Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (8/18/2022: iFi GO Blu Review Added)
Sep 19, 2016 at 10:59 PM Post #36,601 of 48,562
Change, have You tried Overwatch? I bought it on Friday and fell in love with it immediately.

Overwatch is okay in my books, not to fond of paying $50-60 (price in my country) for that game. There is "Paladins", exact copy but F2P which also not my cup of tea but you guys can have a look in steam :D

Sep 20, 2016 at 1:18 AM Post #36,602 of 48,562
No I totally understand what you're saying. I think the way teamwork has been designed out of Battlefield after 2142 (blame the devs for that) is as much at fault as the oft-cited CoD/CS:GO generation of players.

Thing is, the devs have done so because (to them) winning over that crowd is looked upon as a success. BF1 is mediocre, at best, but DICE/EA thinks it's their best yet for that sole reason. Either they are unaware of what the og BF vets think, or they just don't care ($$$).

Change, have You tried Overwatch? I bought it on Friday and fell in love with it immediately.

As our fellow member, above, mentioned... I'm waiting for it to go on sale in the PS Store. It was $10 off recently, but hardly a sale worth me jumping on. Soon as it hits $30 I'm on it.

Sep 20, 2016 at 1:47 AM Post #36,603 of 48,562
I did manage to pick up Doom on sale, recently, but not for its multiplayer. Haven't had a chance to play it much, however, because of schoolwork and that For Honor alpha. By the way, if you like Dark Souls PvP you should check For Honor out when it's in Beta. Watching gameplay seems like it's boring, but once you play it for yourself you'll feel how rewarding the combat is. Taking an objective in the middle of a sword battle is intense!

Sep 20, 2016 at 3:41 AM Post #36,604 of 48,562
As our fellow member, above, mentioned... I'm waiting for it to go on sale in the PS Store. It was $10 off recently, but hardly a sale worth me jumping on. Soon as it hits $30 I'm on it.

If it is around $20-30, i think it will sell like hot cakes given the current situation. There are many people copying blatantly the theme, heroes, modes etc. Not saying that OW is original but you get the point.

I did manage to pick up Doom on sale, recently, but not for its multiplayer. Haven't had a chance to play it much, however, because of schoolwork and that For Honor alpha. By the way, if you like Dark Souls PvP you should check For Honor out when it's in Beta. Watching gameplay seems like it's boring, but once you play it for yourself you'll feel how rewarding the combat is. Taking an objective in the middle of a sword battle is intense!

I applied For Honor beta, wanna try it out. BF1 was okay, I liked bf3-4 rather than that but i do want a remake of BF2 if possible with no changes just overhaul of graphics. AND please release Quake earlier please, my hands are itching over here xD

Sep 20, 2016 at 11:57 AM Post #36,605 of 48,562
Did anyone else here notice Halo 5: Forge suddenly popping up on the Windows Store? That's something I certainly didn't expect to see after what feels like an entire decade of Xbox exclusivity for the mainline titles.

It's free, it seems sensibly optimized for KB+M, has a load of graphics options to tweak (though you're stuck at 16:9 and 60 FPS), and there's enough maps included that it really doesn't look like they withheld anything outside of the singleplayer/co-op campaign, or for that matter, held most of the maps back behind some damn season pass. And before you ask, no, Blood Gulch isn't in there.

Yet nobody else seems to have noticed this release, peculiarly enough. I'm guessing it's because of how Microsoft screwed themselves over with PC gamers and UWP earlier that nobody's paying attention to their latest attempt to win back the crowd.

Sep 20, 2016 at 1:59 PM Post #36,606 of 48,562
  Did anyone else here notice Halo 5: Forge suddenly popping up on the Windows Store? That's something I certainly didn't expect to see after what feels like an entire decade of Xbox exclusivity for the mainline titles.

It's free, it seems sensibly optimized for KB+M, has a load of graphics options to tweak (though you're stuck at 16:9 and 60 FPS), and there's enough maps included that it really doesn't look like they withheld anything outside of the singleplayer/co-op campaign, or for that matter, held most of the maps back behind some damn season pass. And before you ask, no, Blood Gulch isn't in there.

Yet nobody else seems to have noticed this release, peculiarly enough. I'm guessing it's because of how Microsoft screwed themselves over with PC gamers and UWP earlier that nobody's paying attention to their latest attempt to win back the crowd.

