1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Massdrop PLUS Universal IEM

First

Back
36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45
47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56
Next

Last
  1. damart81
    Interesting, I'll have to check out Null Audio's cable selection. Do you find you hear minor hissing once you start playing anything with sound on your iPad air 2? (Without the lightning adapter) Once I turn off the sounds there is some minor hiss but goes away after a second.

2. mwillis
    Thought I'd throw another upgrade cable into the fray for you guys if you're unhappy about the stock cable. I didn't have any problems with the sound of the cable or anything like that, but my connectors were loose and I'd find that my IEMs would come unplugged from the connectors every now and then and just did not give me a warm and fuzzy feeling about keeping my IEMs secure. 64 Audio's professional cable is amazing, and I actually was able to notice a bit more punch in my music. Not much, mind you, but I can definitely notice a little more life in music that I know very well. For $40 (after shipping) I can't recommend this cable enough. And of course, the connectors are much more secure and give a little "snap" when plugging the IEMs in, which makes me feel much better.

Here's the link. Bonus points that it comes in black or white! I personally chose the white and it looks and feels fantastic.

3. andrewwardell
    Sorry for the delay, it’s been a hectic couple days. I can hear the amplifier coming on and going off (signified by a small pop) but I can’t hear any of the hiss that goes with it.

I’m seriously considering joining the drop for Mee’s balanced 2-pin cable now that that’s a thing. There’s no way that would fit in the included case, but it looks pretty sturdy. Has anyone here tried the MMCX version with other IEMs? How did you find it?

4. Focux
    is there a comparison between this and either of the 2 ER4's? Am curious which the MD+ is closer to, ER4XR or SR..

5. Colors
    Having owned the pleasure of all three, I would say XR. It’s like the XR but done right with the right amount of bass boost whereas the XR had too much bass boost (for my liking) overpowering the vocals quite often.

My preferences are SR >> MD+ >>> XR.

Focux likes this.
  6. Focux
    bought these blindly and am currently using the AKJR, am really hoping it will be impressive and make me not want to get a ER4 lol

only thing left is to get a DAP :)

Colors likes this.
  7. Focux
    Btw anyone uses these with the Chord Mojo..?? Synergy should be good I presume

Colors likes this.
  8. Colors
    I did actually. I found the MD+ a tad sensitive and there was hissing noise in the background. Works fine with a DAP or phone though.

Mojo, however, scales wonderfully with the ER4SR and XR. Literally takes it to another level (SR especially).

Last edited: Sep 13, 2018
    Anaz, Focux and kukkurovaca like this.
  9. Focux
    Yikes..hiss v noticeable? =\

Colors likes this.
  10. Colors
    Not noticeable when music is playing.

Focux likes this.
  11. Focux
    Good to hear, think I can easily look past that so long as I can’t hear anything else but the music while playing :)

Colors likes this.
  12. Anaz
    I may be lucky with my Mojo :dt880smile:, but I hear no hiss whatsoever when using it with the MD+.

Focux likes this.
  13. Focux
    Love your Countach lol

Anaz likes this.
  14. Anaz
    LOL ...I wish!

Focux likes this.
  15. casper3127
    I can also confirm that no hiss comes out of my MD+s paired with a Poly+Mojo. :floatsmile:

First

Back
36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45
47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56
Next

Last