Multi-Custom In-Ear Monitor Review, Resource, Mfg List & Discussion (Check first post for review links & information)
Mar 31, 2011 at 2:03 PM Post #92 of 4,841

Quote:
Adam can put on whatever connector you want so you can use the stock cable, or a twisted cable with either a UE or Westone style connector, your choice!  I chose a Westone style connector, so the stock UE cable I am using for my comparison isn't as snug as a Westone style connector since the UE pins are slightly thinner.  Look at the pictures in the 2nd post.

Hi average_joe!

Will there be a disadvantage if i choose the UE style connector?
Is it a major disadvantage?

I am plan to use a custom UE cable.

Thanks.

Louie 

Apr 1, 2011 at 2:16 AM Post #93 of 4,841

Quote:
Hey Joe
I am pretty interested in your rooth audio vs jha uido iem listening results.
I myself ampretty sure that I will go for the westone es5 because its easy to get here but the rooth audio seems to be a big hit in china and it has 8 drivers.
Greetings,Anouk,

8 driver vs. 8 driver customs...one is a 3-way and one a 4-way, but do an increase in drivers really produce a better sound?

And don't forget the #1 (from what I have heard) custom manufacturer in China, Thousand Sound!  But, there are many other great options...

Quote:
Hi average_joe!

Will there be a disadvantage if i choose the UE style connector?
Is it a major disadvantage?

I am plan to use a custom UE cable.

Thanks.

Louie 

Hi Louie, there is no advantage/disadvantage to a UE style connector, just a matter of preference if you can choose.  I chose a Westone style connector since I have an after market cable that is compatible and several others, so it made sense for me.  

Also, it would probably be best to provide the cable you plan on using to Adam so he can recess the jack and make sure the plug fits.

Apr 1, 2011 at 8:08 PM Post #94 of 4,841

Quote:
Hi Louie, there is no advantage/disadvantage to a UE style connector, just a matter of preference if you can choose.  I chose a Westone style connector since I have an after market cable that is compatible and several others, so it made sense for me.  

Also, it would probably be best to provide the cable you plan on using to Adam so he can recess the jack and make sure the plug fits.

Thank you for the reply. Will do that once i get into customs. 

Apr 3, 2011 at 7:19 PM Post #95 of 4,841
average_joe, do you recommend any good custom silver cable maker with a Westone- like connectors? I have one excellent DIY I bought from rawrster, but I want to add another all silver one to my collection, but not pay $300 for one. Anyone else know of good custom cable makers at a reasonable price? Right now I only see the Silver Dragon, but isn't that one almost $200? thanks for your help in advance.

Apr 4, 2011 at 1:06 AM Post #96 of 4,841
@ eric: I think there may be one in the UK, but the name of the manufacturer escapes me.  I have not heard any other than the Whiplash, but I do know of a manufacturer working on a silver cable but can't say any more until it is released.

Apr 4, 2011 at 1:42 AM Post #98 of 4,841

Quote:
Don't forget Eric, there is silver and silver plated copper.  Good price difference there.

And on that note, silver plated copper has all the benefits of...copper.  Audio signals travel in the core of the conductor, and with stranded wire, the core of each strand (known physics).  Very high frequencies (RF range) can benefit as they travel on the skin of the conductors.  And don't forget flexibility!

Apr 4, 2011 at 12:20 PM Post #99 of 4,841

Quote:
Don't forget Eric, there is silver and silver plated copper.  Good price difference there.

Yeah @ Anaxilus, thanks buddy. I'm looking for the silver. I'm pretty sure the DIY I have is all silver. I like the sound. It really boost the bass and mids with even more details (and vocals).

Apr 4, 2011 at 12:32 PM Post #100 of 4,841
Thanks average_joe for the information.

Apr 5, 2011 at 5:33 PM Post #102 of 4,841

Quote:
Heh, so Unique Melody have come out with their Merlin, a dynamic + 4 BA driver custom. What the EP10 could have been? Only one way to find out! :wink:

ok, link?

Apr 5, 2011 at 6:39 PM Post #104 of 4,841
The Merlin sounds very exciting and could be great!  From what I have read, and more importantly, from people I PM with, UM customs sound amazing throughout the spectrum, so I can imagine with their mids/treble that very well could be a step up.

And the product was added to the manufacturer section (post #3) already!

Exciting times in custom land!

Apr 5, 2011 at 8:08 PM Post #105 of 4,841
I got to try Miracles with some bi-flange tips stretched on at the UK meet last weekend. The low end (paired with an S:Flo2 set completely flat and an Arrow amp w/bass boost jumping between 1 and 2) was pretty impressive and brought a good smile out of me. That being the case, I'd imagine the Merlin could very easily steal it's thunder at a lower price point. Can't imagine it'll be too long before we get an impressions thread!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back