Low end. Cheap. Generic. Otherwise bang for buck cable thread!
Mar 31, 2019 at 11:45 AM Post #1,066 of 9,182
nice review! thanks

I have this cable for my custom TF10, and it’s a great combination. I dunno if you believe in burn in but it sounded a lot once better once I put some hours on it.

Mar 31, 2019 at 11:51 AM Post #1,067 of 9,182
This post is a review of the following cable :

Configurations
:

The cable is available in the following configurations :
  • MMCX (connectors)
  • 2Pin (connectors)
  • 3.5mm (plug)
  • 2.5mm (plug)
  • 4.4mm Balanced (plug)

Build quality
:
  • Plug :

Overall build quality the cable looks good (keep in mind it is a budget cable designed first). The plug is well made of metal with « gold » plated (very classic), and pleasant to manipulate. My plug came with a little defect (a little scratch on the gold plated stem) but almost invisible and which anyway does not affect the sound. I did not see very often this kind of plug in the past, so it is a great surprise to see something who stands out a bit. The brand name NiceHCK is plated on the plug (white mark).

• Y-Splitter :

Comes with a « ball »-like (which is here for just the fun and beauty) but this time in black. This has been already seen in my previoous NiceHCK cables. Looks to be now a classic on many cables. The splitter himself is made of metal, looks almost the same at the plug itself, but in miniature. Great finish overall, and still with the white NiceHCK mark on it.

• MMCX connectors :

Here again, looks the same miniature-like of the plug, great finish of metal too, with L and R marks to help distinguish them faster, but I really much prefer to see colors on my MMCX plugs now, much easier to discern.

• Cable itself :

This 8 cores wires provides very good conductivity and will ensure your drivers to sound their best (especially for the price asked).

Cable is soft (not too much soft either), tangle free, looks a bit memory (but not by much) and is a bit microphonic.

Note that I removed the earguides as I use my standard earbuds with MMCX (a personal EMX500 DIY that I did by myself, and that I know by heart, helping me a lot to feel better sound qualities of each cables).

Sound impressions
:

Soundstage is a bit thin and congested. Sounds like everything is much tamed (especially the highs), mids remains almost intact and shows good presence, bass lacking a bit of impact (subbass aswell) and overall signature is warm. Not much transparent nor natural sounding. Overall I would say it lack a bit of « breath ».

Conclusion
:

Depending on the brightness/coldness of your source and earbuds/IEMs used, this cable could be a good pairing.
For sure, a good budget cable to begin in the world of audiophile.

(as always, sorry for my limited english, not native)
Cheers'

I have this cable for my custom TF10 as I just needed a replacement cable, and it pairs up really nicely. I ran about 150 hrs through it and it sounded a lot better after about 50, I dunno if you guys believe in burn in or not.

Apr 1, 2019 at 2:52 AM Post #1,068 of 9,182
I have this cable for my custom TF10 as I just needed a replacement cable, and it pairs up really nicely. I ran about 150 hrs through it and it sounded a lot better after about 50, I dunno if you guys believe in burn in or not.
Mine was about 50 hours for the review, but since I believe in burn-in (more in drivers than cables) I will run couple of few more days to check this out then :thumbsup:

Apr 2, 2019 at 7:35 AM Post #1,069 of 9,182
Just noticed ISN Audio C16 now even available with 4.4 balanced connection. ISN audio should add HD58x and HD6xx connectors too.

56158375_405260663625169_4925089004627427328_n.jpg

Apr 2, 2019 at 8:04 AM Post #1,070 of 9,182
I’m interested in the ISN 16 SPC cable for my Roxanne but don’t think it would be better than my occ silver cable..can’t leave well enough alone.

