Multi-Custom In-Ear Monitor Review, Resource, Mfg List & Discussion (Check first post for review links & information)
Oct 5, 2013 at 3:36 PM Post #3,391 of 4,841
Well... he has some very intriguing project going on and I'm very curious to see the effects :)

I suspect it involves the use of a pointy hat.

Oct 5, 2013 at 3:49 PM Post #3,392 of 4,841
I suspect it involves the use of a pointy hat.

Better that than a sleeve!
evil_smiley.gif

Oct 5, 2013 at 3:52 PM Post #3,393 of 4,841
Better that than a sleeve! :evil:

We call that a rubber over here and I wouldn't touch that product with my ten foot pole. :p

Oct 6, 2013 at 8:57 PM Post #3,394 of 4,841
Wondering if someone could help me out with choosing a CIEM. My price range is up to $1000, with the maker being in the US or at least not having to ship outside the US (so UM would be fine in this case). Reason is if the reshelling has difficulties, I don't have to deal with tons of shipping, nor do I want to run into customs costs.

I'm looking for something that has great clarity, especially in the mids and vocals, that isn't too bright. I'd say a slightly mid-forward signature would be ideal. I don't want anything too warm either. A supercharged Ety HF5 would be great actually. I owned the Heir 4.Ai and currently own the FitEar F111 and those have probably been my favorite universals. I also liked the Westone UM3X, but thought the W4 was a bit too thick and not clear enough. As for bass, neutrality would be fine, as would a slight emphasis, but I'm by no means a basshead, so something like the JH16 is likely out of the question. I'm also not a fan of V-shaped IEMs, which leaves me reluctant about quite a few of these. I mainly listen to indie rock, with some hip-hop.

I have a few IEMs in mind: the Dream Earz 8X, UM Miracle (although I'm a bit worried about the laid-back mids), 1964 Ears V6, and the Westone ES5. I'm leaning towards the 8X or the Miracles, but I'm not certain. Anyone have any suggestions?

Oct 6, 2013 at 11:25 PM Post #3,398 of 4,841

It's funny - as I've mentioned previously, I personally do not find the Miracles to have laid-back mids at all.

Miracles do not have laid back mids but neither are they mid centric.

The Miracles might be exactly what I'm looking for then. I actually had them as the top choice to begin with, but then I did more research and cooled on them a bit.

Quote:
  I'd add the JH13 to the list.

I didn't consider the JH13 because I heard it's rather V-shaped in it's response. I don't really like having the vocals and mids overshadowed by other frequencies. But, I have heard good things about them, so is this not too bad?

Oct 7, 2013 at 12:30 AM Post #3,401 of 4,841

The Miracles might be exactly what I'm looking for then. I actually had them as the top choice to begin with, but then I did more research and cooled on them a bit.

Quote:
  I'd add the JH13 to the list.

I didn't consider the JH13 because I heard it's rather V-shaped in it's response. I don't really like having the vocals and mids overshadowed by other frequencies. But, I have heard good things about them, so is this not too bad?

I don't think it's "V-shaped" in its response.  But if you're leaning toward the Miracles, go for it.

Oct 7, 2013 at 5:41 AM Post #3,402 of 4,841

It's not V shaped at all~ and it's no where close to V shaped, especially the new FP model. JH13 FP is not mid recessed and the overall presentation is actually a little bit forward, the vocals are placed quite well. If you like "smooth" vocal, I would actually suggest it.

Although it's very detailed, JH13 has a special sound tuning, it's combination of upper mid and lower/mid treble doesn't provide the best transparency and the most accurate imaging. If you like it, you might think it's one of the best, if you don't, you might find the bass is a bit strange and the presentation isn't neutral enough.

Oct 7, 2013 at 11:08 AM Post #3,405 of 4,841
Now there are both acrylic and silicone shell options for most CIEMs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back