Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (8/18/2022: iFi GO Blu Review Added)
Sep 4, 2018 at 2:37 PM Post #40,997 of 48,565
The MIx Amp TR will give good enough VSS, hollow and tinny but can be negated by EQ. The position cues are quite good and should be more than enough to distinguish where the sound comes from. Older is not better, in DDH. Some will argue that the prev gen of the Mix AMP tr where worse than older version as far as noise floor goes etc.

Sep 4, 2018 at 3:24 PM Post #40,998 of 48,565
So I got the G6. I installed the Sound Blaster Connect software. In the bottom left of the program there's a blue rectangle notification saying "Your audio device cannot be detected. Please check your connection". I'm not sure what that's about?

It's connected via usb to pc and I have the optical out of the G6 going to separate dac. Audio appears to be working.

Last edited:
Sep 4, 2018 at 3:38 PM Post #40,999 of 48,565
So I got the G6. I installed the Sound Blaster Connect software. In the bottom left of the program there's a blue rectangle notification saying "Your audio device cannot be detected. Please check your connection". I'm not sure what that's about?

It's connected via usb to pc and I have the optical out of the G6 going to separate dac. Audio appears to be working.
It usually takes a few seconds before the software recognizes the device.

Sep 4, 2018 at 3:40 PM Post #41,001 of 48,565
weird. the message hasn't gone away for an hour since I set it up

what is direct mode?

Sep 4, 2018 at 3:54 PM Post #41,003 of 48,565
Hi everyone. I have a pair of AD700X paired with a Mixamp Pro Tr that I'm currently using on my PS3.

I'm a bit disappointed by the Dolby Surround sound. I even tried some custom EQs but it didn't make any difference, I can't even detect the direction of footsteps...any suggestions?

There's been several complaints about the Dolby audio quality of the Mixamp TR from what I read in the astro forum. Are older mixamps better (as far as Dolby is concerned) or is there anything I can do to improve sound quality?

Anyone using the Ad700x with the Mixamp Pro TR?

Thanks.

First make sure your mixamp is actually receiving a surround sound signal. That means the ps3 has to be set up to pass through dolby digital.

After that, you have to use it for a couple of days to allow your brain to recalibrate and properly interpret the audio. So the more you use it, the more realistic it becomes.

Sep 4, 2018 at 4:10 PM Post #41,005 of 48,565
If the firmware update worked then the device is communicating with your PC. Not to sound like minimum wage tech support but I assume you have tried stuff like plugging/unplugging, turning the PC off and on, using a different USB cable, etc.

Can you see the device in your sound control panel?

Sep 4, 2018 at 4:17 PM Post #41,006 of 48,565
If the firmware update worked then the device is communicating with your PC. Not to sound like minimum wage tech support but I assume you have tried stuff like plugging/unplugging, turning the PC off and on, using a different USB cable, etc.

Can you see the device in your sound control panel?

Yes, it's in the control panel. The device is working and communicating with the PC and I get audio. The Sound Blaster Connect software is not working however and doesn't recognize the device and I cannot customize sound settings.

Sep 4, 2018 at 4:37 PM Post #41,007 of 48,565
Do you have another PC to try and connect it to to check if there is something wrong with the device?

There were different versions of the SB connect software online too, you downloaded the most recent one?

Sep 4, 2018 at 4:44 PM Post #41,008 of 48,565
Do you have another PC to try and connect it to to check if there is something wrong with the device?

There were different versions of the SB connect software online too, you downloaded the most recent one?

No I don't have another pc. Yes I downloaded the latest SB connect software. I also uninstalled/reinstalled the software to no avail.

Sep 4, 2018 at 5:24 PM Post #41,009 of 48,565
So I removed the device from devices tab and replugged it in. Now it's listed as having no drivers. I again uninstalled/reinstalled SB connect. Still listed as having no drivers.

Sep 4, 2018 at 5:57 PM Post #41,010 of 48,565
First make sure your mixamp is actually receiving a surround sound signal. That means the ps3 has to be set up to pass through dolby digital.

After that, you have to use it for a couple of days to allow your brain to recalibrate and properly interpret the audio. So the more you use it, the more realistic it becomes.

My PS3 is connected through the optical cable and it is correctly set up to receive 5.1 Dolby Digital. Unfortunately I've been using the headphones for months and I tried different eqs, besides the default ones, but nothing...to be more precise, in this video here you can get an idea of the strange dolby effect it has; mine sounds very similar to this one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back