1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Low end. Cheap. Generic. Otherwise bang for buck cable thread!

First

Back
89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98
100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109
Next

Last
  1. Mikooki

How are they with communicating? I like the look of the blue plugs but I'm worried if I buy one and just leave a note it will be ignored.

Last edited: May 17, 2019
  2. hakuzen
    they answered my messages very quickly (guess if you try to message them at their night, you'll have to wait a few hours). fluent communication. cable shipped in two days.

Mikooki likes this.
  3. rbf1138
    Looking for a good, lightweight, non-memory wire A2DC cable for ATH-LS200s...anyone have suggestions?

4. archy121
    The next cable I buy will be the last one so I have decided to go balanced even though I don’t have a source with Balance out atm - Planning ahead.
    Does anyone have experience of following DUNU adapter for converting 2.5mm balanced to regular 3.5mm out ?

Seems very reasonable and more robust than pigtail versions that I’m not fond of.

Dunu DC-12 DC-16 DC-11 3.5mm Male to 2.5mm Female 6.35-3.5 / 4.4-2.5 Plug Adapter for Music Player Balanced earphone AMP DAC
    https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/bWELlD5q

E3B23CF5-5180-4D38-8434-210C36D156C9.jpeg

@hakuzen Your no. 1 cable 165 has me salivating from your recent comparison of your favourites. Trying very hard to hold back till next big sale.

Have you got around to trying the similar looking silver plated 28AWG litz version ?

High Quality NICEHCK 3.5/2.5/4.4mm Balanced MMCX Connector 7N UPOCC Silver Plated Cable For SE846 LZ A6/A5 NICEHCK M6/EBX/NK10
    https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/bQidOtdO

82ACCE1C-E60F-48BB-8592-DE61CEB16C99.jpeg

I’m looking to pair with DM6 - mine has become sibilant free and I Now prefer the terrible supplied sparklier SPC cable to the BGVP OCC I purchased.

Last edited: May 17, 2019
    hakuzen and LaughMoreDaily like this.
  5. snip3r77
    Most cables that you purchase are the longer type , right ?

6. hakuzen
    i've not tried that dunu adapter. measured resistance of other straight and L shape adapters from other brands. link is in my list of cables post.

litz version of 165 wire (silver plated or pure copper) is thinner (28awg vs 26awg), but manufacturer/distributor affirms you get even darker background with litz version.
    so i've ordered a 2pins version of 28awg up-occ litz not silver plated (neotech?) cable for moondrop blessing here: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/-/1000007909452.html (cable 170 in my list).
    nicehck and other sellers only sell mmcx versions (amazing mmcx plugs, btw), and only silver plated or true copper and silver plated mixed versions of this 28awg litz wire (btw, copper and silver plated threads in mixed version are mixed into same core, like i prefer).
    depending of the result of this new 28awg litz up-occ cable, i'll might try the copper and silver plated mixed version, or i'll wait for 8 cores version of this kind of wire.

have to assume stock length of the cables regularly. when custom length available, like in some cables 133 (gu), i choose from 1.30m to 1.50m

Last edited: May 18, 2019
  7. archy121
    Wow 170 looks absolutely beautiful in detail.

Litz cables being darker in nature means lower frequencies will possibly come through stronger than higher ? I’m hoping to bring some sparkle and air with next cable - just short of sibilance.

According to the description of the NiceHCK UPOCC silver plated cable I linked it is in fact 28AWG.
    Maybe it’s not exact 165 match ?

1D5349E4-D2C3-400D-89BD-FC0C0E3F3433.jpeg

8. snip3r77
    So usually is stock length and I’m unlucky enough to get a longer one ?

9. hakuzen
    you can find 165 cable at nicehck (link provided in my list) and at 2 other shops. it's 26AWG up-occ COPPER NO LITZ.
    the other same style up-occ cables you can find at nicehck (like the one you linked to) and at 2 other shops, are 28AWG (thinner, expect 300mOhm) up-occ SILVER PLATED or SILVER PLATED+COPPER (mixed in each core) LITZ (independent shield/enamel of every thread in the core) . you'll probably get darker background (lower noise) with litz; it means slightly less noise, better definition, separation, and imaging. no tonal difference. if you feel more sparkle and air with this cable, guess it's due to silver plated copper vs copper, not to litz.
    cable 170 is 28AWG up-occ COPPER LITZ, and uses other type of jack and plugs.
    cable 165 showed darker background than 125. 170 could show even darker background, but it has higher resistance. the cable from your link should be very similar than 170, except of silver plated copper vs copper.

usual stock length is 120cm; sometimes it includes jack & plugs length, sometime it doesn't. and consider a +-5cm error. sometimes you get a 115cm cable, sometimes a 125 one.
    if you mean cable 165, specs say "Line Length: 1.1m-1.2m". mine is 117cm, jack & plugs included (112cm, after subtracting 4cm jack, and 1cm mmcx plug).
    cable 170 specs say length ~125cm (expect longer cable than 165)

Last edited: May 19, 2019
    subwoof3r and archy121 like this.
  10. archy121
    Sorry i just figured out that American higher AWG values mean thinner wire : o

What you have been advising Makes more sense now.

11. requal
    Try some good GPC with your DM6. You'll have better results then SPC or hybrid. I had FAW hybrid and it wasn't it. SPC (even stock) is not bad, good copper also, but still not near to GPC with them

12. manukmanohar
    So, I bought the cable #130, as per the suggestions here. It works great with my custom Fearless S8F. Seems to make the already sensitive S8F, even more sensitive. So much so that, I have to apply -12 dB digital gain on my ES100, and even then it is near the lowest volume in the ES100. Good build quality; however, one issue is that the connection with the earplug is not as tight (as the stock cables), the earplugs' connection is a bit loose, especially on the left side. (had the same problem with Kanas Pro as well) Anyone else facing this issue? Any suggestions to make them tighter?

Thanks to this thread for the recommendation. :)

Here are a few pics of the cable:

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

hakuzen likes this.
  13. hakuzen
    your issue might be related to 130 2pins plugs are not protruding one, while kanas pro and fearless s8f sockets are recessed.
    to get a tighter and more secure fit with recessed sockets, you'd need protruding 2pins, like found in cables 125 or 170, for example

manukmanohar likes this.
  14. manukmanohar
    Thanks. You are right, that should be the issue. It is reassuring to know that it is not the problem with the cable. I've anyway ordered the balanced cable from the Nicehck, which seems to be protruding. Hope those prove to be a good fit with the S8F's :) . (Not sure about the cable #, but it is the one which dsnuts mentioned in post #2)

15. hakuzen
    if you plan to try 28awg litz version, i'd go for these ones, because i have some doubts about one of the wires used in the cable you linked to:
    silver plated copper version, full silver color, not at nicehck but found at other shops.
    copper+silver plated coppper version (mixed inside each core), even better (higher chance of getting true litz wire)
    https://www.aliexpress.com/item/-/32994248213.html nicehck
    https://www.aliexpress.com/item/-/32997399146.html vs audio (nicehck)
    also found in other shops

yep, that cable uses protruding 2pins plugs. it's cable 053 in my list. worse quality in every aspect than 130, but very low resistance as well.

archy121 and manukmanohar like this.
First

Back
89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98
100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109
Next

Last