Multi-Custom In-Ear Monitor Review, Resource, Mfg List & Discussion (Check first post for review links & information)
Oct 31, 2011 at 6:53 AM Post #588 of 4,841
hello, im new here, hope I didnt post at wrong place...

I am planning to buy a new iem, my budget isnt munch, so I want to buy hippo 10 or sennheiser cx300-II
I like tight bass, detail, and good sound stage (well at least from the choices that I made)

so, anybody here knows which iem suits me well? and if you know please tell me the sound signature as well. 
Thank you

Nov 1, 2011 at 1:17 AM Post #589 of 4,841

Quote:
Thank you for answering =) Don´t know if my ears are big enough for the SE-5. Should hear about that today.

Did you find out?

Quote:
really looking forward to your impressions about the Hidition 6 driver 5 way crossover. 

wink.gif

Quote:

I am planning to buy a new iem, my budget isnt munch, so I want to buy hippo 10 or sennheiser cx300-II
I like tight bass, detail, and good sound stage (well at least from the choices that I made)

so, anybody here knows which iem suits me well? and if you know please tell me the sound signature as well. 
Thank you

Welcome to head-fi.  A good place to read about lower budget IEMs and ask questions is here.

Nov 2, 2011 at 4:59 AM Post #591 of 4,841
^ same here. I think Grezgorz is swamped with orders at the moment; he is also waiting for components (custom iem parts) to arrive... Yet to hear him since my impressions arrive on 14 September. Grezgorz said to wait patiently for his reply.

Nov 2, 2011 at 6:46 AM Post #592 of 4,841

The Sflo2 may be the answer for you. The bass is very lean and tight and it has more emphasis on the treble. Probably would bring balance to your Starkeys. T51 would be the actual player as they no longer make the Sflo2 (same device).
Quote:
Yeah...

I've had my AHA-120 for a week, using my iTouch and Fiio L3 lod...

The AHA-120 with 12db gain seems to be a good match powerwise, and at my normal listening volume im at about 12-1 o'clock, but i guess my iTouchs 1V output isnt the highest...

The iTouch amped dosnt really do my Starkey's any justice, and the resolution is not that good as if the Starkeys just should be able to deliver more...

I do think i need to get a refit, as my right custom still hurts my internals, but my refit period is over and if it dosnt change soon, then ill try do get it done locally, i feel it only needs to get a small tweak to fit correctly...

My left is easy to get into place, the right is hurting before its in place, and the more i try to force it to fit right the more pain.. :frowning2:

The bass is still a bit excessive with the switch on, and i cant just turn it on with different tracks that needs a boost, as i always focuse on it to much when i know its on...

Midrange and Highs dont stand out, and i would have liked a more forward sound...

Using the Presence switch as it says lifts mainly the midrange, but i need a lift in both the mid and highs to balance out the thicker bass with the switch on..

Im on a dap hunt now, the Hisoundaudio is the one id like to try, but main issues are the lack of storage mainly (only up to 16gb ext, and that is sometimes also a problem) and the silly ui, but its not too expensive for me to try, and im not really impressed with the sound i get right now...

Nov 2, 2011 at 4:01 PM Post #593 of 4,841

Quote:
The Sflo2 may be the answer for you. The bass is very lean and tight and it has more emphasis on the treble. Probably would bring balance to your Starkeys. T51 would be the actual player as they no longer make the Sflo2 (same device).

I had the T51 on my mind too but u cant get it in europe, only through asia..

But its Chinese/Korean players that rule the dap industri anyway, so if i want a dap now i guess there isnt any other way then importing one, Hisound is the only on currently available in the uk, but we have a seller here in dk now too that later on could supply Hisound daps if they come up with a better product in the future...

In my case with the Starkey's -  Im going to the local hearing aid company tomorrow morning and get them to look at my Right custom, as explained by Starkey through their FAQ on their site, my issue might be resolved with a sanding of the lower part near the soundtubes, as this is rubbing on my internals, and the isolation seems fine from the start as i also asked about in what way impressions are best preformed...

Link to my questions and answers --> http://inearmonitoring.wordpress.com/faq/#comment-113

I changed the soundtubes, and the grill seems different and holes bigger, so when i hopefully get the sanding issue done, i should be able to do my final judgement with the current gear i have..

Nov 2, 2011 at 4:03 PM Post #594 of 4,841

Quote:
I sent in my impressions for the SA43 3 weeks ago but the impressions were not good, so I had them retaken yesterday and sent it in for a second time. 

Hem, do you find the bass lacking with the switch off and how big of a difference does the presence switch make?

Sorry I missed this reply, but my later reply's to average_joe explains what my initial issues with sound and fit also, but ill be back with more impressions later...

Nov 2, 2011 at 11:50 PM Post #595 of 4,841
I should be getting the new Hisoundaudio ROCOO D power which is made for high sensitivity IEMs.  I could use the Studio with an amp, but I thought the player should not need an amp.

And looking forward to your impressions Hemshemems and also those of any other owners.

Nov 3, 2011 at 3:15 AM Post #598 of 4,841
Yeah that cable looks pretty shoddy to be honest. One of the things that surprised me about the UERM is the cable is super nice and you have to really try to get it tangled.

Nov 3, 2011 at 4:31 AM Post #599 of 4,841

Quote:
I should be getting the new Hisoundaudio ROCOO D power which is made for high sensitivity IEMs.  I could use the Studio with an amp, but I thought the player should not need an amp.

And looking forward to your impressions Hemshemems and also those of any other owners.

Well im sending them back to Norway, as the local company has no tools for this and aswell as sanding the marked spot that causes the pain, the Right custom needs to be respayed with the clear coating too..

I hope i can get them back before i leave again to work next week, or get them sent to UK if the refit takes to long...

How does the Studio-V cope powerwise when driving the SA-43?

Nov 3, 2011 at 4:59 AM Post #600 of 4,841

Quote:

Thank you

Wrong thread mate, this is custom IEM thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Back