Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (8/18/2022: iFi GO Blu Review Added)
Sep 27, 2019 at 3:04 PM Post #42,946 of 48,566
Yes. The GX has some polarizing features. The Ananda may not be MAGICAL in one specific trait, but it's a do it all well kind of headphone. If I was gonna buy a headphone at that price range, personally that would be the one I would go for. Personally speaking.
I assume its easy to drive off of the mobo or my avr as I wont be able to add a dac/amp anytime soon as Ive added just upgraded my pc and only allowed heaphones with whats left of the budget, this is a tough decision lol. I already purchased the gx but I can still cancel the order. The ananda is 50 dollars cheaper than the gx right now and I guess I can keep my mod mic with the ananda. Man you made this tough lol. Can you elaborate a little on what you mean by polarizing features.

Last edited:
Sep 27, 2019 at 4:20 PM Post #42,947 of 48,566
I agree with MLE. Have the Ananda for a few weeks here and they tick a lot of boxes:

details, soundstage width, depth, height or soundstage cohorence/seamlessness, meaning they are not 3 Blob, wider with no depth or eben hallway style.

Then clear, sharp imaging, separation, very good extension to both ends, slamming, punchy (not like a HE6 though but still excellent) and all that while not being hard to drive.

Sep 28, 2019 at 6:26 PM Post #42,949 of 48,566
Hoping this post gets some attention. I recently bought the G6 with sennhieser GSP 500s. Sounds amazing, especially coming from Astro a40s and TR mixamp. One thing I wish I had was seperate audio mix for Discord. That was a very nice QOL feature the TR had.

Is there any possible way I can hook my astro TR mixamp up to control audio chat? So games and music and videos from the G6, then the volume dial to turn up/down Discord chat?

Sep 28, 2019 at 11:15 PM Post #42,950 of 48,566
I agree with MLE. Have the Ananda for a few weeks here and they tick a lot of boxes:

details, soundstage width, depth, height or soundstage cohorence/seamlessness, meaning they are not 3 Blob, wider with no depth or eben hallway style.

Then clear, sharp imaging, separation, very good extension to both ends, slamming, punchy (not like a HE6 though but still excellent) and all that while not being hard to drive.
How do they compare to the Arya for gaming, in your experience (if you've used them)?

Sep 28, 2019 at 11:34 PM Post #42,951 of 48,566
How do they compare to the Arya for gaming, in your experience (if you've used them)?
Honestly, people shouldn't be looking at headphones at that price range for gaming. If you happen to have a headphone of that caliber, then yes, it's worth it for gaming, but if you're specifically targeting gaming, I honestly think you shouldn't be going so far as to buy an Ananda or Arya. That's a whole lot of headphone, but nothing that a much cheaper class of headphone can't do well in in terms of gaming. Get an Ananda or Arya for the technical stuff, and rest assured they'd be good for gaming. DON'T get them if you're specifically looking for high end gaming cans. Don't be so easily parted of your money just because they're higher end. Pretty sure, they wouldn't touch the HD800S for technical traits, nor the TH900 you have for immersion. You're already pretty well covered.

Sep 28, 2019 at 11:51 PM Post #42,952 of 48,566
@Mad Lust Envy I'm not looking at any headphone for gaming exclusively; I just won't want to buy any headphone that's not also good for gaming. Duly noted on the HD800S and TH900 combo, but I've caught 'the bug' and it's likely my collection will grow, to include a planar - there was a lot I enjoyed about the AR-H1, and a bunch of things I didn't... including gaming.

Last edited:
Sep 29, 2019 at 4:07 AM Post #42,954 of 48,566
Hey guys, I already have X-fi Titanium (non HD) and Fidelio X2. Its working fine for me for music ,but I don’t feel enough soundstage for games.
I want to buy ATH-AD700X exclusively for competitive gaming , is there any sense also buy modi 3 + magni 3 ? Would it ruin the width and accuracy of the soundstage? And will CMSS-3D work through SPDIF out + modi ?
Thank you.

Sep 29, 2019 at 1:19 PM Post #42,956 of 48,566
Hey guys, I already have X-fi Titanium (non HD) and Fidelio X2. Its working fine for me for music ,but I don’t feel enough soundstage for games.
I want to buy ATH-AD700X exclusively for competitive gaming , is there any sense also buy Modi 3 + Magni 3 ? Would it ruin the width and accuracy of the soundstage? And will CMSS-3D work through SPDIF out + modi ?
Thank you.
The Titanium (both HD and non-HD) sound card can send it's CMSS-3D headphone surround sound out the S/PDIF (optical or coaxial) output ports.
I would say to just replace the Titanium card with the newer Creative Labs AE-5 sound card.
But nothing wrong with getting the Modi/Magni combo (Modi with optical) if that's what you prefer (to connect to the Titanium).

Last edited:
Sep 29, 2019 at 2:35 PM Post #42,957 of 48,566
@Mad Lust Envy I'm not looking at any headphone for gaming exclusively; I just won't want to buy any headphone that's not also good for gaming. Duly noted on the HD800S and TH900 combo, but I've caught 'the bug' and it's likely my collection will grow, to include a planar - there was a lot I enjoyed about the AR-H1, and a bunch of things I didn't... including gaming.
The Ananda makes for a spectacular gaming headphone, and I doubt the Arya would fare any worse.

Sep 29, 2019 at 10:42 PM Post #42,958 of 48,566
@Fegefeuer @Mad Lust Envy after a ton more research and consideration of many reviews, I think the Ananda will likely be my purchase, over the Arya. The Arya seems to be technically superior, but also seems to be technically flawed in the high frequency range - I already have two headphones flawed in that department. :) I think there'll be a much stronger chance that I don't feel the need to EQ the Ananda. Going to try both at a local store prior to picking one of them up.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Jcor
Back