Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (8/18/2022: iFi GO Blu Review Added)
Jul 28, 2018 at 8:30 PM Post #40,636 of 48,562
now i have one last question mad lust envy

as i told you i want to buy one modmic but my question is which modmic to buy? modmic businees or modmic 4? also i have mechanical keyboard

some people told me that is better to buy one microphone and not to buy modmic because it can hurt the headphones which i have is it true??
so tell me which to buy>?>? and also do you believe that microphone is better from one modmic for skype,, chat facebook and more things??

Jul 28, 2018 at 8:34 PM Post #40,639 of 48,562
ARE YOU A BUSINESS? NO. THEN GET THE MODMIC 4. JUST GET IT. THAT IS WHAT PEOPLE USE WITH THE K712, OK? GET IT. YOU WANT SOMEONE TO TELL YOU WHAT TO GET. I'M TELLING YOU. GET THE MODMIC 4. DONE.

Jul 29, 2018 at 8:14 PM Post #40,642 of 48,562
You have to do 2 things.
1. Configure windows for 7.1 (or 5.1 if 7.1 is not available)
https://archive.is/WCkrb/8e25daec7b6f6fc4dcf71432f75c8c3ca91b4d19.jpg
2. Set up 7.1 headphones in the creative driver
https://www.kitguru.net/wp-content/uploads/2017/11/5-1.jpg

I think that's it. I'd try to double check with someone knowledgeable who owns an ae5.

I think I was wrong about this actually. Even after selecting 7.1 headphones in the creative driver, you have to manually enable sbx surround in the driver also. So there is one more step. And apparently selecting 7.1 headphones automatically sets windows to 7.1, so that step was redundant. Someone with experience with creative drivers can confirm?

Jul 30, 2018 at 3:07 PM Post #40,643 of 48,562
I think I was wrong about this actually. Even after selecting 7.1 headphones in the creative driver, you have to manually enable sbx surround in the driver also. So there is one more step. And apparently selecting 7.1 headphones automatically sets windows to 7.1, so that step was redundant. Someone with experience with creative drivers can confirm?

Yep the creative suite software automatically changes the Windows speaker setup. SBX Pro has to be turned on separately and you have to set the speakers to 5.1/7.1 full range and then when you flick to headphones you get the surround sound processing. It is usually best setting SBX to either 33% or 66% (start at 33%).

Jul 30, 2018 at 7:34 PM Post #40,644 of 48,562
I say 100% surround, personally. Unlike Dolby Headphone and GSX, SBX 100% surround doesn't have a heavy reverb like the other DSPs. The higher, the better rear audio cues.

Jul 31, 2018 at 11:10 AM Post #40,645 of 48,562
I say 100% surround, personally. Unlike Dolby Headphone and GSX, SBX 100% surround doesn't have a heavy reverb like the other DSPs. The higher, the better rear audio cues.

Just check your ability to determine the difference between front and rear. This is one area where Creative sometimes has an issue at the higher percentages with a lot of people.

Jul 31, 2018 at 12:22 PM Post #40,646 of 48,562
I'm still evaluating the best SBX setting for my ears and setup. So far I'm up to 55%, the perceived downside for me when going 100% is that I seem to have a harder time differentiate the location of the different sounds. But again I'm still evaluating and I still have some hours to go to fully burn in my Fidelio X2HR which just keeps impressing me every time I use them.

The more I use SBX the more I appreciate VSS without reverb and hollow effect.

Jul 31, 2018 at 12:26 PM Post #40,647 of 48,562
Look what Santa brought me today! Keep in mind, this is for reviewing purposes. I did not buy these, so I dunno when those who purchased it will get it.

Per Sankar. THIS IS THE FINALIZED VERSION. Take that as you will, but I say that all the worrying should be coming to an end for you guys. Mind you, the box is plain white and I'm sure that will change for those who buy it. The papers and all look 100% legit.

I have things to do today *cough*Destiny 2 reset "Solstice of Heroes", which I'll be using to put the Mobius through its paces. Don't expect day to day impressions, as all of that will go into my full review update.

I haven't checked what's going on in this thread, but if there are any ISSUES, I'll talk about them. Apparently some low noise issues? I dunno. We'll see.

27zzy13.jpg

Last edited:
Jul 31, 2018 at 12:48 PM Post #40,649 of 48,562
Stillhart has finally put him on ignore after the 15th time seeing the same question (the most recent two being in PM... AGAIN). I like being helpful, but not feeding trolls trumps being helpful.
DO YOU THINK THE UTOPIA BEATS other HEADPHONES IN SOUNDTAGIG that comes from VIDEOGAMES TECHNOLOGY?

MY Utopia come on WEDNESDAY FROM DHL. will it be better then COMING IN THURSDAY?
218.png_large

Feggy. HOW COULD YOU?

Jul 31, 2018 at 1:33 PM Post #40,650 of 48,562
LOL. Oh no.

NOT YOU TOO. :p

Being serious for a moment, holy crap do people here complain about literally anything.

Now I'm a suspected Audeze shill? :joy:

I WISH A COMPANY PAID ME BEHIND THE SCENES! LOL

Users who are viewing this thread

Back