Multi-Custom In-Ear Monitor Review, Resource, Mfg List & Discussion (Check first post for review links & information)
Jun 1, 2015 at 12:42 PM Post #4,636 of 4,841
  ACS has office in many countries, they also produce in France, Germany, Great Britain... so turnaround time depends. 

EarSonics can produce CIEM between 3 and 10 days, it's the fastest CIEM maker I know. 

But, the easiest way is to ask the manufacturer to call you when they have finished your CIEMs, then they can send them where you are. 

My EM32 actually took less than 2 working days, its amazing how Earsonics managed to make them so quick ... I'm impressed 

Jun 1, 2015 at 1:19 PM Post #4,637 of 4,841
I also think it is shorter on UE but still depends on how busy they are at the time you ordered your ciem.

Great read Amber, the non-pro sound very different from the pro version of the harmony. I expected them to be more similar than different.

Jun 1, 2015 at 4:11 PM Post #4,638 of 4,841
Great read Amber, the non-pro sound very different from the pro version of the harmony. I expected them to be more similar than different.

The biggest difference is tonality if you ask me rather than the brightness of the treble. It changed so much that note recreation is totally something different.

Glad you like the review mate
beerchug.gif

Jun 2, 2015 at 3:46 AM Post #4,639 of 4,841
Sad that I took the pro rather the non-pro... :frowning2:

Jun 2, 2015 at 4:22 AM Post #4,640 of 4,841

The biggest difference is tonality if you ask me rather than the brightness of the treble. It changed so much that note recreation is totally something different.

Glad you like the review mate
beerchug.gif

AmberOZL, great review.

Although I haven't heard non-pro, taking into account that in bass and mids department pro version is using the same drivers as non-pro and I think that they are tuned identically, my impression is that the note recreation is the same between pro and non-pro, except for highs, just maybe to some the perceived note recreation is different on non-pro due to the lack of brightness on non-pro. In other words, they both perform identically in bass and mids, but the prominent highs on pro version results in the impression that notes on pro version are quick or thin. Of course this is just assumption.
IMHO bass and mids notes on pro version aren't quick, analytical; they are more or less neutral and natural but not that organic like notes of 5way Ref.

Jun 2, 2015 at 5:43 AM Post #4,642 of 4,841

AmberOZL, great review.

Although I haven't heard non-pro, taking into account that in bass and mids department pro version is using the same drivers as non-pro and I think that they are tuned identically, my impression is that the note recreation is the same between pro and non-pro, except for highs, just maybe to some the perceived note recreation is different on non-pro due to the lack of brightness on non-pro. In other words, they both perform identically in bass and mids, but the prominent highs on pro version results in the impression that notes on pro version are quick or thin. Of course this is just assumption.
IMHO bass and mids notes on pro version aren't quick, analytical; they are more or less neutral and natural but not that organic like notes of 5way Ref.

Hey mate, while I used my friends H8P for a good duration, the fit was obviously not optimal. However I was pretty sure of what I am hearing. Now I can't really explain why the Pro has totally different tonality and unnatural feeling, considering what Peter said, it has to be something with treble tuning. Would it matter that much? I honestly don't know but my ears says yes, it has an affect on whole spectrum.

As for the tonality of mids and bass compared to the SE5way, I agree, SE5way has the richest and most organic taste. On the bass, I don't think H8 lacks the quality but their presentations differs a little bit, especially how it surrounds the listener. Mids are totally different story though. I think SE5way has the edge on the quality but their presentations are waaaay different. H8 just spacious and envelopes the listener while putting the stage laid back, SE5way has all the same details but it puts them all right in front of your face, very close with a slightly brighter tonality (especially upper mid) in a pitch black background. I don't say it is bright, it is just, the background and stage feeling is so on point and very silent, every instrument has its own shining area, thus creating a fake brightness. It is a very clever and successful tuning if you ask me, while keeping the warm and organic tone but adding s*it load of details and transparency.

Jun 2, 2015 at 6:21 AM Post #4,643 of 4,841
  Just a quick note to say that I am listenin to the SE5 Ultimate (out of AK240SS) and I just love it. Above all my other iems, though the Ref1 too is just as good technically.

Long time no see buddy;) Glad you are enjoying the SE5 ult. 

I am also enjoying my SE5 ult even with my IPC. XD.

I miss those days we are constantly posting comments and discussing CIEMs all the time. haha.

