from the S4s to be worth it.

If you liked those S4 highs, which can get harsh and sibilant, you should go for VSD5, It wont be that much bassy, but far better, you can consider VSD3 for some more bass. If you are looking for a different signature with some bass emphasis, i think IM-50 will be nice.

But if you can do $250, why not go for the DN-1k. Bassy, superb quality , fantastic detailing and will be a few steps over S4. But if you do that, you will have to give it some time, time to adjust to that amount of details unless you have some thing similar.

Apr 28, 2015 at 1:22 AM Post #15,816 of 16,931

If you liked those S4 highs, which can get harsh and sibilant, you should go for VSD5, It wont be that much bassy, but far better, you can consider VSD3 for some more bass. If you are looking for a different signature with some bass emphasis, i think IM-50 will be nice.

But if you can do $250, why not go for the DN-1k. Bassy, superb quality , fantastic detailing and will be a few steps over S4. But if you do that, you will have to give it some time, time to adjust to that amount of details unless you have some thing similar.

By the DN-1ks, do you mean the Dunu DN-1000s? They're around $180 on Amazon, so I'm guessing that's a good deal then. How do you think they stack up to the T10s and, while we're at it, the GR07-BEs? All three are in the same price range and, while the T10s definitely seem to pull ahead in build quality, I'm not sure how they stack up to the two sound-wise. I've seen a lot of really mixed reviews on the T10s, and, since I haven't tried them with a proper set of tips, I don't have a 100% solid answer on the sound.

Apr 28, 2015 at 3:13 AM Post #15,817 of 16,931

By the DN-1ks, do you mean the Dunu DN-1000s? They're around $180 on Amazon, so I'm guessing that's a good deal then. How do you think they stack up to the T10s and, while we're at it, the GR07-BEs? All three are in the same price range and, while the T10s definitely seem to pull ahead in build quality, I'm not sure how they stack up to the two sound-wise. I've seen a lot of really mixed reviews on the T10s, and, since I haven't tried them with a proper set of tips, I don't have a 100% solid answer on the sound.

I dont know much about T10s, Never been exposed to them, but i can tell you that they have their ups and downs, i have seen people who are not much happy with its performance, But Dn-1000 is superb, hard to find a guy who dislikes them (not those who havent tried), Same goes for the GR07 but one can complain about its Bass still being enough for bass lovers, bur DN-1k has bigger bass to bosst.

Out of these 3 i will go for Dn-1k any day, i love balance, but i will still take it because its bass is fast, decay is good.

Apr 28, 2015 at 5:05 AM Post #15,818 of 16,931
  Hey guys, I'm a long-time lurker and I'd like to say that you guys are great for helping with headphone research. Right now I'm looking to upgrade from my Klipsch Image S4s to a better pair of IEMs. I tested the RHA T10is, which had great build quality, but just seemed to be missing something as far as sound went. I'm looking for a pair of warm, bassy IEMs less than $250. Any ideas? I've heard great things about the SE215s, but I'm not sure if they're enough of a step-up from the S4s to be worth it.

The RHA MA750 may not have as much bass as the T10, but is a more well-rounded and arguably more natural-sounding warm IEM. It is also quite good value - better than the T10 IMO. The Yamaha EPH-100 would be my other recommendation.

The DN-1000 would also be a very good option - a little less bassy and brighter, but not far removed from the v-shaped tuning of the S4.

The T10s have more bass, and if you need that level of enhancement you may not find anything better, but I personally prefer the sets above.

Apr 28, 2015 at 3:06 PM Post #15,819 of 16,931
The RHA MA750 may not have as much bass as the T10, but is a more well-rounded and arguably more natural-sounding warm IEM. It is also quite good value - better than the T10 IMO. The Yamaha EPH-100 would be my other recommendation.

The DN-1000 would also be a very good option - a little less bassy and brighter, but not far removed from the v-shaped tuning of the S4.

The T10s have more bass, and if you need that level of enhancement you may not find anything better, but I personally prefer the sets above.

I know they go a bit over the price range I quoted, but how do the dn-2ks compare with the dn-1ks?

Apr 29, 2015 at 4:22 AM Post #15,821 of 16,931
I know they go a bit over the price range I quoted, but how do the dn-2ks compare with the dn-1ks?

In this case probably not a better fit for you than the DN-1000s. I compared them here: http://theheadphonelist.com/headphone_review/dunu-dn-2000/

Any plans on reviewing the EarSonics Velvet? I see you compared them with the Gorilla GX-4b

Yep, that review is in the works! 

Apr 29, 2015 at 7:09 AM Post #15,822 of 16,931
  Any plans on reviewing the EarSonics Velvet? I see you compared them with the Gorilla GX-4b

Yep, that review is in the works! 

Awesome.

@oldschool average_joe has recently posted a very good review of the Velvet, in case you've missed it.
http://theheadphonelist.com/ciem_review/earsonics-velvet-in-ear-monitor-review/

Apr 29, 2015 at 7:14 AM Post #15,823 of 16,931

Awesome.

@oldschool average_joe has recently posted a very good review of the Velvet, in case you've missed it.
http://theheadphonelist.com/ciem_review/earsonics-velvet-in-ear-monitor-review/

Thanks, I know, I am also interested in ljokerl's review for the sake of consistently comparing Velvet with the SM64 across all features

Apr 30, 2015 at 11:44 PM Post #15,825 of 16,931
  Has anyone tried the Shure SE215 limited edition and the SE315? Currently have an order with Massdrop for the SE215 LE, but I'm wondering if it'd be worth getting the SE315 for just a little bit more.

If you want bass then no, Se215 is bassy and has enough rumble, 315 is good too but its slightly more balanced, with more details to it. If you are after Sq you should go for 315 but it tends to distort at extreme volume.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back