Multi-Custom In-Ear Monitor Review, Resource, Mfg List & Discussion (Check first post for review links & information)
Nov 11, 2015 at 2:51 AM Post #4,711 of 4,841
  Nice color combination! Is it a new company?

They are relatively new in custom in ear monitor market. They have experience in hearding aid, now they have released their custom monitors. They produce 3 main monitors at the moment: Dual BA, Triple BA and Quad BA. Their pricing policy is very interesting and monitors are affordable.

Here is a passage from their website:

''We believe our competitive pricing will finally allow musicians, as well as audiophiles and music lovers, to obtain the same high quality audio experience at a much lower price.''

For their product line:

http://www.eartechmusic.com/products/

Nov 11, 2015 at 3:28 AM Post #4,713 of 4,841
  Alright looking forward to the review - you have quite a few coming up if I'm not mistaken 

Yes buddy, some recently released units are on the way for the review, such as AR6 and Apollo-X. And another one which hasn't been released yet :) 

Nov 13, 2015 at 7:16 AM Post #4,714 of 4,841

Eartech Triple BA ciem has arrived to my office.

For very early impressions, I think that it performs very well for its price. It seems to have a smooth midrange (located a bit laid back compared to treble, but not really a V shape) , weighty low-end and a slight but not piercing energy in treble region. Craftsmanship is awesome btw..  Let's make it burned for a serious listening.. 

Nov 13, 2015 at 8:19 AM Post #4,716 of 4,841
  Different faceplate too right? Think I might prefer the green/white combination.

Actually, the faceplates are the same. One seems different because of light  
redface.gif
 They are wooden faceplates. 

Here is a clearer picture:

Nov 24, 2015 at 4:16 AM Post #4,719 of 4,841
Hi, first of all a big thank you to everybody who responded to my question. It’s taken me a while to respond as I wanted to read up on all the recommendations. I narrowed my choices down to the Hidition NT6 (non-pro or pro) or Noble Audio Kaiser 10, but I’m finding it difficult to choose between the two (or should I say three).

Has anybody heard both the Hidition and Kaiser 10 and could tell me how they are different?

I am also a bit unsure on whether the non-pro or pro NT6 would suit me better, because I’ve read conflicting things about the pro. The general consensus seems to be that the enhanced bass and treble makes it sound lively, but a couple of people have said the midrange is a bit recessed. If that’s the case, maybe I am better off with the non-pro because I’ve owned earphones before with a recessed midrange and the vocals sounded faraway.

Nov 24, 2015 at 11:34 AM Post #4,720 of 4,841

Hi, first of all a big thank you to everybody who responded to my question. It’s taken me a while to respond as I wanted to read up on all the recommendations. I narrowed my choices down to the Hidition NT6 (non-pro or pro) or Noble Audio Kaiser 10, but I’m finding it difficult to choose between the two (or should I say three).

Has anybody heard both the Hidition and Kaiser 10 and could tell me how they are different?

I am also a bit unsure on whether the non-pro or pro NT6 would suit me better, because I’ve read conflicting things about the pro. The general consensus seems to be that the enhanced bass and treble makes it sound lively, but a couple of people have said the midrange is a bit recessed. If that’s the case, maybe I am better off with the non-pro because I’ve owned earphones before with a recessed midrange and the vocals sounded faraway.

I’ve only heard demos of the K10 and NT6 Pro but maybe I can help by saying what I think are their weak points (in my opinion of course). They are both very capable earphones. With the K10 I thought that its weak point was in the treble. It seemed to lack some sparkle and was a little too smooth. I thought that vocals with the NT6 Pro were not as strong as its bass and treble. I wouldn’t say they were recessed, but maybe a little cold. I can’t think of another way to describe it. As I said I only listened to demos and so hopefully those who own the actual customs can do a better job then me.

Nov 24, 2015 at 2:32 PM Post #4,721 of 4,841

Its a bit of an unfair comparison for me as I am comparing my custom NT6pro to a demo universal K10, but I had the Noble lineup with a Hugo for a week to make the comparison. Don't have the non-pro to compare, but I consider it a lower version as a 4 way crossover compared to the pro 5 way. However, this is just my opinion as are the notes below, YMMV.

Notes:
  1. Signature: The pro is on the cold side while the k10 is on the warm side with always on bass.Both focus on the mids with significant bass slam. The pro has unmatched transparency and detail while the k10 has outstanding detail for a warm signature. The k10 bass emphasis is on the mid bass while the pro emphasis is on the sub bass. Overall, the pro has more bass slam and quality, but the k10 is more generally fun across genres.
  2. Fun: The pro is as good as the music it is fed, while the k10 makes everything sound good. In exchange, the pro scales much higher fed better sources such as the Ygg/Rok stack. Conversely, the k10 scales down better making the iPhone sound better than the pro. So if you are pairing with low end sources, go with the k10, if pairing with a high end desktop, the new AK lineup, or Paw Gold, go with the pro.
  3. Sound Stage: Both the k10 and pro have an excellent full sized sound stage. However, the pro is more transparent pulling the instruments apart with space while the k10 takes in the music more as a whole. 
  4. Texturing: As a warm signature, the K10 has excellent texturing, however, the pro has transparency that provides deeper views into the texturing for better timbre. Both provide a thick note with excellent voice production. 

In the end, while I loved the k10, I could not justify the purchase as I was happy with my pro and would likely chose it out of the two for my daily listening. This was an interesting conclusion for me as I typically like warmer signatures better.

BTW, to answer your question, the pro does not have recessed mids. The bass and the treble overlay the mids for huge amounts of detail vs. the typical shimmer and fart cannon signature that the v shape implies hearing all three parts separately. This gives the mids center stage with thick notes from the detailed bass, and smoothly etched - in a good detailed way - from the extended highs. Rather than a v shape, the pro is better explained as having extended highs and lows providing greater strength throughout the extended frequency range. The typical HP has strength in the middle with the highs and lows trailing off - the pro is strong from sub to high level frequencies. The absence of the typical mid bass hump in the pro balances the sub and mid bass performance so you can hear the whole bass range with none being covered up. I find this unique.

Bottom line is that you will be delighted with either in a vacuum, they are both outstanding at this level so you cannot make a wrong choice. Only when you listen side by side can you pick a preference based on your priorities. My preference can very well be just the custom vs a universal demo.

Nov 24, 2015 at 11:33 PM Post #4,724 of 4,841
Cool review. Why not get the SE5 Ultimate based on Jets review?

What's so special about SE846, that makes you keep them all this time, buddy?

Nov 25, 2015 at 12:36 AM Post #4,725 of 4,841
Good question. The 846, contrary to 80% of audiophile products, are well conceived: fairly small, well build, solid, comfortable, well isolating, easy to drive. So many iems sound great but are totally lacking in these essentials. Sound wide the bass is wonderful if you like this kind of bass, powerful and layered. The mids are very smooth and easy on the ears. Only issue is lack of air and sparkle in the highs. Soundstage could be better, but all in all, still a great iem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back