Low end. Cheap. Generic. Otherwise bang for buck cable thread!
Mar 30, 2019 at 12:18 PM Post #1,051 of 9,211
I had the same dilemma for a couple of days, but ultimately decided to get the 125 cable (apparently the best one), in 2.5 balanced ($72 was a good deal on it).

I also got the OKCSC (2.5 female to 3.5 male) adapter to use for the time being (until I get a good DAP with balanced output),

and this one as well, which is dirt cheap (less than a dollar), not sure about the quality, but will evaluate that.

Hopefully, at least one of them will work. :o2smile:

Where did you find the 125 for $72?
I have 2 of the OKCSC adapters, they are good for the price, I think they were even mesured by hakuzen.
However one of the three was wired out of phase so I asked for a replacement, so be aware :D

Looks like I´ll pick the 130 then, or the 125 (if there is still some good deal on it).
SPC seems like a better choice for someone who wants to tame the bass/lift some treble detail, but it can hurt (like with the DM6 :D). So far SPC works only on my FH5, it makes it bass less thick.
Thank you guys, you are really helpful :)

Mar 30, 2019 at 12:24 PM Post #1,053 of 9,211
Where did you find the 125 for $72?
I have 2 of the OKCSC adapters, they are good for the price, I think they were even mesured by hakuzen.
However one of the three was wired out of phase so I asked for a replacement, so be aware :D

Looks like I´ll pick the 130 then, or the 125 (if there is still some good deal on it).
SPC seems like a better choice for someone who wants to tame the bass/lift some treble detail, but it can hurt (like with the DM6 :D). So far SPC works only on my FH5, it makes it bass less thick.
Thank you guys, you are really helpful :)

It was the cheapest price I could find (the AK store) through mobile (mobile orders have additional discounts), +$10 worth of coupons. Send me a PM, and I will send you links if you want. :)

Mar 30, 2019 at 12:30 PM Post #1,054 of 9,211
I had the same dilemma for a couple of days, but ultimately decided to get the 125 cable (apparently the best one), in 2.5 balanced ($72 was a good deal on it).

I also got the OKCSC (2.5 female to 3.5 male) adapter to use for the time being (until I get a good DAP with balanced output),

OKCSC-Headphone-Jack-2-5mm-Female-to-3-5mm-4-4mm-Male-Jack-Audio-Stereo-Adapter.jpg_640x640q70.jpg_.webp

and this one as well, which is dirt cheap (less than a dollar), not sure about the quality, but will evaluate that.

cltgxdd-3-5-mm-Male-to-2-5-mm-Female-3-5-to-2-5-stereo.jpg_640x640q70.jpg_.webp

Hopefully, at least one of them will work. :o2smile:
1st one works as you intend.
2nd one, i'd bet it's 3.5 male TRS to 2.5 female TRS (single end), so it won't work

Mar 30, 2019 at 1:08 PM Post #1,055 of 9,211
1st one works as you intend.
2nd one, i'd bet it's 3.5 male TRS to 2.5 female TRS (single end), so it won't work

You are right. If the female part/plug is 4 poles, I will re-solder it properly (it looks openable), using that ofc:

9385690.jpg

I've also ordered one of these (which I would assume have the 4 poles) as well,

Golden-3-5mm-Male-to-2-5mm-Female-Plug-Stereo-Audio-Earphone-Adapter-Converter-Connector.jpg_640x640q70.jpg_.webp

that I intend on opening and resoldering. It's just in case the OKCSC proper adapter is wired wrong, and I can't open it. I hope it doesn't come to that of course :ksc75smile:, but those cheap ones are as a DIY back up in a way.

Last edited:
Mar 30, 2019 at 3:50 PM Post #1,056 of 9,211
Hi guys :wink: Thread is awesome, a lot of information here. I need 2.5 balanced cable for my andromedas (mmcx), it will be paired with radsone es100. Any suggestions? I'd like to achieve spacious and detailed sound. Lows are almost perfect for my taste and I don't want to bump sub/mid bass or make andro sound muddy. Can you recommend something? I was thinking about these two but maybe you can suggest something better.

1. https://penonaudio.com/isn-audio-s16.html
2. https://penonaudio.com/accessories/earphone-cable/ibasso-cb12cb13.html

Mar 30, 2019 at 3:53 PM Post #1,057 of 9,211
Hi guys :wink: Thread is awesome, a lot of information here. I need 2.5 balanced cable for my andromedas (mmcx), it will be paired with radsone es100. Any suggestions? I'd like to achieve spacious and detailed sound. Lows are almost perfect for my taste and I don't want to bump sub/mid bass or make andro sound muddy. Can you recommend something? I was thinking about these two but maybe you can suggest something better.

1. https://penonaudio.com/isn-audio-s16.html
2. https://penonaudio.com/accessories/earphone-cable/ibasso-cb12cb13.html
ISN S8 or Effect audio origin.

Mar 30, 2019 at 5:17 PM Post #1,059 of 9,211
This is the same cable I believe, and it's at 69 (even less through mobile + coupons). :)

That’s what I was thinking - that’s cable 130.

Seems they have listed it twice with different pricing. I hope they are the Exact same cable quality and not different grades.

Mar 30, 2019 at 5:25 PM Post #1,060 of 9,211
That’s what I was thinking - that’s cable 130.

Seems they have listed it twice with different pricing. I hope they are the Exact same cable quality and not different grades.

I've noticed these "duplicates" with higher price tags (same items, 2 pages, different pricing) on some other cables as well, sometimes even from the same store. They could be doing something "funky" on purpose, I don't know. :ksc75smile:

Mar 31, 2019 at 11:40 AM Post #1,065 of 9,211
ISN Audio C16 Just arrived. Its beautiful.

Looks amazing and great price...I might get one for the heck of it...I’ve got an 8 core nicechk on my TF10 custom and it sounds good...I too wish they made an open ended headphone version

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back