Low end. Cheap. Generic. Otherwise bang for buck cable thread!
May 19, 2019 at 9:10 PM Post #1,486 of 9,165
Looking for a good affordable 3.5mm male - 3.5mm male cable for my Sony MDR-7520. Price <$100. Not sure where to start searching, as most searches bring up IEM cables or very headphone specific cables, but my Sony headphones have a simple 3.5mm female connector.

Thx

May 19, 2019 at 10:19 PM Post #1,487 of 9,165
Looking for a good affordable 3.5mm male - 3.5mm male cable for my Sony MDR-7520. Price <$100. Not sure where to start searching, as most searches bring up IEM cables or very headphone specific cables, but my Sony headphones have a simple 3.5mm female connector.

Thx
i ended buying gu-craftsman cables (check my list, cables 133) for he400i (2.5mm trrs -balanced- to 2 x 2.5mm trs, 6n ooc copper wire) and audio-technica ath-m70x (custom, 3.5mm trs -single end- to 2.5mm trs lock, extra length 6n occ silver plated copper).
guess the cable for your mdr-7520 is 3.5mm trs -single end- to 3.5mm trs, possibly the most easy to find; (or does the plug which goes into the phones require something special?); many options, different quality. saw some of them at lunashops and also at aliexpress.
got interested of these, but didn't purchased them:
http://www.lunashops.com/goods.php?id=4837, ~25.2awg, ~175mΩ expected of probably good quality pcocc copper furukawa wire
http://www.lunashops.com/goods.php?id=4832, pure silver version of the above one (but with 2.5mm lock plug, you'd need to search for your termination, 3.5mm trs)
this is maybe fancier, and way cheaper. guess quality of the wire is far from the latters:
http://www.lunashops.com/goods.php?id=4756 (cheaper 5n occ)

Last edited:
May 19, 2019 at 10:36 PM Post #1,488 of 9,165
I've ordered Nicehck mixed version (UPOCC too) for about 70€, based on previous experience with quite some <30€ cables and stock ones (I found that like more mixed ones in that price range).
Curious about how can compare more expensive (mixed) cables to only copper versions (maybe highs extend better than in cheaper ones, don't know), but my budget was done with this cable plus a couple of adapters.
In any case, both of them (Nicehck and Neotech) look fantastic.
ended deducting that your choice could be the best from these up-occ cables atm. copper and silver plated litz separated threads mixed into each core, 28awg. wish they had an 8 cores version of this cable!
thank you for finding, purchasing, and sharing it! looking forward your impressions after receiving it

May 19, 2019 at 11:02 PM Post #1,489 of 9,165
ended deducting that your choice could be the best from these up-occ cables atm. copper and silver plated litz separated threads mixed into each core, 28awg. wish they had an 8 cores version of this cable!
thank you for finding, purchasing, and sharing it! looking forward your impressions after receiving it

Thanks to you for your work and valuable help here, had no opportunity to tell you before, but it's very appreciated.

On the other hand, I won't be able to compare it to 130,165, etc. but I'll post my impressions based on other cables experience.

May 21, 2019 at 5:31 AM Post #1,491 of 9,165
added cable 066 to my list of cables measurements: jcally, silver plated 5n ofc copper, 8 cores, zsn (c-type) termination. and measurements of zsn (c-type plugs) version of cable 065 (4 thicker cores).
also found in other colors and terminations.

66_jcally_tpc_8c_furutCheap_black.jpg

nice conductivity (equivalent to ~24AWG thickness, around 128mΩ/signal).
sound is good enough for not very resolving iems.

found two issues:

1- jack (furutech cheap styled) is low quality (like in cables 065 -jcally- and 056 -trn-). found a core (L+ in this case) unsoldered or not well soldered. it's the second jcally cable (and all 056 trn cables) where i've found this issue. maybe there is very small space to solder, who knows.

2- this zsn version has got inverted polarization respect KZs norm (both sides); i.e., sign signal should go down (hole at the extreme of the shell), but it goes up (interior hole) in both sides. found same issue at cable 065 (jcally), zsn version, as well.
as both sides have same polarization, they won't be out of phase, and sound won't be affected. but being purist, i'd prefer right polarization, not inverted.
if you get curved 2pins plug, like these zsn type plugs, there is no way to set the right polarization without re-soldering the plugs.

May 21, 2019 at 5:48 AM Post #1,492 of 9,165
added cable 066 to my list of cables measurements: jcally, silver plated 5n ofc copper, 8 cores, zsn (c-type) termination. and measurements of zsn (c-type plugs) version of cable 065 (4 thicker cores).
also found in other colors and terminations.