Jun 2, 2015 at 12:18 PM Post #4,645 of 4,841

Hey mate, while I used my friends H8P for a good duration, the fit was obviously not optimal. However I was pretty sure of what I am hearing. Now I can't really explain why the Pro has totally different tonality and unnatural feeling, considering what Peter said, it has to be something with treble tuning. Would it matter that much? I honestly don't know but my ears says yes, it has an affect on whole spectrum.

As for the tonality of mids and bass compared to the SE5way, I agree, SE5way has the richest and most organic taste. On the bass, I don't think H8 lacks the quality but their presentations differs a little bit, especially how it surrounds the listener. Mids are totally different story though. I think SE5way has the edge on the quality but their presentations are waaaay different. H8 just spacious and envelopes the listener while putting the stage laid back, SE5way has all the same details but it puts them all right in front of your face, very close with a slightly brighter tonality (especially upper mid) in a pitch black background. I don't say it is bright, it is just, the background and stage feeling is so on point and very silent, every instrument has its own shining area, thus creating a fake brightness. It is a very clever and successful tuning if you ask me, while keeping the warm and organic tone but adding s*it load of details and transparency.

More or less I agree with your observations as for 5way Ref. But my main point was about notes recreation on Harmony 8 pro vs Harmony 8 non-pro.

Jun 2, 2015 at 3:17 PM Post #4,646 of 4,841

More or less I agree with your observations as for 5way Ref. But my main point was about notes recreation on Harmony 8 pro vs Harmony 8 non-pro.

That's interestingly very difficult and I agree with you. How the treble tuning changes that much? No idea, I don't have knowledge over technical things. However to my ears there is quite a difference. Since you are in Poland, if you have a chance to demo, maybe you will hear what I am hearing, though custom fit would provide better impressions obviously.

Jun 3, 2015 at 12:35 AM Post #4,647 of 4,841
Well once you have the Ultimate, there is not much left to say...
biggrin.gif

By the way for SE5 ultimate owners, how is the fit? On mine the fit is good but they fell deeper and more invasive then other customs. So there is no pain per say, more like a feeling that they are tickling my brain.

Mine fits the same, they are even smaller than my SE5 ref. So they fit "easier" into my ears, the canal tips are not long either.

Jun 5, 2015 at 6:51 AM Post #4,649 of 4,841
I have been listening M-Fidelity SA43 for a while. Just want to share my quick impressions before the review.

SA43 is a bit warm and natural sounding CIEM when both switches off or on. In general, it has a spacious presentation; doesn't have a congested instrument positioning. The switches work very well, we can separately have mid-oriented, low-oriented, flatter and more dynamic presentations. Its note recreation is quite good, can reproduce both thick and thin notes so well.

Overall presentation is exceptionally transparent without being lean, harsh or bright; but some may find its upper mids a bit bright. To be honest, SA43 is of the most transparent earphones that I've ever heard. It is quite realistic; and there isn't a veiled presentation at all. Although it has a quite spacious stage, coherence and focusing is great. 

The problem with SA43 is its resolution. Especially on highs, it isn't resolving enough; surely better than most, but stays a bit behind Legend. We may need a good cable which adds resolution to the entire presentation without changing overall note reproduction and making it harsher like Tralucent silver/gold does. Also, when bass switch on, the stage can become a bit tighter due to increasing in midbass quantity in accordance with recordings. 

Jun 5, 2015 at 7:03 AM Post #4,650 of 4,841
  I have been listening M-Fidelity SA43 for a while. Just want to share my quick impressions before the review.

SA43 is a bit warm and natural sounding CIEM when both switches off or on. In general, it has a spacious presentation; doesn't have a congested instrument positioning. The switches work very well, we can separately have mid-oriented, low-oriented, flatter and more dynamic presentations. Its note recreation is quite good, can reproduce both thick and thin notes so well.

Overall presentation is exceptionally transparent without being lean, harsh or bright; but some may find its upper mids a bit bright. To be honest, SA43 is of the most transparent earphones that I've ever heard. It is quite realistic; and there isn't a veiled presentation at all. Although it has a quite spacious stage, coherence and focusing is great. 

The problem with SA43 is its resolution. Especially on highs, it isn't resolving enough; surely better than most, but stays a bit behind Legend. We may need a good cable which adds resolution to the entire presentation without changing overall note reproduction and making it harsher like Tralucent silver/gold does. Also, when bass switch on, the stage can become a bit tighter due to increasing in midbass quantity in accordance with recordings. 

Looking forward to the complete review Mike.
The SA43 has always interested me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back