Multi-Custom In-Ear Monitor Review, Resource, Mfg List & Discussion (Check first post for review links & information)
Sep 9, 2013 at 7:18 PM Post #3,361 of 4,841
....I'm not quite worried about the manufacturer or budget, no quite as much, but yeah, I never really wanted to go overdrive, so, thanks,...
size]

Being a member at head-fi, especially if subscribed to this thread, there is quite a risk "to go overdrive" I'm afraid! :wink:

Sep 10, 2013 at 12:34 AM Post #3,362 of 4,841
Oh, WOW... Such a nice review and comparison... Look, I am yet to get my first ever custom, and am looking for one... I love neutral 'phones, not that flat, but rather more focused on the treble and detail... I'm looking for CRYSTAL CLEAR and ULTRA-DETAILED sound, without too much bass... I've decided that it could be a bit 'sharp' since I wanted detail, but I never wanted to go overdrive, so I was wondering if any of you could recommend me anything... I'm not quite worried about the manufacturer or budget, no quite as much, but yeah, I never really wanted to go overdrive, so, thanks,...
smily_headphones1.gif

Hidition NT6 Pro. Get it, your ears will worship you forever.

Actually, with the "without too much bass" comment has NT-6 written all over it, not NT-6 pro.  And then get the Whiplash Hybrid V3 cable with it, which pushes the clarity past the NT-6 pro!

I can see what sound signature you are after, but to avoid misunderstandings - what headphones (any - be it iem or full size) have you heard so far and which had the sound you're after?

@joe
i haven't bought proper speakers so far so i wouldn't know which system is cheaper.. btw..I'll be able to listen to a stax system in the near future - it will be an interesting comparison I think. did you have the chance to listen to a hd 800 or he-6?

I have heard the HD800, but not the HE-6 and own the LCD-2.

Being a member at head-fi, especially if subscribed to this thread, there is quite a risk "to go overdrive" I'm afraid! :wink:

There are hobbies that are much more expensive than this one.  I have a friend that bought 2 jet skis and a hauler recently because he is done with his dirt bike riding hobby after a bone-breaking spill.

Sep 10, 2013 at 12:52 AM Post #3,363 of 4,841

Actually, with the "without too much bass" comment has NT-6 written all over it, not NT-6 pro.  And then get the Whiplash Hybrid V3 cable with it, which pushes the clarity past the NT-6 pro!

Is there any cable that will make the nt6 pros clearer than the nt6s again? Or does the whiplash just make the nt6 better than the pro? Maybe I should tell hidition to switch my pro order to the regular nt6?

Sep 10, 2013 at 9:50 AM Post #3,365 of 4,841
I can see what sound signature you are after, but to avoid misunderstandings - what headphones (any - be it iem or full size) have you heard so far and which had the sound you're after?

@joe
i haven't bought proper speakers so far so i wouldn't know which system is cheaper.. btw..I'll be able to listen to a stax system in the near future - it will be an interesting comparison I think. did you have the chance to listen to a hd 800 or he-6?

Woah, guys, as my name suggests, I'm still a rookie, which means I'm not even an average audiophile, but from my experiences, I'd be looking for a custom version of the Heir Audio 4.Ai (except the 4.A itself), and maybe the sound quality to be multiplied proportionally... and one more thing, since I'm not even a standard audiophile, I have no chance of hearing the HD800 or anything else, not headphones, that's for sure...

Sep 11, 2013 at 2:19 AM Post #3,370 of 4,841
A few updates...the Fit-Ear PS-5 review is here, and some additional sources are in house.

I just received the DX50, so I really can't comment just yet other than it seems nice upon first use.

The AK120 is quite impressive in many ways, from the size to the interface to the speed to the memory capability.  I will post more thoughts after I get some more ear time with it.

Sep 11, 2013 at 3:09 AM Post #3,371 of 4,841
  A few updates...the Fit-Ear PS-5 review is here, and some additional sources are in house.

I just received the DX50, so I really can't comment just yet other than it seems nice upon first use.

The AK120 is quite impressive in many ways, from the size to the interface to the speed to the memory capability.  I will post more thoughts after I get some more ear time with it.

Wow, both ciem and daps are very exciting AJ. Looking forward to read your impressions about the sources.

Sep 11, 2013 at 6:51 AM Post #3,372 of 4,841

wow. surprised you skipped 901 :wink:

Sep 11, 2013 at 4:19 PM Post #3,374 of 4,841

Thanks, Joe, you might recall I asked head-fiers about the PS5, 18 months or so ago

http://www.head-fi.org/t/593594/fitear-mh334-vs-fit-ear-ps-5-can-anyone-shed-any-light-on-this-please

and I recall you briefly remarking, a few months back, on having heard the PS5, but it's nice to finally see a full review of it
smile.gif

I must say, the MPD (multi-purpose device) sounds like an interesting product, albeit not one for the purists here on Head-fi...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back