1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Low end. Cheap. Generic. Otherwise bang for buck cable thread!

First

Back
90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99
101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110
Next

Last
  1. starfly
    Looking for a good affordable 3.5mm male - 3.5mm male cable for my Sony MDR-7520. Price <$100. Not sure where to start searching, as most searches bring up IEM cables or very headphone specific cables, but my Sony headphones have a simple 3.5mm female connector.

Thx

2. hakuzen
    i ended buying gu-craftsman cables (check my list, cables 133) for he400i (2.5mm trrs -balanced- to 2 x 2.5mm trs, 6n ooc copper wire) and audio-technica ath-m70x (custom, 3.5mm trs -single end- to 2.5mm trs lock, extra length 6n occ silver plated copper).
    guess the cable for your mdr-7520 is 3.5mm trs -single end- to 3.5mm trs, possibly the most easy to find; (or does the plug which goes into the phones require something special?); many options, different quality. saw some of them at lunashops and also at aliexpress.
    got interested of these, but didn't purchased them:
    http://www.lunashops.com/goods.php?id=4837, ~25.2awg, ~175mΩ expected of probably good quality pcocc copper furukawa wire
    http://www.lunashops.com/goods.php?id=4832, pure silver version of the above one (but with 2.5mm lock plug, you'd need to search for your termination, 3.5mm trs)
    this is maybe fancier, and way cheaper. guess quality of the wire is far from the latters:
    http://www.lunashops.com/goods.php?id=4756 (cheaper 5n occ)

Last edited: May 22, 2019
  3. hakuzen
    ended deducting that your choice could be the best from these up-occ cables atm. copper and silver plated litz separated threads mixed into each core, 28awg. wish they had an 8 cores version of this cable!
    thank you for finding, purchasing, and sharing it! looking forward your impressions after receiving it

Broquen likes this.
  4. Broquen
    Thanks to you for your work and valuable help here, had no opportunity to tell you before, but it's very appreciated.

On the other hand, I won't be able to compare it to 130,165, etc. but I'll post my impressions based on other cables experience.

hakuzen likes this.
  5. subwoof3r
    Oh btw, I finally ordered few days ago 165 too :D
    I will make a comparison between 125 (my yet best)

Broquen, hakuzen and archy121 like this.
  6. hakuzen
    added cable 066 to my list of cables measurements: jcally, silver plated 5n ofc copper, 8 cores, zsn (c-type) termination. and measurements of zsn (c-type plugs) version of cable 065 (4 thicker cores).
    also found in other colors and terminations.

[​IMG]

nice conductivity (equivalent to ~24AWG thickness, around 128mΩ/signal).
    sound is good enough for not very resolving iems.

found two issues:

1- jack (furutech cheap styled) is low quality (like in cables 065 -jcally- and 056 -trn-). found a core (L+ in this case) unsoldered or not well soldered. it's the second jcally cable (and all 056 trn cables) where i've found this issue. maybe there is very small space to solder, who knows.

2- this zsn version has got inverted polarization respect KZs norm (both sides); i.e., sign signal should go down (hole at the extreme of the shell), but it goes up (interior hole) in both sides. found same issue at cable 065 (jcally), zsn version, as well.
    as both sides have same polarization, they won't be out of phase, and sound won't be affected. but being purist, i'd prefer right polarization, not inverted.
    if you get curved 2pins plug, like these zsn type plugs, there is no way to set the right polarization without re-soldering the plugs.

7. Slater
    I have this same cable, and mine is wired properly.

8. hakuzen
    glad to know, thanks! i got 2 ok, 2 w/solder issues, from my 4 jcally cables, so fifty-fifty for me.

guess it's due to the jack, because found similar issues in all the cheap trn cables which use this kind of jack.

Last edited: May 21, 2019
  9. Slater
    Maybe I’ll try a different plug on 1 of mine to see if there’s any room for improvements hidden in the plug.

10. hakuzen
    if yours are measuring even and you have no issues with the jack, better don't touch it until it breaks. if solders are ok, you won't notice any difference

11. Palash
    ISN Audio H16, good pairing with LZ Z04A. Beautiful cable.

DSC_0057.JPG

12. candlejack
    Ahhh, yeahhh...

20190521_215355.jpg

Edit: after opening the plastic bags: one's a dud and one is surprisingly OK. Will give more details tomorrow.

Last edited: May 21, 2019
    perfecious and hakuzen like this.
  13. Fizban
    Any impressions on this cable?

14. regenade
    Cable has incredible quality and no microphonics. SQ wise it shines with better source. No problems occured within 3 months of using it without any exterior flaws visible.

My previous cable was a Linum cable that came with Warbler Audio Prelude CIEM which was increasing the earphones strengths like crystal clear sound and shiny mids.

With this cable , sq became more balanced and texture of the sound got more stiffness which what I wanted to complement my armature drivers weaknesses. Also with this cable, my earphonesbbecame more source picky. Android phone - Linsoul synergy on the go have gone worse , while my desktop PC - Linsoul synergy has gone much much better compared to Linum and this synergy suggests with better source Linsoul outperformed Linum. Also, since I knew the engineer of Warbler CIEM in person and he told me out of several cables they paired with Warbler, Linum was the best so they continue with them.

All in all, i think this cable may be a gem for correct pairing and needs.

Fizban and hakuzen like this.
  15. Fizban
    Thank you renegade!

What's the ergonomics like?
    Stiff?

First

Back
90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99
101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110
Next

Last