Apr 2, 2019 at 12:47 PM Post #1,072 of 9,182
My ISN S16 is coming. :ksc75smile:

Nice, lemmy know us know how it sounds...I can’t remember if I liked SPC or not haven’t had a cable for it in a while

Apr 3, 2019 at 6:00 AM Post #1,073 of 9,182
Linsoul HQ.jpg
Received my Linsoul lsc09 today, only 10 days of shipping from Singapore to Turkey. This cable is mentioned by reviewer as the best conductivity of all cables mentioned, so I gave it a shot.

https://www.aliexpress.com/store/pr...ml?spm=2114.12010612.8148356.4.667334e6iCbQG8

Haven't combined it with my earphones yet since I am stuck at work, but one thing to mention is item came as exactly shown in the description of seller. I told the store the try the item before sending to avoid a malfunction.

Cable looks bulky but attractive and shiny.

Last edited:
Apr 3, 2019 at 12:15 PM Post #1,074 of 9,182
Received my Linsoul lsc09 today, only 10 days of shipping from Singapore to Turkey. This cable is mentioned by reviewer as the best conductivity of all cables mentioned, so I gave it a shot.

https://www.aliexpress.com/store/pr...ml?spm=2114.12010612.8148356.4.667334e6iCbQG8

Haven't combined it with my earphones yet since I am stuck at work, but one thing to mention is item came as exactly shown in the description of seller. I told the store the try the item before sending to avoid a malfunction.

Reminds me a bit of the JC Ally cable, only with better ends.

Apr 3, 2019 at 6:15 PM Post #1,076 of 9,182
Has anyone tried this cable?

€ 31,33 72%OFF | OFHC 24 AWG 6N Hohe Reinheit Kupfer Kabel 2,5/3,5/4,4mm Ausgewogene Kopfhörer Kabel Mit MMCX Anschluss aus Taiwan Für HQ8 HQ10
https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/4ZZN9fb

32 Euro is quite tempting as this has been offered at much higher pricepoints in the past ...

Last edited:
Apr 3, 2019 at 6:27 PM Post #1,077 of 9,182

Is that a cloth or is that the copper?

Apr 3, 2019 at 7:53 PM Post #1,078 of 9,182
This thread looks like a fantastic resource, but I am just not passionate enough to go through it all. I'll try to ask my question and hopefully I won't be sent to the search function.

Are there any standout options for around $50? Something that multiple people have tried/measured and agree that it's a good cable?

I currently have an ALO Litz (3.5mm) and a Chi-Fi 16 core SPC (4.4mm) cable from a brand that's been banned here (didn't know that when I bought it). I like the sound I'm getting from the Chi-Fi, but I'm looking for an improvement in build quality (better sound would be a plus too). I don't have a particular preference for number of cores or copper grade as long as the end result is good.

Thanks!

Apr 3, 2019 at 10:24 PM Post #1,079 of 9,182
This thread looks like a fantastic resource, but I am just not passionate enough to go through it all. I'll try to ask my question and hopefully I won't be sent to the search function.

Are there any standout options for around $50? Something that multiple people have tried/measured and agree that it's a good cable?

I currently have an ALO Litz (3.5mm) and a Chi-Fi 16 core SPC (4.4mm) cable from a brand that's been banned here (didn't know that when I bought it). I like the sound I'm getting from the Chi-Fi, but I'm looking for an improvement in build quality (better sound would be a plus too). I don't have a particular preference for number of cores or copper grade as long as the end result is good.

Thanks!
you can find some comments, pics, and links (to check their approximated prices) at spoiler sections of this list

Last edited:
Apr 4, 2019 at 4:20 AM Post #1,080 of 9,182
you can find some comments, pics, and links (to check their approximated prices) at spoiler sections of this list
Thanks for the link. I specifically had your posts in mind when I made the comment about this thread being a great resource. But it's a bit overwhelming for me still (too much information). Could you maybe narrow it down to 3-5 options? Thanks a lot!

Btw, what does the number in brackets at the beginning of the line represent? E.g. "(150)" in:
(150) isn audio C16 scc 16c (copper,M)........................78..83..73..86..[52.9]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back