Multi-Custom In-Ear Monitor Review, Resource, Mfg List & Discussion (Check first post for review links & information)
Nov 3, 2011 at 9:41 AM Post #601 of 4,841

Quote:
Oh finally the nt6 has arrived. I've been waiting for your review on nt6 for ages. But the cable does not impress me much. Wondering how it will be compared to the uerm and ls8
biggrin.gif

Quote:
Yeah that cable looks pretty shoddy to be honest. One of the things that surprised me about the UERM is the cable is super nice and you have to really try to get it tangled.

I haven't had much ear time with them so other than a generic "they sound very good" it will be a while longer before the review is published.  The cable is not bad IMO and not shoddy.  Sure, the UERM cable may be better, but that is the best stock custom IEM cable I have seen.  The NT6 cable seems to be pretty tangle resistant.

Quote:
Well im sending them back to Norway, as the local company has no tools for this and aswell as sanding the marked spot that causes the pain, the Right custom needs to be respayed with the clear coating too..

I hope i can get them back before i leave again to work next week, or get them sent to UK if the refit takes to long...

How does the Studio-V cope powerwise when driving the SA-43?

I am actually sending the Studio-V back.  I wasn't impressed with the combination of the Studio V and SA-43, hopefully the ROCOO D will be better as it is designed for higher sensitivity BAs according to Hisoundaudio.  It is too bad the original RoCoo A isn't available anymore as that would be a good fit for you as it has a leaner and brighter presentation.

Nov 3, 2011 at 10:02 AM Post #602 of 4,841

Quote:
I am actually sending the Studio-V back.  I wasn't impressed with the combination of the Studio V and SA-43, hopefully the ROCOO D will be better as it is designed for higher sensitivity BAs according to Hisoundaudio.  It is too bad the original RoCoo A isn't available anymore as that would be a good fit for you as it has a leaner and brighter presentation.

Well i changed the soundtubes as i wrote, and it looked like a tighter mesh compared to the new tubes, so i hope a refit and the new tubes will bring the mid and high more forward too...

I didnt ask about another tuning for the Starkeys, but i feel i need a brighter sound that brings a more resolution to the bass with the switch on, and a switch for mid and highs getting more forward with a switch too, the presence switch is more a tool for songbirds that need to hear if their ego matches their song talent..

But i think im gonna prefer the sound with all the switches off as of now, but the bass switch is more usefull then the presence for music listening..

Nov 4, 2011 at 5:32 AM Post #604 of 4,841
excuse me, what's the original price of the nt6, Joe?
Some friends of mine are working in South Korea so I think I could avoid tax by receiving it as a gift :D (i'm not in US, too)

P/s: can we customize the color and the printed image of the shell?

Nov 4, 2011 at 10:04 AM Post #605 of 4,841

Quote:
Well i changed the soundtubes as i wrote, and it looked like a tighter mesh compared to the new tubes, so i hope a refit and the new tubes will bring the mid and high more forward too...

I didnt ask about another tuning for the Starkeys, but i feel i need a brighter sound that brings a more resolution to the bass with the switch on, and a switch for mid and highs getting more forward with a switch too, the presence switch is more a tool for songbirds that need to hear if their ego matches their song talent..

But i think im gonna prefer the sound with all the switches off as of now, but the bass switch is more usefull then the presence for music listening..

Changed the sound tubes?  Are you referring to the filters at the tips of the sound tubes?

And the presence switch to me makes the SA-43 somewhat SE535ish!
Quote:
Me either.
Quadruple bore design - nice!

The NT6 is a triple bore design.  The only quad bore I know of is the Spiral Ear SE 4-way.

Quote:
excuse me, what's the original price of the nt6, Joe?
Some friends of mine are working in South Korea so I think I could avoid tax by receiving it as a gift :D (i'm not in US, too)

P/s: can we customize the color and the printed image of the shell?

The cost is 1,188,000 won or $1,070 with VAT.

Nov 4, 2011 at 2:53 PM Post #607 of 4,841

Quote:

Changed the sound tubes?  Are you referring to the filters at the tips of the sound tubes?

And the presence switch to me makes the SA-43 somewhat SE535ish!

Filters your right, i dont have a special version of the SA-43 where i can pull out the soundtubes..
blink.gif

The presence just makes it more midforward, way to forward for music listening in my opinion...

I sent my Starkey back to Norway yesterday, so hopefully mid next week ill get them back...

Nov 4, 2011 at 11:24 PM Post #608 of 4,841

Quote:
And what about customizing the artwork and color?

Sorry, forgot to answer that one.  Yes, you can customize the artwork and they have many colors to choose from.

Quote:
Filters your right, i dont have a special version of the SA-43 where i can pull out the soundtubes..
blink.gif

The presence just makes it more midforward, way to forward for music listening in my opinion...

I sent my Starkey back to Norway yesterday, so hopefully mid next week ill get them back...

Have you heard the SE535?  Some people like mid-forward...
wink_face.gif

I hope you get them back soon and they fit right and sound better overall.  A bad fit on one side can lead to the perception of the overall sound being off.

Nov 5, 2011 at 1:57 AM Post #609 of 4,841
Thanks you, Joe!
And I have just visited website of hidition. Although I knew that technology of Korea is very modern, but i'm very surprised that hidition could make a 5-way custom.
wow, I'm dying to know how the hidition's 5-way custom competes the SE 5-way

Nov 5, 2011 at 2:09 AM Post #610 of 4,841
I too would love to hear how the 5-way NT6 Pro compares with the SE 5-way, but that will have to wait as I have the 4-way NT6 for comparison.  It has a balanced sound without the bass enhancement and I will see how it compares with some of the more balanced custom IEMs such as the UERM and SA-43 (with the switches off) and see how it compares with the SE 5-way.  Initial listening is very positive...

Nov 5, 2011 at 3:21 AM Post #611 of 4,841
oh, when looked at the frequency respond, I guested there would be some bass enhancement and it turn out to be true :D. But for now i'm more into the sound signature of the LS8 since I'm very happy with my ck10 now.
Upgrade to custom is a serious move so I must consider hard!

Nov 5, 2011 at 11:42 AM Post #613 of 4,841

Quote:
oh, when looked at the frequency respond, I guested there would be some bass enhancement and it turn out to be true :D. But for now i'm more into the sound signature of the LS8 since I'm very happy with my ck10 now.
Upgrade to custom is a serious move so I must consider hard!

While the upper registers of the LS8 remind me of the CK10, the lower registers are much fuller with some enhancement.  The NT6 has less bass enhancement than the LS8 while the NT6 Pro has enhanced bass and treble, so it may be similar, but how close is anyone's guess.  

Quote:
Too bad it doesn´t have that good isolation.

What doesn't have good isolation?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back