66_jcally_tpc_8c_furutCheap_black.jpg

nice conductivity (equivalent to ~24AWG thickness, around 128mΩ/signal).
sound is good enough for not very resolving iems.

found two issues:

1- jack (furutech cheap styled) is low quality (like in cables 065 -jcally- and 056 -trn-). found a core (L+ in this case) unsoldered or not well soldered. it's the second jcally cable (and all 056 trn cables) where i've found this issue. maybe there is very small space to solder, who knows.

2- this zsn version has got inverted polarization respect KZs norm (both sides); i.e., sign signal should go down (hole at the extreme of the shell), but it goes up (interior hole) in both sides. found same issue at cable 065 (jcally), zsn version, as well.
as both sides have same polarization, they won't be out of phase, and sound won't be affected. but being purist, i'd prefer right polarization, not inverted.
if you get curved 2pins plug, like these zsn type plugs, there is no way to set the right polarization without re-soldering the plugs.

I have this same cable, and mine is wired properly.

May 21, 2019 at 5:58 AM Post #1,493 of 9,165
I have this same cable, and mine is wired properly.
glad to know, thanks! i got 2 ok, 2 w/solder issues, from my 4 jcally cables, so fifty-fifty for me.

guess it's due to the jack, because found similar issues in all the cheap trn cables which use this kind of jack.

Last edited:
May 21, 2019 at 6:22 AM Post #1,494 of 9,165
glad to know, thanks! i got 2 ok, 2 w/solder issues, from my 4 jcally cables, so fifty-fifty for me.

guess it's due to the jack, because found similar issues in all the cheap trn cables which use this kind of jack.

Maybe I’ll try a different plug on 1 of mine to see if there’s any room for improvements hidden in the plug.

May 21, 2019 at 7:25 AM Post #1,495 of 9,165
Maybe I’ll try a different plug on 1 of mine to see if there’s any room for improvements hidden in the plug.
if yours are measuring even and you have no issues with the jack, better don't touch it until it breaks. if solders are ok, you won't notice any difference

May 21, 2019 at 3:56 PM Post #1,497 of 9,165
Ahhh, yeahhh...

20190521_215355.jpg

Edit: after opening the plastic bags: one's a dud and one is surprisingly OK. Will give more details tomorrow.

Last edited:
May 22, 2019 at 3:56 AM Post #1,498 of 9,165
Received my Linsoul lsc09 today, only 10 days of shipping from Singapore to Turkey. This cable is mentioned by reviewer as the best conductivity of all cables mentioned, so I gave it a shot.

https://www.aliexpress.com/store/pr...ml?spm=2114.12010612.8148356.4.667334e6iCbQG8

Haven't combined it with my earphones yet since I am stuck at work, but one thing to mention is item came as exactly shown in the description of seller. I told the store the try the item before sending to avoid a malfunction.

Cable looks bulky but attractive and shiny.
Any impressions on this cable?

May 22, 2019 at 6:07 AM Post #1,499 of 9,165
Any impressions on this cable?
Cable has incredible quality and no microphonics. SQ wise it shines with better source. No problems occured within 3 months of using it without any exterior flaws visible.

My previous cable was a Linum cable that came with Warbler Audio Prelude CIEM which was increasing the earphones strengths like crystal clear sound and shiny mids.

With this cable , sq became more balanced and texture of the sound got more stiffness which what I wanted to complement my armature drivers weaknesses. Also with this cable, my earphonesbbecame more source picky. Android phone - Linsoul synergy on the go have gone worse , while my desktop PC - Linsoul synergy has gone much much better compared to Linum and this synergy suggests with better source Linsoul outperformed Linum. Also, since I knew the engineer of Warbler CIEM in person and he told me out of several cables they paired with Warbler, Linum was the best so they continue with them.

All in all, i think this cable may be a gem for correct pairing and needs.

May 22, 2019 at 6:34 AM Post #1,500 of 9,165
Cable has incredible quality and no microphonics. SQ wise it shines with better source. No problems occured within 3 months of using it without any exterior flaws visible.

My previous cable was a Linum cable that came with Warbler Audio Prelude CIEM which was increasing the earphones strengths like crystal clear sound and shiny mids.

With this cable , sq became more balanced and texture of the sound got more stiffness which what I wanted to complement my armature drivers weaknesses. Also with this cable, my earphonesbbecame more source picky. Android phone - Linsoul synergy on the go have gone worse , while my desktop PC - Linsoul synergy has gone much much better compared to Linum and this synergy suggests with better source Linsoul outperformed Linum. Also, since I knew the engineer of Warbler CIEM in person and he told me out of several cables they paired with Warbler, Linum was the best so they continue with them.

All in all, i think this cable may be a gem for correct pairing and needs.
Thank you renegade!

What's the ergonomics like?
Stiff?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back