Matrix X-Sabre DAC review and impression thread
Feb 24, 2013 at 10:42 PM Post #76 of 1,273
I got it to own it, but will be tossing it around the meet for people to get some impressions as a favor to Matrix for getting one sent out before actual release.

edit: Mine is currently on it's way from Cincinnati so I should be getting it on time, on the 26th.

Feb 25, 2013 at 8:03 AM Post #77 of 1,273
Quote:
I got it to own it, but will be tossing it around the meet for people to get some impressions as a favor to Matrix for getting one sent out before actual release.

edit: Mine is currently on it's way from Cincinnati so I should be getting it on time, on the 26th.

Cincinnati??  Where, I'm going to intercept it..  
evil_smiley.gif

Feb 25, 2013 at 10:55 AM Post #79 of 1,273
Quote:
project86

i just sold d18 and ready to jump to dsd wagon.

last week, i had audition with korg mr-2000 and its sound is terrific. and have recorder function to record cd.  (but pricely)

i am waiting for your impression of this new x-sabre. if possible i really want to see

the comparsion with korg and mytex. 

i also want to know what software you will use to stream dsd  to x-sabre. 

thank you.

I normally use my Auraliti PK90 music server to play DSD tracks over USB. I've done it with my Resonessence Invicta but haven't tried it yet with the X-Sabre. I will when I get a chance though.

Matrix provides special ASIO drivers as well as a .DLL plugin for Foobar. I'll mess with that as well and make sure it all works properly. 

Quote:
So Project86, when will the review be up? 
biggrin.gif

Ummmm.... tomorrow? Maybe I can do it by tonight if you really need me to hurry 
wink.gif

Seriously though, it could be a while before the final write-up. But I'll keep posting updates as I have them. 

Feb 25, 2013 at 11:53 AM Post #80 of 1,273
Take your time. I always appreciate your thorough approach. There's obviously a lot of interest in this product, but I'm not sure anybody can actually buy it yet. So I don't think anybody needs to see your review RIGHT NOW!

Feb 25, 2013 at 12:18 PM Post #81 of 1,273
Project86 can you pair the x sabre with the v200 ( if you still have it) and see if it has good synergy. I am planning on using that set up for my denons and TH900. 

Feb 26, 2013 at 7:09 PM Post #85 of 1,273
Got mine today. Looking forward to getting it home and started burning in. Came with a flash drive with drivers/etc. It does weigh a ton and thus really is milled. Hard to believe at this price point. The hex on the screws that secure the cover is too small for any of my allen wrenches at work but I have some at home that should do the trick. I'll get some pics snapped, though photography is not my strong point.

Feb 26, 2013 at 7:41 PM Post #87 of 1,273
No doubt. I think I could throw this thing at a wall.. and the wall would lose.

Feb 26, 2013 at 10:20 PM Post #90 of 1,273
Does MAtrix feel good about letting you take it apart? :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back