Multi-Custom In-Ear Monitor Review, Resource, Mfg List & Discussion (Check first post for review links & information)
Nov 7, 2015 at 3:29 PM Post #4,696 of 4,841
They're similar but to me the em32 is better in terms of space recreation and extension. Nevertheless the Velvet have nicer trebles because they're not made to reveal recordings are well or not, as the em32. Imaging, lush mids and impact are almost the same yes and they're similar but to me the em32 is more engaging and give me more pleasure almost every time :wink:

Hum and the velvet can't have the same signature as the em32, I tried and I failed ^^

Nov 7, 2015 at 4:12 PM Post #4,697 of 4,841
Honestly now that Alexander sold the EM32 to the guy that incidentally bought my 8.A, I kind of regret not getting it as I still enjoy the Velvet very much despite having technically better ciems. 

AmberOzL, one comment about the Velvet, while I agree largely with what you say I'd like to add that IMO the standard EarSonics cable affects the signature a great deal negatively. The warmth comes mainly off the cable, but also the muddiness. It's resolution in the (upper) midrange is quite bad which affects the instrument definition and separation a great deal. 

Nov 7, 2015 at 6:41 PM Post #4,698 of 4,841
  Honestly now that Alexander sold the EM32 to the guy that incidentally bought my 8.A, I kind of regret not getting it as I still enjoy the Velvet very much despite having technically better ciems. 

AmberOzL, one comment about the Velvet, while I agree largely with what you say I'd like to add that IMO the standard EarSonics cable affects the signature a great deal negatively. The warmth comes mainly off the cable, but also the muddiness. It's resolution in the (upper) midrange is quite bad which affects the instrument definition and separation a great deal. 

Maybe a silver cable to brighten up things can be a nice addition
happy_face1.gif

Nov 9, 2015 at 7:22 AM Post #4,701 of 4,841
  Great job Ates, your level of analytical listening never ceases to amaze me! I own the W500, and still only understand 3/4 of what you're describing
biggrin.gif
I can only hope that I'll be able to match up to that one day.

Thank you man; glad to see that someone understand it  
biggrin.gif

Waiting for your review buddy.. 

Nov 9, 2015 at 8:19 AM Post #4,703 of 4,841
  I will have to admit I didn't although I now have a headache after trying so hard. Any plan to publish an English version of the review? 
very_evil_smiley.gif

Well, I know it is a very technical style. I like this way. 
ph34r.gif
 But, next time, maybe a bit less technical one will be posted. 
atsmile.gif

Nov 9, 2015 at 8:47 AM Post #4,705 of 4,841
I like your style as well as I learn a lot from it. But don't worry, I will write a holistic impression and people can combine our reviews for the full picture!

Thank you buddy, I appreciate that. 
redface.gif

Looking forward to read yours. 

Nov 9, 2015 at 12:37 PM Post #4,706 of 4,841
Well I don't see any problem with that review, it is totally understandable. Yes he really goes into deep with technical capabilities which is a good thing, it means he takes his time to understand what each monitor is fully capable of and compare them.

I quite enjoyed it. It seems W500 is a TOTL monitor but can stay behind of a few monitors when you get into the ultimate resolution, separation and transparency. Still a unique piece of engineerging obviosly and for someone like me who likes lush warm sound, it can be a serious contender. When you step into a certain level, all those resolution and stuff can be at the second part of your mind, while you should be more focused on to the sound signature preference maybe.

Nov 9, 2015 at 2:33 PM Post #4,707 of 4,841
Excellent and understandable review ! The comparative section was very helpful :wink: and man, the SA43 seem to be very very interesting... Thank you :)

Nov 9, 2015 at 2:47 PM Post #4,708 of 4,841
Well I don't see any problem with that review, it is totally understandable. Yes he really goes into deep with technical capabilities which is a good thing, it means he takes his time to understand what each monitor is fully capable of and compare them.

I quite enjoyed it. It seems W500 is a TOTL monitor but can stay behind of a few monitors when you get into the ultimate resolution, separation and transparency. Still a unique piece of engineerging obviosly and for someone like me who likes lush warm sound, it can be a serious contender. When you step into a certain level, all those resolution and stuff can be at the second part of your mind, while you should be more focused on to the sound signature preference maybe.

Excellent and understandable review ! The comparative section was very helpful :wink: and man, the SA43 seem to be very very interesting... Thank you :)

Thank you my friends :)

Sa43 is a very good monitor and deserves more attention indeed. Its tone, realistic imaging and transparency is very good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back