Matrix X-Sabre DAC review and impression thread
Mar 15, 2013 at 5:30 PM Post #316 of 1,273
From their product page:

" The power supply a.k.a. fuel tank, is of the latest Blue Circle "IAOE" design. The BC509 has a power supply filtering capacitance over 200,000uF. That is more than most 100 watt stereo power amps. This will ensure a very stable power supply, however for the ultimate goal of a silent running power supply, the BC507BA has a 1,000,000uF (1 million micro Farad) additional battery power supply."

1 million uf. That's A LOT. That's more than what can be found inside of the finest power amps. Does that much even make sense? :D
How long does that battery take to charge?!? :p

Mar 15, 2013 at 6:09 PM Post #317 of 1,273
Quote:
How long does that battery take to charge?!?
tongue.gif

I understand its charged automatically?? Am not sure..but i will be getting the non battery version i understand..damn..that kind of power will bring my electricity bill to new highs!! Lolz..but first i wanna get a good price..hope to get it next week..and then ordering it in may and then delivery in oktober..lolz...

but i see i will be one of the few owning one..thats important for me too..being different and unique..
biggrin.gif

Mar 15, 2013 at 6:26 PM Post #318 of 1,273
Quote:
Originally Posted by hifimanrookie /img/forum/go_quote.gif

(...) but i see i will be one of the few owning one..thats important for me too..being different and unique..
biggrin.gif

That's something you share with many audiophiles. Unfortunately, it is a tendency that helps manufacturers ask ridiculous prices. I hope you are aware of that....

Mar 15, 2013 at 6:34 PM Post #319 of 1,273
Quote:
That's something you share with many audiophiles. Unfortunately, it is a tendency that helps manufacturers ask ridiculous prices. I hope you are aware of that....

I know what u mean.and as u can imagine i did my homework...

but did u see their excellent dac put inside a pvc tube? Price is almost unbelievable cheap! It looks horrible but it must sound very good!  U only pay for the inside! I love that attitude! I also prefer to pay for function, soundquality and builtquality and reliability above esthetics and physical attraction..They even sell amps without faceplates to save money...

and i read a few reviews bout their products and all say they are reasonable priced for what they offer..but i also know..custommade handmade quality products tend to be a bit more expensive then the standard brands in the market who only have standard models.

when i get my amp/dac (ofcourse when the price is acceptable..my budget is around 2000euro) i will open a new thread about it..this thread is aboutthe x sabre and i dont wanna go to deep into offtopic infos

will keep u updated then for the ones interested..ps..they also make a very good dac for a acceptable price.

Mar 15, 2013 at 7:09 PM Post #321 of 1,273
Fantastic review as always!

Mar 15, 2013 at 8:11 PM Post #325 of 1,273
They were talking about the zdac pretty recently here so that's what I assume what was meant in the review being up.

Mar 15, 2013 at 9:19 PM Post #327 of 1,273
Mar 16, 2013 at 12:59 PM Post #329 of 1,273
Just post a link...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back