KEF M500/M200 Impressions Thread
Aug 21, 2013 at 10:33 AM Post #241 of 1,358
Thanks.  The 3.5 right angle is not as easy to unplug from desktop amps as I think straight would be.  I also feel like i've got a piece of fettuccine draped over me.  :)

Since I'm carrying the headphones to work and back each day I think I'm plugging and unplugging the cable a lot to put it in the case.

Aug 21, 2013 at 2:16 PM Post #244 of 1,358
I'm able to fit my M500 in its case with cable attached. You have to look at it and angle the cable just right, but it can be done.

Aug 21, 2013 at 9:13 PM Post #245 of 1,358
Looking at the M500 2.5mm plug, it's a TRRS. I'm inclined to think that this headphone is easily balance-able without having to drill the cups & solder to the driver directly?

Aug 22, 2013 at 3:12 AM Post #246 of 1,358
any manufacturer wanting to lauch new iem/headfones....
should send them to u guys for practical assessment
b4 final production....u guys are the REAL MCCOYs!!!
beerchug.gif

Aug 22, 2013 at 6:40 AM Post #247 of 1,358
Quote:
Thanks.  The 3.5 right angle is not as easy to unplug from desktop amps as I think straight would be.  I also feel like i've got a piece of fettuccine draped over me.  :)

Since I'm carrying the headphones to work and back each day I think I'm plugging and unplugging the cable a lot to put it in the case.

The M500 cable is like spaghetti or a flat elastic band. Less cumbersome and lower profile. Nevertheless there are better choices for home use. As I said in PM to another member, each of my collection have their place and are not used in the same way

Aug 22, 2013 at 11:27 AM Post #249 of 1,358
Quote:
I received the UE900 tips today and it seems for me, the best tip choice.  They retain the same sound and fit comfortably.  I can use the medium tips and I get deeper insertion and if I use the large tips, it's basically fits the same as the large stock tips but with better comfort.  

Are they much better than Auvio tips? Apart from isolation improvements. And does the Auvio tips mess with the sound abit?

Aug 22, 2013 at 1:25 PM Post #250 of 1,358
Quote:
Are they much better than Auvio tips? Apart from isolation improvements. And does the Auvio tips mess with the sound abit?

I didn't really notice the Auvio tips to mess with sound.  The bore looks the same as the stock tips.  Only problem is that the Auvio tips seem to go further into the ear canal even using the large size.  I normally use mediium and both the UE900 and Auvio medium tips work but it just doesn't feel right going further in.  The large tips of the UE sort of acts like the stock tips on fit and placement on where it sits.  It's just more comfortable over the Auvio tips also.  It's a softer and thicker silicon. 

Aug 22, 2013 at 3:05 PM Post #251 of 1,358
How do they compare to k267? is there a big difference between those? coz I just bought the k267 about a month ago, the soundstage of those is not really that satisfying to me. I feels "Welcome to Head-Fi, sorry about your wallet" is already happening to me XD

Users who are viewing this thread

Back