There's also no matchmaking or dedicated servers. Custom games only. However it's nice that PC players finally get some sort of Halo game to play.

Sep 20, 2016 at 2:02 PM Post #36,607 of 48,562

Forge has been out on PC for a couple weeks. It was actually a pretty big deal at first until people realized it was only a glorified map editor like Doom SnapMap, not the full-blown Halo 5 multiplayer.

Sep 20, 2016 at 2:56 PM Post #36,608 of 48,562

Gamespot have frequently had articles about it. Multiplayer isn't really my thing so I overlooked it. What I wanted was the Master Chief Collection come to PC. I played the botched PAL port of Halo 1 on original XBOX and Halo 2. I never played any of the others as aside from briefly co-owning a 360 when I shared a flat with my brother, I didn't own one myself for the majority of its life cycle.

If I could do it again, I'd have bought myself a 360 (and a Fanatec wheel to play the Forza games because the MS Wireless Wheel sucked plums).

Sep 20, 2016 at 3:30 PM Post #36,610 of 48,562
It's not quite the MCC for PC, but the SPV3 mod for Halo Custom Edition is definitely worth checking out. It's a huge graphical overhaul of the Halo 1 campaign. The first half of SPV3 (up to Assault on the Control Room) is finished and released a few months ago.

I'll check it out later tonight on Youtube. Thanks :)

Sep 22, 2016 at 5:52 AM Post #36,613 of 48,562
when the new TR mixamp came out astro said about how they improved the chat balance, the new one in the center position has the game and chat at max volume then say i start swinging to the chat end the chat volume always stays at 100% but the game volume is turned down.

the older model had in the center point game and chat at 50% and as you turn it to say chat the chat increases as the game decreases until chat is 100% and game is 0%.

this means to get the true clean game sound on the old models you need to turn the mixer all the way to game to start then use the main volume after that to taste.
the TR model if you have no one chatting can be left in the middle and still get 100% of the game coming through. i thought that was a clever change on astro's part, i found they noise level decreased on the TR model when compared to the model before it, but i hear the early ones are also silent but i dont have one (guess it was the 2011 model?)

knowing this is how the mixing works did you notice or care that the volume was at 50% in the center? most dont. so to drop the volume how about...

this is a horrible solution but on hearing you drop your in game music i figured what the hell its free to try!

pc:
play some music on you tube and set the volume to say 11 oclock then turn the mixer towards chat until the volume is bareable.
then whatever you chat on (skype steam etc) take its output to the bottom and do a test call and inch the vloume up until you can hear it just over your youtube session.
now your main volume will have a little more effective range and the mixer can still hopefully be wiggled a little to balance the odd chatters you find with quite or supersonic mics.

PS3 (from your post i assume you have one, ps1 games):
same as above but dont use youtube load up a game and have a session moving the volume down using the mixer knob
in the devices? section can you not change the chat volume? if so monitor that blip sound the chat makes as you slide it up and down to fall in line with the system menu music?

this is a god awful attempt to help and i sorely hope one of the other members slap me down with a better solution like some sort of resistor adaptor you can plug in but, hey its fun to fiddle. (with headphone stuff!)

good to know the fostex are sensitive/loud headphones, they are what i wish i had upgraded my d2000 to instead of my d7100

edit: sorry i just notice i hadnt refreshed the browser and thought this was the most recent post, plus i totally misread your post anyway (its early) Yethal beat my post in one word! my crappy suggestion might let you max the in game volume out for everything but allowing you to maintain the quick control of the mixamps pots but with a better level of consistency between you ps1/3 sessions i hope anyway.
uggg. I Hate the TR edition mix amp. The surround sound is God awful and sounds like a reverb tin can.

Sep 23, 2016 at 6:21 AM Post #36,614 of 48,562

R.I.P

:frowning2:

Cables started kinking badly, and right side just went. Now to find my 75s... if I still have them. Gah.

Considering all the abuse, I'm surprised it took this long. The cables are usually the first thing to go bad considering how pathetically thin they are. But I ain't about that DIY life.

Sep 23, 2016 at 9:00 PM Post #36,615 of 48,562
So in terms of pure positional with crap all bass, the HD 598 still the best aren't they?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back